• Langtrees.com will start paid advertising on the 12th April this year. (my mothers birthday) Wallet balances will still remain if logged in the last month. Advertisers that have not logged in wallets will be reduced to zero.

DDxoxo

Live, Love & Believe
Legend Member
Today Naomi at work told me about this Kava drink (
her chosen weekend poison as she does not drink alcohol!!)...
She said it relaxes her & helps her sleep like a baby!
It surprizingly has quite a few good qualities.... but how to get some????

DDxoxo

Live, Love & Believe
Legend Member
Above is what I found out about it?
Has anyone else tried this drink?

Rochelle

Forum & Langtrees.com Administrator
Staff member
Legend Member
No, I haven't but it sounds like something I would like to try (like the effect it apparently has on sleep).
So if there is somebody out there who has tried it..........where can you get it from?

Linda

The Wild Child
Legend Member
Today Naomi at work told me about this Kava drink (
her chosen weekend poison as she does not drink alcohol!!)...
She said it relaxes her & helps her sleep like a baby!
It surprizingly has quite a few good qualities.... but how to get some????
never heard of it let me know when u find out i dont drink either

W

wr3xr

Kava is an interesting plant / drink that i've come across it in many south pacific islands and beyond (polynesia and melenesia and even in hawaii) and imho its bad news. The reality is that the majority of islanders (men in particular) are addicted. It just zonks you out. I watched a bloke lay on a jetty in the baking sun for hours, completely unaware of anything.

I've seen first hand that its a massive social issue on some islands.

They mix it up in big drums and share it around in half coconuts etc. Since the mouth is numb and they dribble lots they pass all sorts of diseases too each other.

its illegal in aus, only for meedical or scientific use and certain strains at that but its something that I'd stay away from. Its pretty gross tasting as well

Last edited by a moderator:
R

Reggie

It tastes like dirt and leaves a dull buzz not completely unlike marijuana when you are mellow. I found it gross but I only tried it the once.

JoepGeluk

Bronze Member
Although my roots are from a very liberal city: Amsterdam, with respect to special plants, I think I'll give it a miss too.

Reactions: Dez

DDxoxo

Live, Love & Believe
Legend Member
:hungover:
Well I may try it if I can by it like how I buy coconut water!!

Rochelle

Staff member
Legend Member
Thanks for the information, magoc...........I think I give it a miss too.

hi rochelle how are you
many people asking for you lol
Hi darling Linda I am good............OMG asking for me????????? that is rather scary :eek:

W

wr3xr

Sure Ms Sue, I can see the benefits of kava but I've witnessed different strains doing different things.

Tanna and Tonga have real potent strains and sure to a passing yachtie or tourist its a buzz for the arvo but for the locals its a serious social issue. Many dont realise but first hand experience tells me it is.

Buai (Betel nut) is also another plant based stimulant anti depressant type plant that is very common in the south pacific and especially in Papua New Guinea. A once a week thing becomes daily and 2 years later the locals have ruined their teeth and gums. I spoke to a local tribesmen in a remote village in PNG and he was telling me about the problems it causes.

I guess its like dope. Bit here and there is ok. Use it to much, become addicted and its a big problem

johnlou

5 Star General
Foundation Member
i have noticed that a few cooking shows , the chefs use kava as ingredients to recipes

Linda

The Wild Child
Legend Member
What those crazzy cooks trying to make us loopey or something

scarlett lee

Gold Member
No, I haven't but it sounds like something I would like to try (like the effect it apparently has on sleep).
So if there is somebody out there who has tried it..........where can you get it from?
Have tried it when I was in Fiji but I'm not 100% sure if you can buy it here ( even though tourists are allowed to bring a certain amount back with them). If it is available here at all I guess somewhere like Happy High Herbs would be the best place to look.

W

wr3xr

It's not allowed to be bought into Australia at all commercially. Nor is it allowed to be sold commercially.

18+ tourists are allowed to bring in 2kgs but has to be declared of course. I've seen it for sale in departure lounges in the South Pacific but its just usually the simple stuff

Rochelle

Staff member
Legend Member
Did you like it, Scarlett? Would you think it is worth a try?