• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

Well Done Too WestCoast

Status
Not open for further replies.

waxenboy

Foundation Member
Well done to the westcoast eagles for there win.One of the best grand finals i have watched.It will go down as another classic grand final.:hello:

SensualScott

Foundation Member
Well done to the westcoast eagles for there win.One of the best grand finals i have watched.It will go down as another classic grand final.:hello:

hehehehe...your obviously an Eagles fan ;D
Mate Sydney kicked like girls in the first half, played very poorly. This morning I'm still finding it hard that they only lost by one point. Its just sad for Sydney that they picked the Grand Final Day to bad so play in the first half. But good luck to West Coast...but it was Sydney that lost the game.
Also, it must be said that in 2006...the Eagles won the Grand Final, but failed to beat the Dockers all year in 3 games.
Strange year of football !!!!

C

champions

Mate Sydney kicked like girls in the first half, played very poorly. This morning I'm still finding it hard that they only lost by one point. Its just sad for Sydney that they picked the Grand Final Day to bad so play in the first half. But good luck to West Coast...but it was Sydney that lost the game.
Also, it must be said that in 2006...the Eagles won the Grand Final, but failed to beat the Dockers all year in 3 games.

In 3 Games LOL????? ummm Eagles only played them twice. Gee these Docker supporters are bad eh.

princesssuzie

Foundation Member
I think some people just don't know how to lose graciously!!

Thank God I didn't put truck loads of money on the swans...mmm...what a waste of money that would have been.

Did you notice the Sydney players crouching on the ground crying after they lost. What girls!!

GO THE EAGLES!!

SensualScott

Foundation Member
In 3 Games LOL????? ummm Eagles only played them twice. Gee these Docker supporters are bad eh.

You don't follow football that closely do you ???
Dockers beat them 3 out of 3 times this year.
Once in the Pre-Season and twice in the AFL Comp...
1 + 2 = 3 when I went to school lol
Bye the way, I don't support the Eagles or the Dockers.
I'm not a one eyed Eagle or Docker !!!
One on one in 2006...plain n simple...the Dockers were clearly the better team of the two in 2006. 3 out of 3 and in the last Derby, which I kept hearing from the Eagles fans is the one that counted, the Dockers beat them with ease. So like it or not all you Eagles fans, the Dockers were too good for you in 2006.

SensualScott

Foundation Member
I think some people just don't know how to lose graciously!!

Thank God I didn't put truck loads of money on the swans...mmm...what a waste of money that would have been.

Did you notice the Sydney players crouching on the ground crying after they lost. What girls!!

GO THE EAGLES!!

Hahahahahaha...you got a short memory :)
Little Benny Cousins balled his eyes out last year when they Eagles lost. Is he a GIRL ???...and he wasn't the only one.
And the year before that Mick Malthouse balled his eyes out when Collingwood lost, and he won two flags coaching the Eagles. Is he also a GIRL ??? Its called passion !!!

C

champions

You don't follow football that closely do you ???
Dockers beat them 3 out of 3 times this year.
Once in the Pre-Season and twice in the AFL Comp...
1 + 2 = 3 when I went to school lol
Bye the way, I don't support the Eagles or the Dockers.
I'm not a one eyed Eagle or Docker !!!
One on one in 2006...plain n simple...the Dockers were clearly the better team of the two in 2006. 3 out of 3 and in the last Derby, which I kept hearing from the Eagles fans is the one that counted, the Dockers beat them with ease. So like it or not all you Eagles fans, the Dockers were too good for you in 2006.

Yes thanks for refreshing my memory, I didnt think about the pre season. Yes what you say re Dockers is true. Shame they could beat Sydney and make it into the Grand Final lol.

Eagles are Premiers and to us and we guess many others here thats a bigger victory. Also a WA Team won it and to us that GOLD :)

waxenboy

Foundation Member

Im a loyal dockers memeber.I was going for sydney but the eagles just palyed too well and sydney left there run too late.

SensualScott

Foundation Member
Yes thanks for refreshing my memory, I didnt think about the pre season. Yes what you say re Dockers is true. Shame they could beat Sydney and make it into the Grand Final lol.

