What is a TAG and should we use them

Aaron

Canberra
Diamond Member
Tags
To help organise your forum, users may add tags to their content. These tags become links, allowing topics that discuss similar things to be grouped and searched.

Tag manager
The tag manager lists all the tags that have been applied to content within your forum, describing the number of items that have been tagged with each tag and the date the tag was most recently applied.

From here, you may click to view all content tagged with a particular tag, or you may merge tags if you decide that they are essentially the same thing.

You may also delete tags from the manager.

Aaron

Canberra
Diamond Member
So I added those Tags to the Top of this Thread and I can see now you do not need a Hastag. You can simply Search For a Tag, or Click the Tag directly and it will link Every Post associated with That Tag

T

Tania Admin

If we have an event in Darwin, example V8 SuperCars, I will put V8 SuperCars, Hidden Valley, things to do in Darwin etc as some of my tags. I was under the impression these may help my posts come up in a Google search, which leads to the Forum, which leads to Langtrees VIP. Is this correct?

Farm Boy 2

Legend Member
No Idea what you are on about Aaron just tried to make a new thread and got Oops we have a problem need two Tags (WTF) Ms Langtrees tex me and said put commas in , like in were ???.

As far as I am concerned TAGS are little bits of plastic that go in a sheep's Ear tag.jpg

Penny S

A Rose by any other name 🌹
Staff member
Legend Member
No Idea what you are on about Aaron just tried to make a new thread and got Oops we have a problem need two Tags (WTF) Ms Langtrees tex me and said put commas in , like in were ???.

As far as I am concerned TAGS are little bits of plastic that go in a sheep's Ear View attachment 72173
Hi Farm Boy 2 hope you don't mind me I agree tags are a small part but they play a huge role for SEO please feel free to check out the importance of tag

Farm Boy 2

Legend Member
Still dont get it were in the title of the thread I have created do i put this tag ? and what is it @#$% "or &

Penny S

A Rose by any other name 🌹
Staff member
Legend Member
Ok let me make it simple suppose you create a thread with a title "How to Kiss a Girl perfectly at First Meeting"
Now it wont be recognize by the Search engines algorithms and for that you would need to put relevant tag like say you can put How to Kiss a girl, Perfect kiss at first meeting, First kiss, and some other tags which you think user normally search on search engines. Hope it helps

Farm Boy 2

Legend Member
I was Trying to make a new Thread about the Unwritten rules or conventions the seem to exist between a Sex worker and her customer , in the past
I have created many new threads some good and some crap however this now is just too hard .
Someone else will have to do it , I cant get started ,