What Is Water Fasting ???

Caroline

Easy going πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›
Diamond Member
A water fast is when a person does not eat and drinks nothing other than water. There is no set time that water fasting should last for, but medical advice generally suggests anywhere from 24 hours to a few days time to go without food. Throughout history, people have undertaken fasts for spiritual or religious reasons. But, water fasting is now popular in the natural health and wellness movements, often alongside meditation. Although there benefits to fasting, there are considerable risks if a fast is carried out for too long it will be risk of damage to their body. Water fasting will not be safe for everyone, and should not be undertaken by older adults, those under 18, or those who are underweight. If someone has not fasted before, they should consider starting with a 1-day fast first to try it out and see is have adverse effects or not. Fasting for longer you should only be carried out after seeking the advice of a medical professional.

Attachments

• benefits-of-drinking-water.jpg
    benefits-of-drinking-water.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 0

Caroline

Easy going πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›
Diamond Member
Fasting is considered very healthy it gives the body time to cleanse, some suggest one day a week is a really good way to keep fit and healthy

yes good for boosts metabolism and cleaning our body after take too much unhealthy food
i try too eat healthy food for long lasting healthy life 😍 😍 😍

sabredog

Steppin' Out
Legend Member
Fasting is considered very healthy it gives the body time to cleanse, some suggest one day a week is a really good way to keep fit and healthy
I always aim to have dinner at 5pm (unless I am out and about) and do not eat anything further to 10am the next morning. Promotes ketosis and so allows me to manage my weight, especially as I fast walk for half an hour first thing in the morning. Keeping those kilos I worked hard to get rid of well away.

I read that restricting food intake to a small segment of the day is good for you if you do not want to fast for whole days. Does work, especially if you have a water fast day once a week and that is usually one day of the working week for me.

Caroline

Easy going πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›
Diamond Member
I always aim to have dinner at 5pm (unless I am out and about) and do not eat anything further to 10am the next morning. Promotes ketosis and so allows me to manage my weight, especially as I fast walk for half an hour first thing in the morning. Keeping those kilos I worked hard to get rid of well away.

I read that restricting food intake to a small segment of the day is good for you if you do not want to fast for whole days. Does work, especially if you have a water fast day once a week and that is usually one day of the working week for me.

yes babe, cut the calories and fasting sometimes is good for a reboot our body πŸ‘πŸ‘

Caroline

Easy going πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›
Diamond Member
Did it for 5 days recently lost 6kgs,
bad breath.
hard to sleep as your metabolism goes into overdrive.
first two days were hard but easy after that

yes babe always hard to start something in the beginning
but after a few days our body will be used to it πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰

Brenda Driver VIP Perth

Diamond Member
Have just started intermittent fasting. I am eating between 1pm and 9pm with a 16 hour fast. Enjoying a large salad for lunch and a healthy snack box for dinner. No more night time milky coffees when on nightshift and no eating from the plattters. Will be interesting to see how my body feels in a few days.

Design Guru

Creative Mind ♐
Gold Member
A water fast is when a person does not eat and drinks nothing other than water. There is no set time that water fasting should last for, but medical advice generally suggests anywhere from 24 hours to a few days time to go without food. Throughout history, people have undertaken fasts for spiritual or religious reasons. But, water fasting is now popular in the natural health and wellness movements, often alongside meditation. Although there benefits to fasting, there are considerable risks if a fast is carried out for too long it will be risk of damage to their body. Water fasting will not be safe for everyone, and should not be undertaken by older adults, those under 18, or those who are underweight. If someone has not fasted before, they should consider starting with a 1-day fast first to try it out and see is have adverse effects or not. Fasting for longer you should only be carried out after seeking the advice of a medical professional.

Nice information!