• Langtrees.com will start paid advertising on the 12th April this year. (my mothers birthday) Wallet balances will still remain if logged in the last month. Advertisers that have not logged in wallets will be reduced to zero.

Today is White Ribbon Day

Dallas

Legend Member
White Ribbon is Australia’s only national, male led Campaign to end men’s violence against women.

Vision
All women live in safety free from all forms of men's violence.

Mission
Making Women's safety an mans issue too.

Globally, White Ribbon is the world’s largest male-led movement to end men’s violence against women. Originating in Canada in 1991, White Ribbon is now active in more than 60 countries.

In my experience, violence against women is totally under reported. Every women I've ever known including my mother and sister have been physically or sexually abused or both at some point in their lives. None have ever reported it for a variety of reasons. White Ribbon Day, has a lot of work to do in getting the message out there, that violence against women is a huge issue in the world and it's all around us. We aren't excluded from it because we appear to live in a safe and respectable community. Behind every women there is a story. The first step in ending the violence is awareness.

white ribbon.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

homer

Doh!
Legend Member
Yes boys...use no violence to get the points across...a louder voice doesn't mean that person is a winner, it's the opposite. There is no winner in a fight....ZERO. So have a think before one lets anger gets the better of them. Give a toss about your own well being, and resolve conflicts in a humanly possible way that exchange of offensive words or phrases is unnecessary. :kiss: