• Langtrees.com will start paid advertising on the 12th April this year. (my mothers birthday) Wallet balances will still remain if logged in the last month. Advertisers that have not logged in wallets will be reduced to zero.

There are no ugly women in the world, just lazy ones!

DDxoxo

Live, Love & Believe
Legend Member
Never a truer statement has been made, because if you work on yourself, everyone can be beautiful!!
even the most beautiful can look yukky when they don't try!

BEAUTY TREATS & FUN BITS

After meeting our very lovely in-house Beautician Natasha,
I decided to become a guinea pig & try all the services she is offering -
to see how this little fireball of a lady's services held up to the other Beauticians' services I have used over the years
(& I will freely admit there have been a few!)

So last week, I got my waxing done....
1. did my eyebrows, also my upper lip and a little under my chin...
the wax was not too hot & came off easily & I was happy I lost my mustache!
Next time I will also do my underarms & Brazillian!!

2. Also decided to get some fake eyelashes put on...
Let me tell you this lady has a very steady hand.. and she is quick & fast...
its not one row of glued eyelashes - they come one by one...
One feedback I got from someone (no names to protect the innocent!)
who had it done was she found it uncomfortable & it gave her an allergy!
But I did see that JACQUI had it done, & she looked really nice.

It does get uncomfortable especially if you are not use to having long eyelashes...
I am use to it now after 4 days & am feeling quite pretty...

This week - Dry Sauna!

Last edited:

DDxoxo

Live, Love & Believe
Legend Member
This week, I got naked & had lie under & inside the Dry Sauna "Dome-thingy"
I was in for 30 minutes - 30 hot (but not horny!) & sweaty minutes...
I came out quite wet, went for a warm shower (I don't do cold showers)
and felt very light headed...
Later,I felt invigorated & now have decided to take a course of sessions to receive all the benefits of this treatment!

What a Dry Sauna Is?

A dry sauna is similar to the Swedish dry-heat bath. A dry sauna is an enclosed area where raised temperatures (around 200 degrees F) cause increased levels of sweating. Dry saunas are only used for a few minutes at a time, and are often followed by cold showers or baths. Dry saunas are different from Finnish saunas that use steam to create the sweating effect. The use of dry saunas can have positive effects on the body.

Benefits of a Dry Sauna

Detoxifying Benefits
Dry saunas induce profuse sweating, which helps the body rid itself of toxins. Toxins like nicotine and alcohol can be removed by profuse sweating.

Cancer-Causing Agents
Heavy metals like lead, nickel and cadmium are cancer-causing agents. Dry sauna-induced sweat helps remove heavy metals from the body.

Burning Calories
Sweating increases heart rate. The increased heart rate, combined with the increased body temperature, helps increase metabolism and in turn also increases calories burned by the body.

Cardiovascular Health
The increased heart rate that results from using a dry sauna also helps create cardiovascular health. Using dry saunas increases heart rate and helps drop diastolic blood pressure, making for a healthier heart.

Fighting Bacteria
According to French virologist Dr. Andre Lwoff, high body temperatures help the body fight off viruses and disease. Dry saunas help raise body temperature to create an environment that destroys bacteria while increasing leukocyte levels and boosting the immune system.

Just found this information on goggle...
have any of you enjoyed this ? or know about this Dry Sauna business?

L

Langtrees VIP 6

Thank you so much DD for the fantastic write up. Looking forward to your next sauna session with us crazy girls here at the best beauty salon in Perth. . Yeewww! Party up xx

Rochelle

Forum & Langtrees.com Administrator
Staff member
Legend Member
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder........when it comes to girls. I agree...... there are some things we can do to enhance our natural beauty. LOL when it comes to guys there is only an amazing amount of sometimes misplaced self-esteem........like "I am sexy and I know it"....mmmmmmm more fitting would be "I think I am sexy and others just can't see it"........enough I am just kidding but in general I think beauty comes from within..........

R.xxxxxxxxx

Happy2

Legend Member
[COLOR="#800080....mmmmmmm more fitting would be "I think I am sexy and others just can't see it"........enough I am just kidding but in general I think beauty comes from within..........[/I][/COLOR]

R.xxxxxxxxx

What was the old pick up line when the fella tells the girl "Heres some money go buy yourself some drinks ,and come back and see me when I'm handsome"

G

Gentleman

What was the old pick up line when the fella tells the girl "Heres some money go buy yourself some drinks ,and come back and see me when I'm handsome"

Another thing I have seen on bumper stickers is "Beer, helping ugly people have sex since 1865"

C

Contrarian

I have to disagree about part of the comment - there are no such things as ugly women - just lazy ones.

