You're Not The Only One Feeling This. For The Mum's Out There.

T

Tania Admin

This hit home for me. I felt like this so often as a mum. I still do occasionally though I now have an awesome support crew and am no longer doing it on my own.

If any of you ever need to communicate with someone who understands and wont judge you, please feel free to pm me. You don't need to feel alone in this.

You've got this mumma and don't be afraid, ever, to reach out.

I copied the below from another page.

Regularly For A Lot Of Mums

- Severe anxiety that doesn’t subside
- Constant worrying if she’s doing the right thing
- Overwhelmed by the simplest of things
- Worrying if her anxiety/depression is ruining her kids
- Trying to be a good wife
- Making sure everyone is cared for
- Scared to talk about how she REALLY feels
- Doesn’t know who she is outside of being a mother
- Doesn’t want to be judged
- Doesn’t know how to let go
- Doesn’t trust a single soul with her kids
- Has rage that comes out of nowhere
- Feels like she is failing on every single front
- Wears the same clothes
- Hasn’t worn make up in months
- Needs to take care of herself but feels guilty for doing so
- Feels like she’s drowning
- Needs support but won’t ask for it or accept it
- Puts too much pressure on herself."

sabredog

Steppin' Out
Legend Member
Sounds like my eldest daughter Tania.

She is all about family, wants to be be involved. Hates her own mother (long story) and loves me, her step father, who raised her. Her hubby is much older, great dad, and even though a wonderful husband, does not offer much help around the house even though they both work.

At least she recognises all of the above now and has new friends prepared to support her in a differing way to myself and her younger sister (my baby daughter, well she is 26 now!)

T

Tania Admin

Sounds like my eldest daughter Tania.

She is all about family, wants to be be involved. Hates her own mother (long story) and loves me, her step father, who raised her. Her hubby is much older, great dad, and even though a wonderful husband, does not offer much help around the house even though they both work.

At least she recognises all of the above now and has new friends prepared to support her in a differing way to myself and her younger sister (my baby daughter, well she is 26 now!)
I don't have anything to do with my awful mother either but my step father (they split years ago) I absolutely love to bits (sadly we lost contact for quite a number of years).
It was just me for many many years. The father of my children was never around either.
Naughty Thoughts is awesome and really helpful and understanding . I'm definitely in a much better place these days even when I have bad days.

J

jackcoates

I constantly feel guilty doing this work with my Catholic family I decided not to have kids to have freedom I really feel awful doing this job and try to look mum in eyes on visits

molly rose

Silver Member
I feel these things often. I'm so greatful to have the support I do around me. Sometimes I feel so lost