15 years...

billybones

Thrillseeker
Legend Member
15 years... That`s it, 15 years is all Bashir gets...

15 years for what some describe as a master terrorist.

You can get longer by trying to steal from the government.
Sure I understand that we are not in the same country where he was sentenced but shouldn`t terrorism be dealt with as a world court of some sort??
Can`t it be defined as an attempt at mass murder and have an automatic sentence of life imprisonment or even death???

B

BigBlackCock

If terrorism was dealt in a world court of some sort then I suspect the USA, Chile, China and possibly East Germany would be ahead of the queue to be tried.

Fudd

Foundation Member
....and Schapelle Corby got 20 years for "allegedly" smuggling a bag of canabis into the country. Not exactly a level playing field........but then again, not much different in Aust at times.

Fudd

ps: amen BBC....how true.

svengali

Foundation Member
Agreed, but at least the poisonous old bastard will probably die in jail and, no doubt, become a martyr for Allah. I hope his 57 virgins all have bad breath, saggy boobs and crabs.

Pity they didn't shoot him instead of those other three dumb young stooges who carried out the bombings.

F

Farm Boy

Agreed, but at least the poisonous old bastard will probably die in jail and, no doubt, become a martyr for Allah. I hope his 57 virgins all have bad breath, saggy boobs and crabs.

Pity they didn't shoot him instead of those other three dumb young stooges who carried out the bombings.

He going to be realty piss-off about the missing 15 virgins.

W

WRXXXR

We should be thankful that he was at least jailed.

The majority of SEA is shifty, corrupt and rife with greed.

To this day I can't believe the corby saga. For a country so anti drugs the locals are happy to pedal it to the tourists with the police waiting around the corner.. If there's a way to make a buck, they'll take it!

billybones

Thrillseeker
Legend Member
So how many of us believe that Corby is innocent???
and do any of us truly believe she will be back before her 20 years??

F

Farm Boy

To this day I can't believe the corby saga. For a country so anti drugs the locals are happy to pedal it to the tourists with the police waiting around the corner.. If there's a way to make a buck, they'll take it!

And the locales beat up our Cattle when the ABC slip them a few bucks.

Rochelle

Forum & Langtrees.com Administrator
Staff member
Legend Member
Just a word to Corby.......every Asian airport I have seen has big warning signs about carrying drugs in or out the country. Asian countries do have their own policies/laws when it comes to drugs regardless of how much and what kind of drugs (there is no consideration for something like 'just canabis').
So who ever is stupid enough to smuggle drugs and gets caught has to be aware that they might pay with their life. Corby is lucky to be alive.
Was she set up? Hard to say........fact is that some corrupt creatures in the police force in some Asian countries do set up tourists........wrong place at the wrong time associating with the wrong people.....I think that's what happened to Corby.

R.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

F

Farm Boy

Just a word to Corby.......every Asian airport I have seen has big warning signs about carrying drugs in or out the country. Asian countries do have their own policies/laws when it comes to drugs regardless of how much and what kind of drugs (there is no consideration for something like 'just canabis').
So who ever is stupid enough to smuggle drugs and gets caught has to be aware that they might pay with their life. Corby is lucky to be alive.
Was she set up? Hard to say........fact is that some corrupt creatures in the police force in some Asian countries do set up tourists........wrong place at the wrong time associating with the wrong people.....I think that's what happened to Corby.

Yes Rochelle Australian primary producers are always running afoul of non tariff trade barriers of some sort or another.

R

Reggie

It is a real catch 22 with Bashir, let him off and the whole world thinks the Govt is corrupt, kill him and he becomes a Matyr and riots errupt in the streets. At first I thought the sentence was weak but thinking about it, he will probably die in jail anyway and they can be seen to be showing a merciful touch to his supporters (as best as is possible with religious nutters). Unfortunately putting these buggers in prison doesn't stop their influence with their mates.

As much as I would like to, it isn't right for us to call for a death penalty or even life without parole as these are sentences that are not available to judges in Aust, ie if they were tried here we couldn't give these penalties either. That's something we should look at.

D

~Dragons_Princess~

I am disgusted with Bashir's sentence, absolutely pathetic but not in the least surprising sadly enough.

A

Alecia the Foxx

The Corby saga is absolutely disgusting. Even if she wasn't set up (and I think she was) the sentence she got over there is inhumane. The lesson I take from this is DON'T GO TO THOSE COUNTRIES!!!! If you have to go for business, then pay a few extra dollars and have your luggage sealed so that it can't be tampered with.

And yes, doing that to people at the airport, when the locals are running around peddling it in the open and bribing the cops defies belief. What a foul country. I would never give their tourist trade one cent. And if everyone refused to go there until they changed their corrupt laws, maybe they would start listening.

Miss Delights

Diamond Member

Oh svengali what did they do to you in the asylum for you to be like this!!? LOL:laughing4

W

WRXXXR

The lesson I take from this is DON'T GO TO THOSE COUNTRIES!!!! If you have to go for business, then pay a few extra dollars and have your luggage sealed so that it can't be tampered with.

I don't know how many kiwi's go to Bali but the problem is that it's such a cheap holiday for west Aussies. Walk through kuta and run into 5 people you know. But then I'm just as bad because I try and go 3 times a year.. Can just sit by the pool, eat good food and relax. Like everything in life you get what you pay for

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Alecia the Foxx

I don't know how many kiwi's go to Bali but the problem is that it's such a cheap holiday for west Aussies. Walk through kuta and run into 5 people you know. But then I'm just as bad because I try and go 3 times a year.. Can just sit by the pool, eat good food and relax.

Well, that's great. Get your luggage sealed.

C

Charlie57

Well said. along with Billybones and bigblackcock.

:notworthy