60 minutes story 30 Oct 2022

Nev

Gold Member
I know I'd have no real idea whether a sex worker I was engaging was actually a slave, other than things like only seeing people with fluent English. What should people like me do?

Alfred

Diamond Member
I stick mostly with my favourites who are long-term residents, permanent residents, or Australian citizens.
I have no fears they might have been trafficked, or that they might traffic others. Most of their visiting masseuses are relatives (eg sisters) wanting a working holiday in Australia - not sure if they have working permits, but they are certainly not exploited.

Jimmy long

Gold Member
I've noticed some things, are these red flags?
  1. call or text, and immediately get a response from a different number
  2. make arrangements, but when I get there the person has no idea what was arranged - "how long?, what service?" etc
  3. fake pictures, details, service offering
  4. and worst of all, no enthusiasm for what they are doing, they don't want to be there
any others?

Nev

Gold Member
  2. make arrangements, but when I get there the person has no idea what was arranged - "how long?, what service?" etc
  4. and worst of all, no enthusiasm for what they are doing, they don't want to be there
any others?
I've never had these issues except #3. These look like red flags to me. Should we call that confidential (if required) police phone number if we experience these?

asianguy77

Diamond Member
any others?
None of these are red flags specific to the woman being trafficked.

1. It's common in this industry that the girl may have someone else take the bookings

2. Classic case of bait and switch tactics

3. Not always. But you get what you pay for. Can't expect GFE from a $150hr compared to $400hr. Higher volume less quality. Also case of YMMV

WildBrumby

Just A Former Rider In This Online Rodeo
Legend Member
Wish I had seen this when I was young and starting out. I would have been a better informed punter. Definitely saw things that in hindsight should have reported had I had the maturity to do so.

Longshot

Gold Member
any others?
#1 is a constant...particularly on Locanto!!