• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

Women in sport...

billybones

Thrillseeker
Legend Member
Not cheer leading but actually playing the game.

A friend took her young son who is about 7 to play footy at his local football club yesterday and was surprised when she noticed that there were 2 girls on his team.
I`m aware that there are all girl teams out there that play football, cricket etc but is it ok for them to play for a mixed team?
I guess at a young age that they may not be able to get the numbers to make up an entire team by themselves and that`s why the team is mixed but at what age should this stop if you think it should?

P

Perth boy

Morning BB

I think its great that the girls get into footy and in the mixed teams. I to have seen it and was a bit supprised. I think as they get a bit older they will need to move in to a all girls team. It could get a bit rough.

W

WRXXXR

I play mixed netball (and volleyball) and its the roughest non contact sport around I reckon.. 3 teams, 2 of which are super competitive.

The girls far rougher than us. Its not uncommon for the girls to be throwing elbows into rib cages or deliberately stepping on your feet. But not once have a seen a guy get to rough with a girl or retaliate.

Footy is about the only sport I think they should separate the teams when they hit teenage years.

P

Perth boy

Footy is about the only sport I think they should separate the teams when they hit teenage years.

Be a bit strange flicking the girls in the change room with a towel after the game and all walking around in the nic

viper

Gold Member
Generally girls will play with boys until the onset of puberty and then a divergence becomes clear. I think it`s a great thing to see. It is a shame once this divergence occurs girls leave sport or are not given the respect and coverage they deserve.

W

WRXXXR

Be a bit strange flicking the girls in the change room with a towel after the game and all walking around in the nic

Have you seen half the girls who play footy... They are more than capable of dishing it out lol.

I think socially, adult mixed sports that don't rely heavily on physical contact do very well. Netball, volleyball, touch footy, floorball, basketball etc are all very popular

Great way to meet people, exercise and have a bit of fun.

svengali

Foundation Member
The right time to separate the sexes, according to one junior football coach is "when the guys are no longer tackling the girls to get their hands on the ball"

J

JasRob

I think mixed team is only good for the kids, say 6-13y/o it won't be doing good if they get older coz the endurance and strength of male vs female varies as they grow older