• Langtrees.com will start paid advertising on the 12th April this year. (my mothers birthday) Wallet balances will still remain if logged in the last month. Advertisers that have not logged in wallets will be reduced to zero.

Wake up call...

C

coupledrewshelly

Hey all, I just had a serious wakeup call. My wife of 7 and a bit years has left me. But thats not the worst part, turns out she was having an affair/s prior to the split and guess what? Yep thats right, no protection! So thanks very much for that cause now I'm at risk too. Grrrr anyway, off to the doc I go. Blood test, urine test. Wait...... Ok Urine test is clear. None of the "normal nasties". First Blood test. Clear but you have to have 2 more to be sure. Also noted that I wasn't vaccinated against Hep A and B. So it's needle time. Course of 4 injections. $75 bucks a pop, not covered by PBS. But is covered through my private health insurance so I'll get something back.

Moral of the story?

Condoms are my new best friend. Cause you really don't want to go through this. I've still got two more blood tests to be 100% sure and 1 more injection.

So do yourself a favour, always wear a condom.

Cheers,

Drew

M

Minxxy

I really feel for you Drew

I busted my ex cheating on me and I got a lovely gift in the form of chalmydia. Thank goodness that it treatable with a course of antibiotics.

Best of luck with the results. My fingers and toes will be crossed

M

Mary Anne PA

is it treatable completely minxxy - take a look at the natural french thread... there can be complications with chlamydia also, one being sterileness. do your research babe.

M

Minxxy

One course of antibiotics Serena and it was gone... And I have had a number of STD checks since then.

Had a check of a few web sites and they all said the same thing, for example emedicinehealth wrote:

The doctor may prescribe a single-dose antibiotic, such as azithromycin (Zithromax), taken as a pill. On the other hand, the doctor may choose an antibiotic, such as doxycycline (Atridox, Bio-Tab), to be taken as a pill twice a day for a week. Up to 95% of people will be cured after one course of antibiotics.

medicinenet wrote:
Treatment of chlamydia involves antibiotics. A convenient single-dose therapy for chlamydia is 1 gm of azithromycin (Zithromax) by mouth. Alternative treatments are often used, however, because of the high cost of this medication. The most common alternative treatment is a 100 mg oral dose of doxycycline twice per day for 7 days. Unlike gonorrhea, there has been little, if any, resistance of chlamydia to currently used antibiotics. There are many other antibiotics that also have been effective against chlamydia. As with gonorrhea, a condom or other protective barrier prevents the spread of the infection.

T

TemptMe

Chlamydia is a silent disease as it is often asymptomatic. It is estimated that by the age of 30yrs as many as 50% of women may have had some chlamydial infection...Chlamydial infections may be linked to PID, ectopic pregnancies and infertility to name a few, so whilst it is treatable, treatment is made all the more difficult if you do not show symptoms..