• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

What is your idea of Romance?

K

Kelly

This is a question most people ask, but i would like to know from you all, what is your idea of romance?

Is it a day doing nothing but spending time together?

Or maybe a it could be something you do by yourself that is romantic to you

Whatever it may be i would like to know your thoughts

T

Tyler

Romance...that is a difficult one!

Romance is looking at someone you love and suddenly feeling a shiver all over and you know in that instant that they are wonderful!

C

Caz

kelly if i answer this question i might have to shoot you :)

Basically i just like spending time with my partner, doing things we enjoy.

Although i must admit that a part of me like the american romantic blazing fire, candles, nice red wine and the soft rug/blanket on the floor.....with alsorts of mischief to follow :)

S

scarface

romancing the stone

This one is not as easy as it looks, and romance means a lot of different things to many people . I think women need romance and us blokes have a somewhat warped view of what it should be . It also depends if your romancing someone or you are a romantic.
My view of romance i think firstly must be old fashioned. I very rarely swear in front of women, perhaps in the height of passion. Doors of all sorts must be opened. The obvious of course flowers, candles surprises.

I think romancing goes a step futher and depends on the way you look at someone, particulary if you are attracted to them you have to look right into there eye's and into there soul.I think wit of a tasteful measure. Also the way you talk to that person and really listen to what he or she is saying, words mean a lot and of course action more.

But really it adds up to a respect an honesty without letting it all out the bag.And no dubious nonsence.

These are just a few thoughts of which i think there are many many more.

N

naughtybuttnice

Love a Surprise!!!

Of course with romance comes Love, Trust, Honesty and all that stuff...Which our relationship has after many years together...But to be able to still keep the spark in it after so long is romantic to me...
Romance for me is when my man arranges anything to surprise me...Knowing he has thought it all out and it is a total surprise when it happens...

Like the time when I was busily getting ready to go for dinner on our wedding anniversary and I heard the doorbell ring, My immediate thoughts were...Oh no, Bad time for visitors or maybe it's the taxi driver and it's early...
But No, It was a beautiful stretch Limo with champagne on board ready to take us to and from the restaurant...:love3:

And I also love going to my inbox to find those unexpected romantic emails he sends me...;D And love replying to them romanticly...
I like to slip little love notes in his lunch pack or drawers, to romance to him...

Last edited by a moderator:

waxenboy

Foundation Member
Even though i dont have a partner i think romance is a nice bunch of flowers and telling them how much you love them,candle light dinner over looking the beach or the city with the river in the background.Then home for a nice massage and even a cuddle a cuddle is nice.That is what i think romance is i may be wrong who knows.

chris

sees the best in everyone
Foundation Member
ill cook dinner then sit in front of the tv with a bottle of red wine .............and a girl

P

Pink

romance to me is when ur man says he loves u ever morning as u wake up and tells u how happy u make him feel to be alive, and kisses u genlty but passionatly and u feel very special and loved ..... like my man does

S

sintoo

Romance

Romance is such a broard title for it can be so many things...
A look,a touch, a carefully planned romantic evening or a spontanous moment.But the crux of the romantic idea is for that moment nothing exists but the conection between the two lovers a warmth and power with a life of its own.::)

S

Sexy Brunette

Re; ROMANCE IS ALIVE AND MAGIC

HI :hello: EVERYONE,

I AGREE WITH THE ABOVE, TOUCH, CUDDLE, HUGS, FLOWERS, CHOCOLATES,

CANDLELIT DINNERS, THE OPOSITE SEX, HOLIDAYS WITH THE PERSON YOU

ARE IN LOVE WITH, CONNECTING WITH EACH OTHER MENTALLY AND

PHYSICALLY.

ROMANCE IS ALIVE AND MAGIC ALWAYS

SEXY BRUNETTE.xx :hello: :hello: :hello:

W

Wizard181

romance.......while you sit on the couch watching the footy eating a pizza she brings the beer in, then removes her clothes and gently sucks on your toes until the ads come on.......**lol**..or is it love?? I'm not sure which!!

S

Sexy Brunette

Re; SUCH A OCKER ATTITUDE

Wizard181 said:
romance.......while you sit on the couch watching the footy eating a pizza she brings the beer in, then removes her clothes and gently sucks on your toes until the ads come on.......**lol**..or is it love?? I'm not sure which!!

HI :hello: WIZARD 181,

WOW! SUCH A OCKER ATTITUDE, I AM SURPRISED THAT YOU ARE EATING

PIZZA AND NOT A PIE...........LOL......

SEXY BRUNETTE.xx :hello: :hello: :hello:

W

Wizard181

pies are special

yes you are right......tend to save the pies for those special occaisions....like birthdays, anniversaries....etc.....**lol**

Tiggirl

Foundation Member
Romance is anything done to let you know that you are truly loved - whether it's just your man pulling you into his lap and staring at you for a moment, before he whispers 'I love you' in your ear...
Or coming home to find he's surveyed all your friends (even the ones he can't stand! =) so he can get you the perfect present.

S

sexiness

Tiggirl...I love your last comment about your friends....that is very sweet.

Romance
I think that love is the foundation for romance to occur. If you don't care for your partner/date/husband then its hard to look into their eyes and smile...the romance occurs from the tingling you feel within the core of your heart from the presence of your partner in your life.
When your in love...so many things are romantic...
-knowing your husband is watching the movement of your buttocks when you walk down the aisle of the supermarket
-sitting in the warm car on a cold day eating pies talking about anything, while the world passes us by.
-everytime he goes to work (providing for our life together)
-my most favourite external romantic thing...is being in the outdoors...watching a sunset together or looking at the citylights at night...or climbing a hill...

It can range from the very sexual to the very simple things.
I could easily forego the flowers, chocolates, restaurant and just look into hubby's eyes and kiss sensually..caressing each other tenderly all over and forgetting that time existed.

Z

zoofa

Romance, the essence of love. The spark to ignite the fire within. Romance, the look you give, the warmth you radiate. Romance, the small things, a gentle touch a wink of the eye. To touch the soul, to say it like you mean it. Open a car door, bring flowers, tell her how much you care. Romance, make her the most important person in the world to you. Hold her tight when she cries. Laugh with her and not at her. Learn to cook, recite poetry, drink red wine, open your world to hers and hers to yours. Then, perhaps you will get the shiver and fuzzy warm feeling of total love when you look at her.

Hmmmmm, something we all deserve.