Eagles are Premiers and to us and we guess many others here thats a bigger victory. Also a WA Team won it and to us that GOLD :)

Yes I never thought of that, WA teams don't win too much
so I guess it would seem like GOLD when they finally win something :)

C

champions

Yes I never thought of that, WA teams don't win too much
so I guess it would seem like GOLD when they finally win something :)

The Eagles have won 3 Premierships and only been in the AFL for 20 years, not too shabby lol. Cant think of many Melbourne clubs that have won 3 in the past 20 years.

M

Mark666

Sydney were fuckin robbed

Freo still rool the Wet Toast

here's some titbits......pardon the punk!

VFL/AFL Records
Highest score
Geelong - 37.17 (239) vs. Brisbane Bears
Carrara Oval, May 3, 1992.
Highest winning margin
Fitzroy - 190 points
Waverley Park, July 28, 1979.
Highest aggregate score
52.33 (345) - Melbourne 21.15 (141) vs St Kilda 31.18 (204)
MCG, May 6, 1978
Highest score in one quarter
South Melbourne - 17.4 (106) vs. St Kilda
Lake Oval, July 26, 1919
Largest crowd
Carlton v Collingwood - 121,696
MCG, September 26, 1970 (Grand Final)
Largest Home & Away Season crowd
Melbourne v Collingwood - 99,346
MCG, 1958
Largest crowd for a game between a Victorian and non-Victorian club
Adelaide Crows v St Kilda Saints - 99,645
MCG, September 27, 1997 (Grand Final)
Largest crowd for a game between non-Victorian clubs
West Coast Eagles v Sydney Swans - 97,431
MCG, September 30, 2006 (Grand Final)
Largest International crowd
Melbourne v Sydney - 32,789
B.C. Place, Vancouver, Canada, 1987
Most premierships
Carlton 16, most recent 1995, Essendon 16, most recent 2000
Most wooden spoons (last position at the end of the Home and Away Season)
St Kilda - 26, most recent 2000
Most consecutive premierships
Collingwood - 4
1927-1930
Most games won in a season
Essendon - 24 (incl. finals)
Most consecutive wins
Geelong - 23
1952-1953
Most consecutive games unbeaten
Geelong - 26
1952-1953
Most consecutive losses
University - 51 (1911-1914)
Most games played in a career
Michael Tuck (Hawthorn) - 426 games
Most games as club captain
Stephen Kernahan (Carlton) - 226 games
Most goals in a career
Tony Lockett (St Kilda/Sydney) - 1,360 goals
Most goals in a game
Fred Fanning (Melbourne) - 18 goals
Most goals in a season
Bob Pratt (South Melbourne, 1934) and Peter Hudson (Hawthorn, 1971) - 150 goals
Most consecutive matches
Jim Stynes (Melbourne) - 244
Most consecutive matches from debut
Jared Crouch (Sydney) - 194 (Ended Rd 13, 2006 due to unknown injury)
Tallest player
Aaron Sandilands (Fremantle), Peter Street (Western Bulldogs) - 211cm
Shortest player
Danny Craven (St Kilda/Brisbane) - 162cm
Heaviest player
Aaron Sandilands (Fremantle) - 124kg
Longest kick
Albert Thurgood (Essendon) - 98.48m (109 yards, 1 foot, 3.2 inches)

A

Alexis

hmmm do freo really rule West Coast??? NOT!!!
You may have forgotten that we are actually
THE 2006 PREMIERS..... as for Freo, where did they finish up!!
Please, some freo supporters are bitter

M

Mark666

Wateva

and If You Want To Last On This Forum Mark, I Suggest You Find A Better Way Of Speaking To People, Because how You Just Did Will Get You Off This Forum Quicker Than What It Took For The Eagles To Win The Grand Final!!!!

Capito!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Alexis

Mark

Seeing as though you know your facts (or you say you do)... I'm guessing you may have played football - a possible WCE REJECT???
:tearyeyed - thanks for the PM I'm so sure you'll go FAR xx

M

Mark666

Dear Cyber Surferosas,

I have starting taking CAMPRAL today as a treatment for my Alcohol addiction.

It's made cigarettes taste disgusting. Does anyone know if this is normal?

This is a genuine post - not a joke.

