• Langtrees.com will start paid advertising on the 12th April this year. (my mothers birthday) Wallet balances will still remain if logged in the last month. Advertisers that have not logged in wallets will be reduced to zero.

Who wanna get wet ??? πŸ’¦πŸ’¦πŸ’¦πŸ’¦

Caroline

Easy going πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›
Diamond Member
Songkran "Water War" Festival β˜”πŸ’¦β˜”πŸ’¦β˜”

Songkran is the Thai New Year's national holiday. Songkran is on the 13 April every year, but the holiday period extends from 14 to 15 April. The Songkran Festival is also a period when the Thai people cleanse and pour water mixed with Thai fragrance on Buddha images. The festival also showcases a bathing ritual where the people pour water on the senior Buddhist monks. This process is believed to bring good luck to them. After that, the chief monk will give a sermon and bless those who attend this bathing ritual. This water festival in Thailand involves merry making, presenting offerings to monks, releasing birds and fishes into river, paying respect to elders, building sand pagodas, listening to sermons and, more importantly, splashing of water. This is believed to bring longevity, good health and prosperity.

Derek

Bronze Member
living there for 7 years … it was my worst nightmare , I would ride to work and within 100 meters be drenched , stated wearing swimming shorts on my bike with work clothes under the seat , get to work and then dry off and do my hair. Many come here just for this , but not for me. lol

Melody

Bronze Member
This looks amazing! Certainly one for the bucket list once the borders open up!

Slugger1

Legend Member
This looks amazing! Certainly one for the bucket list once the borders open up!
Songkran is certainly a fun time to be in Thailand.

Everyone gets into it but you have to put your phone and wallet in a plastic bag as you will get soaked.

Unfortunately it will be sometime before we can go back there.

Friends living there say the hospitals are overloaded and having to line up for food handouts so the situation is dire.

πŸ™

Christian Wolff

Gold Member

Everyone gets into it but you have to put your phone and wallet in a plastic bag as you will get soaked.

Friends living there say the hospitals are overloaded and having to line up for food handouts so the situation is dire.

πŸ™
Oh no. That is bad news
Hope things get better soon for them
I had a fantastic Sonkran on the mainland and then a not so great one in Phuket.

Melody

Bronze Member

πŸ™

That is so sad.

To be honest, I don't think the world will ever go back to being the way it was.