• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

doob

Legend Member
Ladies and Gentleman!

Over to you. Read the first post and others. Have standards dropped or raised? Mrs. Langtrees wrote this 9 years ago.

Last edited:

doob

Legend Member
I know that necklines have dropped and hemlines have gone up. They've yet to meet though.

doob

Legend Member
"Best joke about prostitution ever done was by George Bernard Shaw. He was at a party once and he told this woman that everyone would agree to do anything for money, if the price was high enough. `Surely not, she said.' `Oh yes,' he said. `Well, I wouldn't,' she said. `Oh yes you would,' he said. `For instance,' he said, `would you sleep with me for... for a million pounds?' `Well,' she said, `maybe for a million I would, yes.' `Would you do it for ten shillings?' said Bernard Shaw. `Certainly not!' said the woman `What do you take me for? A prostitute?' `We've established that already,' said Bernard Shaw. `We're just trying to fix your price now!' "

Alana K

@Langtrees
Gold Member
22 views and not one comment from the langtrees Ladies.

Miley: I find your dislike on this post confusing what is to dislike about a fact, we had 22 views to the page, I had phoned reception to tell all the day ladies to check this post and spent 20 minutes explaining the NEW emotion buttons, and whilst they had viewed the post they had not yet worked out how to do them.. The replies to this thread are to see that all Langtrees Lady's join in and show that they can use the new emotion buttons.
I am curious to know can you ladies edit your emotions, I can clear mine and put another one up. Let me know please in another thread in the admin section.
😘

Alana K

@Langtrees
Gold Member
I expect every Langtrees Lady to read this thread and leave a emotion behind therefore letting me know they are updated with our expectations.I have done it publicly as this will also help our advertising agencies improve their own business so we can take advantage of the fantastic 2016 that is fast approaching. MY 60th Year and the year of the Monkey.

DD has written out this SMS to all our Langtrees Lady. Its time again to bring our standards up to date. This is a process that we need to two to three times a year, because in any woman's business familiarity breeds complacency and as we get to know each other we start taking advantage of all and any situations.
I asked all receptionist to make a list of the ladies that were taking advantage, and also a list of ladies that they were embarrassed to sell. Receptionist make friends with the ladies and this often causes problems with being able to discuss certain issues like dress standards in and open and honest way. After all these years I still find many ladies that dress for woman rather than men and wear a style that does not suit them. All ladies need to create their own style as a uniqueness to their working character.They also need to invest in their business life by having the right outfits for the right occasions. It still astounds me that a $400 hr lady often wears a $20 dress. I am not talking about the nifty shopper that gets a good bargain, I am talking about a $20 dress that looks like a $20 dress,not hemmed correctly, not fitting properly, and cheap fabric.
I will post Didi sms below to make easier reading.
❤️

Alana K

@Langtrees
Gold Member
I expect every Langtrees Lady to read this thread and leave a emotion behind therefore letting me know they are updated with our expectations.I have done it publicly as this will also help our advertising agencies improve their own business so we can take advantage of the fantastic 2016 that is fast approaching. MY 60th Year and the year of the Monkey.

DD has written out this SMS to all our Langtrees Lady. Its time again to bring our standards up to date. This is a process that we need to two to three times a year, because in any woman's business familiarity breeds complacency and as we get to know each other we start taking advantage of all and any situations.
I asked all receptionist to make a list of the ladies that were taking advantage, and also a list of ladies that they were embarrassed to sell. Receptionist make friends with the ladies and this often causes problems with being able to discuss certain issues like dress standards in and open and honest way. After all these years I still find many ladies that dress for woman rather than men and wear a style that does not suit them. All ladies need to create their own style as a uniqueness to their working character.They also need to invest in their business life by having the right outfits for the right occasions. It still astounds me that a $400 hr lady often wears a $20 dress. I am not talking about the nifty shopper that gets a good bargain, I am talking about a $20 dress that looks like a $20 dress,not hemmed correctly, not fitting properly, and cheap fabric.
I will post Didi sms below to make easier reading.
👌

Nina Stone

Gold Member
Grateful to see this thread here and hoping the new comments will bump it upto the top so it can be reviewed by those who have arrived since its creation.

The expected standard of presentation at Langtrees has always been of a high standard, and there are those who are always immaculate, and those who need a little help, as they may not be as confident with knowing where to shop or what suits them.

As always your peers can often be your best reference as to what might work for us. Take the time to ask your fellow colleagues for tips.

Also I have found that there are always ladies looking to move on some of their own outfits, as they perhaps might be bored of them or bought something that doesn’t quite fit/suit.

Everyone is also always happy to share shopping tips/store locations, so simply ask around and I’m sure you will be looking and feeling your best in no time!