• Langtrees.com will start paid advertising on the 12th April this year. (my mothers birthday) Wallet balances will still remain if logged in the last month. Advertisers that have not logged in wallets will be reduced to zero.

Dea VIP Darwin

Gold Member
Guys, I’m on travel research again and was wondering if anyone of you has ever been to a penis shrine in Thailand? :D

1568776487457.png

Coming across all these information about Thai penis shrines I was wondering about the meaning behind all this phallus worship culture.

For us it might look bizarre, but apparently the offers in form of penises meant to represent the Hindu god Shiva and are also symbols of fertility, fortune and good luck.

One of the most famous penis shrines is located on the edge of Phra Nang Beach in the Krabi Province of Thailand. Here a cave has been dedicated to a princess goddess named Phra Nang.

Over hundred of years till nowadays fisherman and boatmen left offerings in Phra Nang cave to ensure safe travel on the sea. Women from all over Thailand come here to pray for fertility. That’s why penises they offer here have discernible ridges and heads. Also they are decorated with colorful cloth, and the cave is filled with incense.

Just another weird Thai thing? Definitely not. As The phallus as a symbol of fertility was worshipped in ancient Rome, Egypt, Greece, and Babylon since more than 10000 years it just found its way into the Indonesian, Indian, Japanese, and Thai culture, amongst others.

So, one more thing added to the travel bucket list:

Worshipping penises in Thailand :excited::D

Madam Jacqui

Madam @ Langtrees
Legend Member
Guys, I’m on travel research again and was wondering if anyone of you has ever been to a penis shrine in Thailand? :D

View attachment 70844

Coming across all these information about Thai penis shrines I was wondering about the meaning behind all this phallus worship culture.

For us it might look bizarre, but apparently the offers in form of penises meant to represent the Hindu god Shiva and are also symbols of fertility, fortune and good luck.

One of the most famous penis shrines is located on the edge of Phra Nang Beach in the Krabi Province of Thailand. Here a cave has been dedicated to a princess goddess named Phra Nang.

Over hundred of years till nowadays fisherman and boatmen left offerings in Phra Nang cave to ensure safe travel on the sea. Women from all over Thailand come here to pray for fertility. That’s why penises they offer here have discernible ridges and heads. Also they are decorated with colorful cloth, and the cave is filled with incense.

Just another weird Thai thing? Definitely not. As The phallus as a symbol of fertility was worshipped in ancient Rome, Egypt, Greece, and Babylon since more than 10000 years it just found its way into the Indonesian, Indian, Japanese, and Thai culture, amongst others.

So, one more thing added to the travel bucket list:

Worshipping penises in Thailand
I worshipped them when i get them at LangtreesCBR XXXXX :D

funflyer

Foundation Member
I've been to the Phra Nang cave a few times and its very interesting to see. Apart from the cave the setting in that area is amazing

IMG_5254 (2).JPG

Also there used to be a penis shrine in the grounds of (the now gone) Hilton Hotel in Wireless Road Bangkok. With the demise of the hotel, I'm not sure if its still there or not. I'll try to check next week if I get time.

funflyer

Foundation Member
Did a bit of research and the old Hilton in Wireless Road has been renamed the Swissotel and the penis shrine Of goddess Tubtim is still there with plenty of penises to rub!

PS when you open the link just scroll down a bit to see all the photos

Last edited: