What's going on????????

Rochelle

Forum & Langtrees.com Administrator
Staff member
Legend Member
The soccer world cup is about to start and nobody comments on it????????
OK........I do realise that Australia is not a soccer nation but hang on the Soccer-roos are part of the competition.......so please a little bit more excitement.

So here comes the big question.......which time is likely to win the world cup????????
my bet is Brazil........closely followed by Germany. Other suggestions???????

images

Sexty8

Sexty8 - you do me , and then I owe you one!
Diamond Member
Australia's group holds the No 1 team and the number 14 and 15 teams in the world...and Australia has just slipped to 62nd....wont be there long enough to have a post!

XLNC

Whatever happened to FREE love?
Legend Member
Ahem, it's football. If Brazil don't win at home, it'll be quite the upset. So I'll say Spain.

svengali

Foundation Member
Australia's group holds the No 1 team and the number 14 and 15 teams in the world...and Australia has just slipped to 62nd....wont be there long enough to have a post!

Sad but probably true. Even the Aussie coach (who's name sounds Greek) said as much early in the selection process.

However, I am sure the boys will give it a red-hot try and exposure to better teams and a good hiding is the only way to lift our own standard.

I don't take much interest in sport but I hope soccer (football everywhere else) builds on its supporter base in his country as it is an international game and offers tremendous opportunities to successful players.

Sexty8

Sexty8 - you do me , and then I owe you one!
Diamond Member
I wish em well, just hard to see it happening, unlike the World Cup in Germany 2006 where we played really well and lost to a diving Italian :(

homer

Doh!
Legend Member
I support the DGF group, aka Don't Give a F***. lol...sorry I am not into these hypes.

Holford

Gold Member
It's just a bummer that Australia got such a tough group. If a win over chile can happen and say a draw with the Dutch we might have a sniff.

There are a few tough groups this time around so there could be some upsets. Spain would have to go in favourites.

Rochelle

Forum & Langtrees.com Administrator
Staff member
Legend Member
Honestly it is great that Australia is part of it......and I am always happy for unexpected glamour teams. It is boring when the always the same teams do win the price. I am hoping for surprises.
Soccer is a beautiful game........looking forward to the competition.
PS: hope the time difference is not too bad.........sigh.... there are a few games I really would like to see.
images

and as a half German........,
images

XLNC

Whatever happened to FREE love?
Legend Member
It'd be an 11-hour time difference since you're in Perth. If you're rostered overnight at LT, you could have the TV on in the lounge and the room so that you don't miss any big moments. Make it a special offer for the football fanatics, the World Cup Experience with Rochelle or some such, combining two of men's favourite pastimes: sex and sport. :droid:

You just need to ensure you don't attract any hooligans -- though LT's rates should keep most of them away!

Happy2

Legend Member
The soccer world cup is about to start and nobody comments on it????????
OK........I do realise that Australia is not a soccer nation but hang on the Soccer-roos are part of the competition.......so please a little bit more excitement.

So here comes the big question.......which time is likely to win the world cup????????
my bet is Brazil........closely followed by Germany. Other suggestions???????

images

Rochelle You castigate us for not talking Soccer Now your deutschland wins this tournament and Nothing
I thought you would be a Merry Jerry
But alas you still seem to be a Sour Kraut:(

sqizza

Gold Member
Wow I love that song.. thanks for posting.. she's got an incredible voice!

I agree Linda Perry has an awesome voice and is also an incredible musician and songwriter.

In her earlier years she struggled with kidney disease and then drug addiction before focusing on music