A Circada, a white mouse, Buddah.......a timeless love story.

Master Yoda

“Your path you must decide.”
Legend Member
Journey to the west (well known to most people a Monkey Magic) is an amazing book book written in the Tang Dynasty. I have been studying this book for years now. Although it is fiction it hold many unrealised truths about human life on this planet, where we came from, and how the universe works.

Here is a pdf of the HUGE book for those who are fated to take interest.

http://www.chine-informations.com/fichiers/jourwest.pdf

So far there has not been that in the way of living that had not been demonstrated in this book. I won't get into all of that as I have not finished studying this book.

Today I came across a chapter that involves one of the love stories in the book. In the Lui Yin Temple where the Buddah resides...his second disciple the GOLDEN CICADA lights all the candles in the great temple each day. A female white mouse visits each day. The golden cicada would offer a little bit of oil from the lamps to feed this white mouse.

Over time this white mouse felt a great gratitude towards Golden Cicada. This gratitude grew to admiration and a devoted love that would never end. One day as the little white mouse was admiring the one she loved the sound of a huge bell startled her and she knocked over a few oil lamps that burnt down the temple. For this crime the little white mouse was subjected to execution by the great Jade Emperor of the heavens. The King of the Golden Pagoda Li Jing and his third prince Naza was to perform the execution.

At the time of execution Prince Naza pleaded with his father not to kill the little white mouse as she burnt down Buddah's temple unintentionally and it was done so lout of love. So it was decided that this heavenly rodent was banished to Earth to live on the lowest planes of the three realms.

There she waited and waited for 300 years as a mouse demon with great powers in the hop that she will see the Golden Cicada again.

Golden Cicada himself had later committed a crime of disobedience against his master the Buddha and was banished to Earth to live as a human being. He becomes the monk most know as Tripitaka or the Great Tang Priest. The purpose of his life was to travel from Chang An in the East to the Lui Yin Temple where Buddha resides to fetch the scriptures of truth and return to Chang An and bring peace and wisdom to humanity. And of course he was assisted by his three disiples the Monkey King, Pigsy, Sandy, and the white dragon horse.

Fate and karma is powered by cause and effect has the Tripitaka and the white mouse demon cross paths. She captures him and attempts to force him to marry her and expressed her unquenchable love for him. Yet he cannot as he is a monk and he must journey to west to retrieve the great scriptures. Great battles were fought between the monkey king and the demon with no real result. In the end, the King of the Golden Pagoda and his third prince Naza who banished the white mouse out of heaven was called in. They reminded her that Tripitaka has an important task that cannot be delayed. And that although you had waited for 300 years to see him, it is not part of his life's journey and unaware of this. Let it go or you will be destroyed.

Tripitaka's words toe the white mouse was that........Now I understand why you and I have to Karmic-ally cross paths. My offering of oil to you was out of kindness and not marital love. And if we are to balance this Karma it is time you returned the kindness to me. Let me go in peace so that I can fulfill my quest for the Sutra. Let go, and be unattached then you will be free from this pain.

And they continued their journey.

-----------------------------------------------------

Made me think.......every path crossed and every event in every moment had a karmic cause and effect.