2012 Approaches

S

sexnut

The rivers will run red....floods in qld

Link is broken so has been taken down

A sign of what is it come?

So with 2012 upon us do you think anything will happen or will it be same old same old::)

Last edited by a moderator:

Fudd

Foundation Member
....I wonder how many will predict doom & gloom because of Dec 21, 2012...oh dear..... :)

Rochelle

Forum & Langtrees.com Administrator
Staff member
Legend Member
Ha sexnut what a relief........ I was already worried you want to know our New Year resolutions :icon_scra

R.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Happy2

Legend Member
....I wonder how many will predict doom & gloom because of Dec 21, 2012...oh dear..... :)

You know Fudd With this fixation on numbers by the doom and gloom brigade
I wonder if its the secret brotherhood of accountants who are the cause
Maybe we are just lucky there is 12 months in a year or we would be royally stuffed on 13/13/13

G

Ghost Protocol

why did the miyan (sp?) calendar stop at 21 12 2012?
someone have a link ?
j

ecchimiki

Gold Member
why did the miyan (sp?) calendar stop at 21 12 2012?
someone have a link ?
j

Hey, these guys couldn't even predict the spanish coming to wipe them out, so I wouldn't worry too much about the Mayans' predictions. Not to mention that it would be one hell of a downer for the world to end on my 45th birthday.

Happy2

Legend Member
Hey, these guys couldn't even predict the spanish coming to wipe them out, so I wouldn't worry too much about the Mayans' predictions. Not to mention that it would be one hell of a downer for the world to end on my 45th birthday.

Sorry ecchimiki It was a mistake That old Mayan used the wrong chisel when carving out that calendar The world ends 21/12/11 HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Demon

Legend Member
According to the mayan calendar or prediction It is another case of You guessed it "The end of the world" or similar disaster

Whew, that all.

I have a friend who has a significant birthday (ending in 0) on Dec 12, 2012 (12/12/12).

svengali

Foundation Member
Something I read the other day said that the only reason the Mayan calendar finished when it did was that they regarded that date as the end of a "cycle", not the end of the world.

Maybe they were too busy sacrificing people to get started on the new one?

Happy2

Legend Member
Something I read the other day said that the only reason the Mayan calendar finished when it did was that they regarded that date as the end of a "cycle", not the end of the world.

Maybe they were too busy sacrificing people to get started on the new one?

I think you may be right svengali But who pays all these people to make these readings of what is What? Folklore?
Please dont say the taxpayer

R

Ratboy

Let me say all these predicters of the end of the world have always been with us, one of note was jim jones and he talked hundreds of people into killing thmselves cos the end was nigh.

Theres the clue, next one comes along ask him to take the poison first and we'll take up the rear

W

WRXXXR

Mayan civilisation was a long time ago. I wouldn't read anything into not having a calendar which was more than a few hundred years into the future.

You'd think if they had the ability to predict the future they would have been able to predict the events that led to millions (?) of the race dying suddenly!

Happy2

Legend Member
Prediction was half their trouble back then to WR3XR They believed the Spaniards where part of prophecy and just succumbed to superstition rather than fighting for their very survival

Demon

Legend Member
They had the next update of the calendar in the diary for the new year.

It was #1 in their new year resolutions. Done every year, because they did not want to get too far ahead of themselves.

Alternatively, why base stuff on what happened to losers. They lost. (Not a value judgment, just a statement of fact).

If you read about the Mayans they treated other people the same way the Spaniards treated them. (They enslaved them, and treated them badly. Sacrifices, killed those who stood up to them, etc).

Demon

Legend Member
I was thinking it was this year that the "predictions" were meant to happen but it's next year.

Um............ But then I heard a radio interviewer saying he was having .... on the last time in 2012 this afternoon (said one day last week).

homer

Doh!
Legend Member
2012 - year of the big bang. I reckon this means the sex industry will boom lol...
The world will truly come to an end if there were no sex. Love makes the world goes around.

Fudd

Foundation Member
......this pic had me in stitches......lol... :)

Attachments

• 2012.jpg
    2012.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 3

Happy2

Legend Member
That is a top cartoon Mr Fudd And probably as close or closer to the truth As any academic or doomsday cultist will get

Aztec Monkey

Silver Member
Prediction was half their trouble back then to WR3XR They believed the Spaniards where part of prophecy and just succumbed to superstition rather than fighting for their very survival

That was the Aztecs. The Mayans couldn't produce enough food for the population (I think they were too busy warring and scarificing to maintain the irrigation and their cities died). Same thing happened to the Khmers.

Happy2

Legend Member
That was the Aztecs. The Mayans couldn't produce enough food for the population (I think they were too busy warring and scarificing to maintain the irrigation and their cities died). Same thing happened to the Khmers.

I stand corrected :notworthy