First of all who are we to say who's ugly and not? But more importantly DDxoxo, not everyone has the time and money to afford the treatment you describe? I know single mothers who struggle and live from pay day to pay day. I know pensioners who can't afford to get their pets healed at vets.

All the best DDxoxo - enjoy your new found beauty. But surely you've got to agree you weren't ugly or lazy before this treatment came along?

A

Alecia the Foxx

I completely and totally agree with Contrarian. I think all women are beautiful, and some women prefer to expend their time,energy and money elsewhere rather than on "beauty work." This is not to put Beautician down, I know I always feel fabulous and spunky after having my hair done at a hair dressers, or having a beauty treatment. But sometimes the focus just shouldn't be on meeting the standards of appearance that, let's face it, are set by society. Those women who don't meet those standards, for whatever reason, should not be branded ugly, or lazy.

W

WRXXXR

Call Me shallow (or the only honest guy) but some women (and men) are simply ugly... I bet very few blokes on here would admit to finding someone like Helen Clark attractive!

helen-clarke.jpg

camillahairpa280405-350x450.jpg

And any bloke who dates #2 is most definitely interested in things other than her looks...

#2 was supposed to be Gina rinehart, who can absolutely afford to buy every single item of make up in existence. Instead it's CMP, who also happens to be ugly

Rochelle

Staff member
Legend Member
Call Me shallow (or the only honest guy) but some women (and men) are simply ugly... I bet very few blokes on here would admit to finding someone like Helen Clark attractive!

Babe..........our Helen likes girls........so why would she care if blokes find her attractive or not?

R.xxxxxxxx

A

Alecia the Foxx

Aah sorry Rochelle ... Helen Clark does NOT like girls, as in, she is not a lesbian, she is very happily married to a man. And WXXXR - I am sure that her husband would disagree with you.

Happy2

Legend Member
And most blokes can be thankful there are women with very poor taste or the film 40year virgin wouldn't have been a comedy but a documentary

I am still thankful for my wifes poor eyesight and weak sense of smell

Rochelle

Staff member
Legend Member
Aah sorry Rochelle ... Helen Clark does NOT like girls, as in, she is not a lesbian, she is very happily married to a man. And WXXXR - I am sure that her husband would disagree with you.

Nothing wrong with it if she would.
I did read an article ages ago in NZ.......not long after she became PM. I know she is married but the article stated that she has a female companion for years. Sorry I can't tell you the source of the article anymore....too long ago.......but somehow it did stick to my memory. Never mind......sexual orientation shouldn't matter regardless.

R.xxxxxx

A

Alecia the Foxx

Nothing wrong with it if she would.
I did read an article ages ago in NZ.......not long after she became PM. I know she is married but the article stated that she has a female companion for years. Sorry I can't tell you the source of the article anymore....too long ago.......but somehow it did stick to my memory. Never mind......sexual orientation shouldn't matter regardless.

R.xxxxxx

Actually, you have twigged my memory now, Rochelle, I think you are right. I don't have a problem with her sexual orientation either, whatever it might be.

As for your comment WCMonger - scared of women who don't conform? You must be easily scared then.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mrs Langtrees

Manager @ Langtrees
Foundation Member
Wrxxx I can see you are judging on looks only, I think Helen Clarke would be a wonderful mother, and grandmother, she has a genuine smile, sure her teeth are crooked, which says she does not have the vanity most of us females have and that can make her inner beauty more beautiful.I know Helen from my late teenage years and she is a good woman which makes her a beautiful woman.

A

Alecia the Foxx

I agree with Maryanne about Helen. I have briefly met her, and she is a really lovely person. With her position in the United Nations she does a lot of work with the poor and needy in the third world.

A few years ago she had a photo shoot for one of the women's mags, where they blow-waved and coloured her hair and dressed her in different clothes, and did her make-up professionally. She looked very stunning. However, she preferred to look like herself, and not some "beautiful" version of someone else.