The effect of alcohol and acamprosate ("Campral¨) on the brain

Short-term exposure to alcohol increases the actions of GABA on the GABA receptors and decreases those of excitatory amino acids such as glutamate on NMDA receptors. The result is that the electrical impulses triggered in the neurones are reduced, and activity in the brain and the nerves is depressed. With long term exposure, the body adapts by decreasing the activity of the GABA-ergic system and increasing the activity of the glutamate system.

When alcohol intake ceases, the depressant effect disappears, however, the neurones remain hyperexcitable. It takes many months for the brain to readapt and during this time alcohol withdrawal symptoms are experienced. Acamprosate acts to restore the GABA-ergic and glutamate neurone activity to 'normal' levels.

Acamprosate does not act like disulfram (antabuse), it does not block the rewarding effects of alcohol (like naltrexone), it is not a substitute for alcohol (like a tranquilliser or methadone in the case of heroin dependence ), nor does it alter the effects of alcohol.

Physical symptoms: Acamprosate can protect against the CNS effects induced by alcohol withdrawal, such as shaking, cerebellar tremors, nervous twitches, and convulsions. Acamprosate has no effects on the cardiovascular, haemodynamic, respiratory, gastrointestinal or renal systems.

Absorption: After a single dose the maximum concentration is reached in 5 hours. At recommended dose (two 333mg tabs three times per day) steady state (or blood concentration levels) is reached at the end of 7 days. After this is achieved, the half life of Campral is 20.8 hours. Acamprosate is mainly eliminated unchanged in the urine, it is not metabolised.

FAQS

When should I start taking Campral? It's recommended that patients should stop drinking for between 2-7 days before commencing treatment.

How long do the tablets take to work? Steady blood concentrations are reached after 7 days.

What are the side effects? Diarrhoea is the most common, followed by nausea, stomach pains, and an allergic skin reaction. Most side effects remit after a few weeks of treatment.

What will I feel taking these tablets? Unless you experience any of the side effects, you may not notice anything. Campral will not make you feel 'high' or sedated.

Will I have any cravings while taking Campral? Yes, Campral is not a magic tablet. It will help take the edge off the cravings and support your hard work in achieving abstinence.

What happens if I drink whilst taking Campral? Nothing. Campral does not alter the effects of alcohol. It is important to keep taking Campral even on days when you have had a drink. As Campral is quickly eliminated by the body, all doses (two tablets three times a day) need to be taken to maintain optimal blood concentration levels.

Is Campral addictive? You can stop taking Campral at any time without feeling symptoms of withdrawal from Campral. It is not habit forming.

What if I miss a dose? If you miss a dose, do not take extra tablets to make up for it. Take the next dose at the usual time.

Do I have to take Campral with food? It is best to take Campral with food, as this can help any stomach upset that you might experience.

Can I take other medications if needed? There are no known interactions with other medications. If necessary, Campral can be used with antidepressants, tranquillisers or disulfram. Taking Campral will not interfere with medication taken for long term illness such as diabetes, high blood pressure or peptic ulcers.

Do I have to take Campral for the rest of my life? No, the standard course of treatment is 6 months.

M

Mary Anne PA

sorry, I have deleted his second post which was a copy of your private message to him and as far as I have seen so far, he has not problem with just being quite rude to people, so best to get off before it goes too far..
apologies for it happening!!

M

Mark666

I would like to apollogise for my temerity.

I was a star footballer but alas I was cut down in my prime by by problems pertaining to lack of committment and substance abuse.

I still think Freo are the masters on Western Australia footy.

C

champions

Who really gives a RATS if you think Sydney were Robbed or not we dont lol.

As for your HUGE TAKE LINE we are not interested. :headbang:

To those reading this read Mark's profile under describe yourself.

M

Mary Anne PA

Who really gives a RATS if you think Sydney were Robbed or not we dont lol.

As for your HUGE TAKE LINE we are not interested. :headbang:

To those reading this read Mark's profile under describe yourself.

I have already had a discussion with Mark and all is good with the world. Mark came in with both barrels firing but understands now how our forum works and has decided to stay with us following the correct rules etc. Remember there are all walks of life and first must come understanding even if we feel things are wrong.
Then if that doesn't work we have other options.
mark is doing his best now to impart his thoughts etc, let's give him a chance till he proves us wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.