A divisive and personal question

Happy2

Legend Member
What's the best and worst band you have in your music collection?
And who's act has been the best Live act you've ever been to?

nextplease69

Silicone parts are made for toys.
Gold Member
Favourite band of all time - Soundgarden

Worst (guilty pleasure) band - Duran Duran

Best concert ever - Faith No More - Angel Dust tour, Every damn person in the old Ent Centre seemed determined to just have fun, no bad moods, no fighting....just everyone partying.

Best concert ever (performance wise) - Pink Floyd - Delicate Sound of Thunder tour. A faultless performance from consummate professionals.

Happy2

Legend Member
Think my fave album would British Steel by Judas Priest

Fave slightly of centre album would be Fugazi by Marillion
Guilty pleasures as nextplease69 put it would be from my teen years Just fun music like The Sweet put out

Best concert KISS in Perth 1980
Worst Dragon , Mark ? Hunter just didn't want to be there
Worst album Big brother gave me a Cindy Pauper Album Why??? Oh why

Reactions: Buk

MrBig

Diamond Member

Guilty pleasures as nextplease69 put it would be from my teen years Just fun music like The Sweet put out

Did your big brother want a baby sister?
I don't believe I've ever known a male to admit to owning a Cyndi Lauper album and I'm sure she'd be far from being a pauper after the release of 'Girls Just Want To Have Fun' single. :p:D
I seem to hear it played at nightclubs all over the world (as I walk past outside).

Happy2

Legend Member
Did your big brother want a baby sister?
I don't believe I've ever known a male to admit to owning a Cyndi Lauper album and I'm sure she'd be far from being a pauper after the release of 'Girls Just Want To Have Fun' single. :p:D
I seem to hear it played at nightclubs all over the world (as I walk past outside).
Big brothers birthday is a week before mine I do believe And I will use a Seinfeld term here
I do believe big brother is a re-gifter

My Father was 47 years older than me So All "POP" music was the same to him So I think the album was a present from him originally

MrBig

Diamond Member
Big brothers birthday is a week before mine I do believe And I will use a Seinfeld term here
I do believe big brother is a re-gifter

My Father was 47 years older than me So All "POP" music was the same to him So I think the album was a present from him originally
Your big brother seems like a clever boy. You couldn't palm it off in like manner? Or, you actually played it and became immediately addicted. It can happen - I've got that song stuck in my head now thanks to you.:p

Happy2

Legend Member
Your big brother seems like a clever boy. You couldn't palm it off in like manner? Or, you actually played it and became immediately addicted. It can happen - I've got that song stuck in my head now thanks to you.:p
Your welcome
Bet you wish you had a dislike button now Eh Mr Little ?

chibi

Diamond Member
I dunno about best or worst band, but I embarrassingly have Dannii Minogue and TLC CD singles in my collection. Best live band was Shonen Knife.

User184

Gold Member
Fave Cd : A compilation called "the Blues that left Mississippi"
Biggest regret CD: I bought the Hootie and the Blowfish album that was AFTER cracked rear view.

Best band live: Hoodoo Guru's. Though I must say, I've been to about 8-10 Diesel performances. So he'd be a CLOSE second.

scavenger

Gold Member

'time after time' is a good CL song dunno if its on that album

Rudyboy

Diamond Member
Three best concerts; one when I was at Uni in the late 70s...Status Quo
Recently at Araluen...Simply Red and the best at Perth Concert Hall...KD Lang.....3,000 women was a bonus, although most were gay!

Best bands I wish I'd seen, Doobie Brothers and Steely Dan.

Concert I'd fly a long way to go to, Melody Gardot.

Happy2

Legend Member
Okay I will admit to liking another concert
My wife dragged me to a Shania twain Concert in about 1999?
Absolutely loved it

Buk

Diamond Member
Recently at Araluen...Simply Red and the best at Perth Concert Hall...KD Lang.....3,000 women was a bonus, although most were gay!

Yep I'm with you RudyBoy, wish Id seen Doobie Brothers....though not sure way back then I'd remember them with what I use to indulge in(past tense!); though Led Zeppelin was up with the best concert I saw at Subiaco Oval. Throw in AC/DC up there and the great blues man John Hammond Jun, now there is a guy who gives 110% in a concert! Melody Gardot...YES...how my tastes have matured:) Worst album...ABBA who a 'sick' friend gave me as a birthday present....I re gifted it....what goes around....

Buk

Diamond Member

Yep I'm with you RudyBoy, wish Id seen Doobie Brothers....though not sure way back then I'd remember them with what I use to indulge in(past tense!); though Led Zeppelin was up with the best concert I saw at Subiaco Oval. Throw in AC/DC up there and the great blues man John Hammond Jun, now there is a guy who gives 110% in a concert! Melody Gardot...YES...how my tastes have matured:) Worst album...ABBA who a 'sick' friend gave me as a birthday present....I re gifted it....what goes around....

Happy2

Legend Member
Re gifting re posting Whats the difference between friends Eh Buk?

Buk

Diamond Member
Sorry about doubling up there. It may have something to do with the local beer I'm drinking now at 12:30pm in a courtyard of an ancient city on a warm lazy day in Kotor, Montenegro while a guy is playing some great blues guitar....gotta go, my next beer has arrived.

Rudyboy

Diamond Member
Buk,

Your only the second person I have found who has even heard of Melody Gardot and both loved her. Michael MacDonald and the Doobies, countless hours of pleasure there.

RB

Buk

Diamond Member
Buk,

Your only the second person I have found who has even heard of Melody Gardot and both loved her. Michael MacDonald and the Doobies, countless hours of pleasure there.

RB
I must confess that until 2 years ago, I'd not heard of her until a male gay friend (not sure what relevance that has) put me onto her and I was sold! I wish I'd seen Steely Dan as have been a big fan for years. Ahh the Doobies. Many a good memory with them.

Rudyboy

Diamond Member
You might find her doing a concert in the Montenegro area, she does a lot around Europe.

Stacey J

9473 8962 xx
Silver Member

I missed out on all these artists :(

Rudyboy

Diamond Member
Vivienne,

When you want to make it romantic, get Melody going on YouTube. Voice is like sex.....sublime.

RB

T

Tania Admin

Best Concert was Black Sabbath, also my favourite band.
I wouldn't say it was a bad concert but Kings Of Leon, though the music was good, really didn't drum the crowd participation.

Happy2

Legend Member
Best Concert was Black Sabbath, also my favourite band.
I wouldn't say it was a bad concert but Kings Of Leon, though the music was good, really didn't drum the crowd participation.
Yes if crowd hasn't bought into it No matter the band the concert will lack that something

Saw that at a Judas Priest concert We went to first show brilliant Friend went next night The crowd weren't really in to it he said Show was bleh