• Langtrees.com will start paid advertising on the 12th April this year. (my mothers birthday) Wallet balances will still remain if logged in the last month. Advertisers that have not logged in wallets will be reduced to zero.

What would you do if you were Ross Lyons?

Historian

What a coqup!
Diamond Member
Of course the obvious answer from every wag would be to resign but that aside. If you had to coach a team after the last few abysmal performances, what would you do?

What strategies would you come up with? A coach can only do so much. At the end of the day it's up to the players to use their skills to win or put up a credible performance when they lose. Last week against Carlton, they actually snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

Tonight's performance? Words fail me.

What changes would you make to the team if you were Ross Lyons?

Last edited:

Historian

What a coqup!
Diamond Member
There's one school of thought that he's in retirement mode once he finishes his contract next year but I don't think it's causing any lack of coaching commitment.

Historian

What a coqup!
Diamond Member
Today's game. Abysmal! Just fucking abysmal.

Did I just write that? It's not only today's game. It's been almost every game.

Oh, watch out everyone. Next year the Dockers will the Premiers! It's all part of the rebuild.

sdm85

Gold Member
It's not only today's game. It's been almost every game.

I've been supporting freo since 1996 when dad used to take me to WACA to watch them and we aren't much better now than back then. Today was terrible, last weekend we got the big macs but the 1st half was terrible.

I don't get it...a lot of really great players have come and gone and it just hasn't worked.

Historian

What a coqup!
Diamond Member
And so many West Coast supporters remind me that the first Eagles team comprised largely of players hailing from Fremantle. What an irony. The person I feel sorriest for is Matthew Pavlich. If ever someone should have captained a Premiership winning team it was him and he stuck by the Dockers 'til the end.

Historian

What a coqup!
Diamond Member
Did you hear about the politician who was found dead in a Fremantle jumper?

The police had to dress him up in women's underwear to save his family from the embarrassment.

Historian

What a coqup!
Diamond Member
Met a genie today who granted me one wish. "I want to live forever," I said.
"Sorry," said the genie, "I'm not allowed to grant wishes like that."
"Fine," I said, "I want to die when Freo win the premiership."
"You crafty c%nt!" said the genie.

Historian

What a coqup!
Diamond Member
Driving home from the footy on the weekend Lyons was pulled over doing 145km/h in a 60km/h zone. He was fined $350 and 4 demerit points.

When the police asked Lyons why he was speeding, he replied "i will do anything to get 4 points"

Happy2

Legend Member
South melbourne relocated and became the Sydney Swans
Fitzroy were forced to merge and move to Brisbane and become the Brisbane Lions

Now I hear Freo are shifting to the Philippines where they will be known as
The Manila Folders

Historian

What a coqup!
Diamond Member
Amazing. Simply amazing. They pulled a rabbit out of the hat. Why did they wait 'til they had their backs to the wall? What a performance against Geelong!

If they play like that for the rest of the season, they'll make the Premiers.

Farm Boy 2

Legend Member
South melbourne relocated and became the Sydney Swans
Fitzroy were forced to merge and move to Brisbane and become the Brisbane Lions

Now I hear Freo are shifting to the Philippines where they will be known as
The Manila Folders

MCG Fremantle 79 Collingwood 75:banghead:

sdm85

Gold Member
Was it any surprise really?

For the last 25 years we have been able to regularly and convincingly beat top 4/6 teams but the moment we play a lesser ranked team we play badly!

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
It must be something to do with the Doctor.....for my Foreign friends Fremantle is the seaport in Perth anf the Fremantle Doctor is the winds that come off the Indian Ocean.

Historian

What a coqup!
Diamond Member
It must be something to do with the Doctor.....for my Foreign friends Fremantle is the seaport in Perth anf the Fremantle Doctor is the winds that come off the Indian Ocean.

I don't think you should limit your answer to foreigners Mary Anne, I suspect many locals don't know the origins of the Fremantle Doctor either and how it got the nickname.

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
Tell us more I dont know the story.....Add a photo or two of Fremantle and the Dockers AFL team a photo says a 1000 words....

Happy2

Legend Member

And to the non footy people it should be remembered that the Doctor is a relatively new name
Many a old seafarer will tell you it was originally called the Fremantle docker as it was the breeze used to facilitate Docking at the wharf of Fremantle in the days of sail

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
I would give you Informative & Brilliant except all the emoj's are coming down on the upgrade and we are going to have the orange love Heart Butterfly that so big you cant miss it plus the type face will be set bigger so I can read the default settings without straining my ols eyes.