• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

Who are they to judge??

billybones

Thrillseeker
Legend Member
Isn`t food the same as a boyfriend/girlfreind??

Anybody watching Masterchef this season???

Just because I may like my food and partner to be hot and spicy another might want them to be mild and sweet.

Who are these judges to say what is good food?? They may have sucessfull resturants but then so is McDonalds...

I can`t see them asking Ronald McDonald to be a guest judge anytime soon...

B

BigBlackCock

Billy, opinions are like arseholes - everybody has one; as someone once said.

Problem is that many arseholes have more than one opinion.

The vast majority of people simply love watching someone else get hurt unless they're on the receiving end and that's the thing about reality tv. So glad I've never watched any reality tv series - just listening to running commentary by office colleagues the next day is torture enough.

The trick in all the programming is ratings and then charging ludicrous amounts of money for advertising.

billybones

Thrillseeker
Legend Member
Billy, opinions are like arseholes - everybody has one; as someone once said.

Problem is that many arseholes have more than one opinion.

The vast majority of people simply love watching someone else get hurt unless they're on the receiving end and that's the thing about reality tv. So glad I've never watched any reality tv series - just listening to running commentary by office colleagues the next day is torture enough.

The trick in all the programming is ratings and then charging ludicrous amounts of money for advertising.

You mention about ludicrous amounts for advertising... It just reminded me a question I was thinking to mysef a couple days ago...
Product placement at the Royal Wedding. To place an advert during the final Super Bowl can cost millions...
imagine what Pepsi or Coke would have paid to have a can seen raised in Catherines hand as she rode in the carriage... The money raised could have been donated to a charity.

B

BigBlackCock

Coca Cola is a charity. Didn't you know they're supporting loads of poor Directors? Not to mention all those consumers' mouths to feed?

svengali

Foundation Member
Well, I have to disagree with you on this one, Billy.

Food, and the various dishes that make up a chef's repertoire have a set of rules and protocols and there are acceptable and unacceptable techniques.

Mostly, the judges apply these rules when tasting and criticising and all the contestants are treated equally. Yes, there is a degree of opinion involved but that is unavoidable and I believe that generally the judges are fair.

That said, Masterchef, in fact all "reeality" T.V. certainly doesn't sit very high in my list of "must-watches".

Happy2

Legend Member
I doubt it will But any show that gets people especially the younger ones
interested in food rather than macca's etc cant be all bad

billybones

Thrillseeker
Legend Member
I doubt it will But any show that gets people especially the younger ones
interested in food rather than macca's etc cant be all bad

Truth is it is only ever on in the backround so I hardly ever watch a full episode but have you noticed with most of these cooking shows it doesn`t seem to matter how much butter, cream, sugar etc they put into the food.

Not exactly that much healthier then macca`s if not it might be even worse...

Maybe they are trying to promote our dairy and sugar farmers...

Happy2

Legend Member
BB I see your point. High end food seems as bad as maccas et al But it costs $100 dollars a plate more than maccas or my fave Fish & chips So must be better or have greater snob value
But in my defence I did say food and Maccas nor Cream salt & sugar feasts really come into that category