• Langtrees.com will start paid advertising on the 12th April this year. (my mothers birthday) Wallet balances will still remain if logged in the last month. Advertisers that have not logged in wallets will be reduced to zero.

We want your help Bush Fire Recovery Fund for Jason Todd Donate $5 PLZ

Harlots_Bec

Harlots Mackay
Legend Member
Hi all,

We have set up a campaign with GoFundMe. Please donate if you can as every little bit counts. Its not the amount but the thought that matters most ❤

Let's all pull together and help out one of own x

Here is @Jason Todd 's story:

"My wife & I lost our house & everything we own in the bushfires that hit the far south coast of NSW over NYE to the 4th of January. It's been a pretty hard time for us both.

On the evening of Saturday the 4th I received a phone call from the police. “The fire got close to the house but it survived.” We were so elated. The next day we drove back home & what we saw, nothing could have prepared us for. The police had got it wrong. They had called the wrong person about the surviving house because there was quite obviously nothing left of where we had once lived. Everything was gone. Devastated, we walked around the blackened property, the garage that housed my 1977 C3 Corvette, collapsed, the Corvette was a burnt out shell, the chickens we all dead. Through what was left of the window to our bedroom you could see, nothing but ash. The fire was so hot that it melted the 22000 litre water tank too nothing but a puddle of plastic on the ground, and it was filled with water.

Fast forward to today, we sit in a small 3 room (not 3 bedroom, actually 3 rooms) cottage with 2 dogs and 3 cats, having spent weeks remembering the small things we’ve lost that meant so much, photos, gifts from grandparents, just the smallest things reducing us to a blubbering mess, my wife made me a chess board for my 35th birthday last year, I was a total inconsolable mess for hours after I remembered that.

Every day is difficult as we try to figure out what we do next. But we keep having people offering us help. Unfortunately, there isn’t much that can be done right now, we just wait for the insurance to say something, that way we might be able to move forward."

Donate Here open this link

Bush Fire.jpg
LoungeDining Room.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
Jason is a forum member been so for about 5 years, we meet when he replied to my Happy New Year post, and as i had been seeking a one off fire victim cause i asked if we could do this, it made him very emotional. He has supplied full name and address details to me and I will wait for jason to join in and add the story to here, but I will put up a link to where he started it earlier this week whilst we were checking him ou. I feel he is a true blue aussie and we can all step up with $5-$20 to donate as making a difference counts.We have to wait till tuesday for langtrees VIP Perth to make there donation as Kate get the netcode not me, we will start with $250, but we will do weekly donations and add the booze fund to this cause or part of it over the next few weeks.

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
This is the link to donate plz take time for a $5-$20 donation, it is the first time the forum has come together this way and it will be as good for us as it is for jason and his family.

Donate here Open this Link $5 goes a long way

Last edited:

countrypunter

Silver Member
Hi everyone. I'm a new member just joined. I'm from NSW and have seen first hand the devastation fires cause. Done 3 deployments with the RFS to areas 100s of kms from my place.
Seeing the way people chip in to help those affected by the fires makes me feel proud to be an Aussie.
End of next week I'm going over to Kangaroo Island in SA to help a few people who have been burnt out. The scale of these fires this year is mind boggling.
Got 1 night in Adelaide. Hopefully I can meet someone there for a bit of fun🤞🏻😍

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
Hi everyone. I'm a new member just joined. I'm from NSW and have seen first hand the devastation fires cause. Done 3 deployments with the RFS to areas 100s of kms from my place.
Seeing the way people chip in to help those affected by the fires makes me feel proud to be an Aussie.
End of next week I'm going over to Kangaroo Island in SA to help a few people who have been burnt out. The scale of these fires this year is mind boggling.
Got 1 night in Adelaide. Hopefully I can meet someone there for a bit of fun🤞🏻😍
Great post welcome to the forum you are the sort of member we love...

Jason Todd

Silver Member
Thanks again to everyone who has been kind enough to offer their thoughts & donations.

A small update, we are still in the emergency accommodation, 6 weeks now. We needed to go buy an actual mattress because as good as a euro bed is, after 6 weeks I feel like I've aged 20 years, my back is in pain & to top it off we were both struck down with tonsillitis, on the 14th of Feb... our 5th wedding anniversary. So that isnt fun

Anna LD

Bong Beauty ll LT Digital Team
Legend Member
Thanks again to everyone who has been kind enough to offer their thoughts & donations.

A small update, we are still in the emergency accommodation, 6 weeks now. We needed to go buy an actual mattress because as good as a euro bed is, after 6 weeks I feel like I've aged 20 years, my back is in pain & to top it off we were both struck down with tonsillitis, on the 14th of Feb... our 5th wedding anniversary. So that isnt fun
you will get the help babe xx

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
I havent seen this thread for ages. Shannon update me did we raise anything did you see that Jason did get all the money, sorry I got sidetracked Jason hope things are starting to work your way even in these times.

ProfD

Gold Member
Best wishes for an early insurance pay-out, and an end to this lock down. I'm glad your lives were spared, where your house and effects were not. A brighter future awaits.