• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

These Guys are like a bottle of wine

Status
Not open for further replies.

SensualScott

Foundation Member
Their music gets better and better and they age like a bottle of wine. After all these years they still hold the world record for playing to the biggest paying crowd...and still pulling in the crowds after over 20 years with over 63 hit songs in the charts.

Last edited:
M

Mary Anne PA

so who are they? (not being a musical engineer and even knowing the names of my favourite songs)..lol

and is one of them the same person as the pic on your profile image?

SensualScott

Foundation Member
so who are they? (not being a musical engineer and even knowing the names of my favourite songs)..lol

and is one of them the same person as the pic on your profile image?

Who are they? hahahahaha...thats a typical comment in Australia:)
Which is sad, but they haven't toured Australia since 1984.
Believe it or not, but their very first concert as a band back in 1983 or 1984 was in Perth. Yes, that is the singer also on my profile. I guess most girls would know him as my ex-girlfriend
said when she first saw him a few years ago, "He is the most stunning and hotest singer alive today".
For those who don't know...it is Morten Harket and the band is...
a-ha ...most in Australia would think their one hit wonders with that No1 Pop song of the 80's Take On Me. But they have had over 63 hit songs in the charts in UK, USA, Japan, Europe etc...
You can view their website at www.a-ha.com
I have seen alot of bands live and this band is the best ever I have seen...Awesome!!! When most bands get worst with age, they get better. Their new album Analogue came out earlier in the year. If your a fan of Coldplay, you will LOVE a-ha.
Go take a look at their website...you will be very surprised by their success over the years. The 3 members of the band also have their own solo careers...their 3 very talented guys.

Last edited:
S

sexiness

yep I remember them...I must admit I don't follow their music these days...time changes one's perspective...I prefer The Cure:headbang:

SensualScott

Foundation Member
yep I remember them...I must admit I don't follow their music these days...time changes one's perspective...I prefer The Cure:headbang:

Yeah I use to like The Cure way back in the 80's like a-ha...
but their new music just doesnt grab me. But I still haven't worked out if the lead singer is a man or female ??? ;D
Semi Drag Queen maybe? ::)
But a-ha have matured into amazing songwriters!

S

sexiness

But I still haven't worked out if the lead singer is a man or female ??? ;D
Semi Drag Queen maybe? ::)

I don't have any doubts he's male, not sure if you've noticed, he hasn't changed, he's always worn make up and still does and from memory most goths wear it, despite gender...I think guys look HOT!!!! in make-up :-X

I thought a-ha had a gay appearance themselves, like so many from that time

But a-ha have matured into amazing songwriters!

Interesting parallels to The Cure
;D

SensualScott

Foundation Member
I don't have any doubts he's male, not sure if you've noticed, he hasn't changed, he's always worn make up and still does and from memory most goths wear it, despite gender...I think guys look HOT!!!! in make-up :-X

I thought a-ha had a gay appearance themselves, like so many from that time

Interesting parallels to The Cure
;D

Yeah I heard in recent interviews in the UK with a-ha, they keep raising the fact that they thought Morten (lead singer) was gay way back then. He always has a good laugh about that one. Hey just because he is a stunning handsome guy doesn't mean he is gay :) Like my friends think I'm gay for liking a-ha :)
I just love their music and listening to the best male singer in the world. He does hold the record for holding the highest note, which he held in 'Summer Moved On'...which was a Number 1 smash hit in Europe in 2001. He has an amazing strong voice for a 46yo and still looks and sounds great.

S

sexiness

Yeah I take it didn't go off too well since they haven't been back since. A-ha are still pulling in crowds of 150,000 overseas, which is pretty dame good for an old band like them.

Thats because they have retired..they have come to a point in their career where music isn't something they choose to pursue full time, they still play when they want to...oh this arguement could go on and on

I accept that a-ha has been a successful band but they aren't the only fantastic band in the world...and I don't tend to judge someone as gay because they follow their favourite band..

Happy a-ha listening
and I just go dance to The Cure to the sounds of "Disintegration"

S

sexiness

My response got all stuffed up
Yeah I heard in recent interviews in the UK with a-ha, they keep raising the fact that they thought Morten (lead singer) was gay way back then. He always has a good laugh about that one. Hey just because he is a stunning handsome guy doesn't mean he is gay :) Like my friends think I'm gay for liking a-ha :)

Its funny you point this out, considering you questioned Robert Smith's gender

Its true about most bands from that time, they have a real gay look, its just what the eighties accepted as cool...they say this about Robbie Williams...but really it doesn't matter their sexual preference, so long as they keep pumping out those great records.

SensualScott

Foundation Member
Thats because they have retired..they have come to a point in their career where music isn't something they choose to pursue full time, they still play when they want to...oh this arguement could go on and on

I accept that a-ha has been a successful band but they aren't the only fantastic band in the world...and I don't tend to judge someone as gay because they follow their favourite band..

Happy a-ha listening
and I just go dance to The Cure to the sounds of "Disintegration"

The Cure are doing what a-ha did a few years ago...their bringing out a new album in October...but its just a collection of their old songs. Arguement ? No...I never argue, I love talking with people of their love for music. I use to love The Cure, but that was but in the 80's and the main reason I don't listen to their new work is because they haven't changed their sound or tried to go with the times. Most of their songs sound all the same, but that is because of Robert's voice...not much he can do about it. But their still around alive and well.
Many bands don't retire sexiness...they just take a break...The Cure will be back don't worry about that.
a-ha took a 7 year break between 1993 and 2000, they all needed a break and were very tired with all of it. The 3 members went their own ways and made their own solo careers which were very successful. The reason they got back together as a-ha is because they still believe that they haven't made their best work yet.
On their new album they had written about 40 songs to choose from, so their passion for writing songs hasn't changed. If you listen to Analogue and Cosy Prisons, you will see that they have mature into a great band...Analogue made it into the Top 10 in the UK a few months ago. If the radio stations played it in Australia it would be a smash hit here, its such a great catchy song. But sadly the teeny boppers control the charts and most stations only play charted music. a-ha are currently working on another new album while touring Europe playing live concerts.

SensualScott

Foundation Member
My response got all stuffed up

Its funny you point this out, considering you questioned Robert Smith's gender

Its true about most bands from that time, they have a real gay look, its just what the eighties accepted as cool...they say this about Robbie Williams...but really it doesn't matter their sexual preference, so long as they keep pumping out those great records.

Thats amazing you should mention Robbie Williams, coz a few years ago Robbie came out and said that he wanted to meet Morten and said that he was his favourite singer. He must have a crush on him :) Here is a few pics to prove it. The female is of cuz the great Sissel who has no doubt the most stunning female voice in the world. She is voice of the Titanic and Lord of the Rings.
But her own work is just so beautiful. If you haven't heard her your missing out big time...shes so gorgeous!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.