• Langtrees.com will start paid advertising on the 12th April this year. (my mothers birthday) Wallet balances will still remain if logged in the last month. Advertisers that have not logged in wallets will be reduced to zero.

What happens if you drink too much water? Must read.

Sally Sexting

Sexting Queen - Fun & Flirty
Legend Member
Are you aware that too much drinking water is injurious to health? It causes water poisoning.
We all know that drinking water is good for health. But no one ever said or shared that too much drinking causes water poisoning
I was shocked to know this that if you drink too much water it leads to Water intoxication All the cells and organs in your body need water to function properly. However, excessive water consumption can lead to water intoxication. Dangers of too much water.

svengali

Foundation Member
There were a couple of deaths on the Kokoda track caused by hyponatremia and a team of Doctors checking walkers found many had been overdoing the hydration. Part of this was because of the advice to "drink plenty of water" which was, perhaps taken a bit too far.

Sally Sexting

Sexting Queen - Fun & Flirty
Legend Member
There were a couple of deaths on the Kokoda track caused by hyponatremia and a team of Doctors checking walkers found many had been overdoing the hydration. Part of this was because of the advice to "drink plenty of water" which was, perhaps taken a bit too far.
Actually, I have often heard drink plenty of water so that you do not fall sick and even the Doctors say the same.

CraftyBear

Silver Member
Years ago I was at a nightclub and a lady collapsed. She was under the influence of ecstasy and was drinking way to much water. Spoke to one of her friends the following night and it turned out she had Water Intoxication.
I've heard that exact same story from Paramedic friends Tania. From memory they recommend 2 litres of water a day but that will also depend up whether you are mobile or exercising. We also get water from the food we eat.

countrypunter

Silver Member
I've done Kokoda a couple of times and seen the memorials to those people that died. Too much water was what killed them. Both fit, healthy people. One woman, one man both aged in 30's from memory.
In that situation....with heat and high humidity the more water you drink, the more you sweat and piss. And then flush the salt out of your system.
Using things like hydralite and monitoring water intact and checking piss colour is very important.
On average on the Kokoda track most people should drink around 3L of water a day.

Lia Luca

Silver Member
Are you aware that too much drinking water is injurious to health? It causes water poisoning.
We all know that drinking water is good for health. But no one ever said or shared that too much drinking causes water poisoning
I was shocked to know this that if you drink too much water it leads to Water intoxication All the cells and organs in your body need water to function properly. However, excessive water consumption can lead to water intoxication. Dangers of too much water.

Less then a litter per hour is fine ;) I heard that.