Tattoos... Regrets, good memories or just great meaning…

Kirra Bell

Little bad girl
Diamond Member
Ok. So as most of you know, I just started getting my forth tattoo. And as many of you ladies have said what's it for or why a rose. I got to thinking about conversations I've had with friends about tattoos they've regretted. I was always raised with the stigma of : " you can tattoo yourself as much as you like when you're 18, but don't get something unless you know you're happy to have it forever. Or if it's of meaning to you. " my parents are tattooed themselves with no regretful ones.
And thanks to that being drilled into me I have four gorgeous tatts I will carry through my life each with a meaning of it's own:
1. Family in Chinese and English on the back of my neck - my first tattoo, to signify that my family has and will always come first.
2. An angel with giant wing sitting on the back of my hip and her wings sweeping up into middle of spine - this was my second tatt, that is very special as it was not only done on my return trip to Northern Ireland but the artist that created her has tattooed most of my parents' tatts. She represents the memory of those I've lost in life. And sits on my back as my guardian angel.
3. 23/01/12 with a butterfly - a memorial for my miscarriage. The butterfly represents the birth of an eternal soul meaning the child will remain with me always. My partner and I have decided to make this into a day of happiness by having our wedding on this date next year. This is on my ankle.
4. Rose - my current work in progress on my thigh. This is a tribute to my younger sister. Red roses signify eternal love. As my sister is still alive this fits. I will be adding her first and middle name underneath along with her date of birth. She doesn't know about it yet I'm going to surprise her.
So I've shared mine. Let's hear some of yours!!

Kirra Bell

Little bad girl
Diamond Member
One tattoo always leads to more ;0
Cant wait for my peacock to be drawn :) number five hear we come
Tell me about it... I've got my fifth planned already but I'm waiting until after the wedding as it's going on my arm... it was so funny cause when I was getting my rose done I just fall asleep and the tattooist was in awe cause my skin is thick, it's hard to get the ink into. He was inking my leg full throttle and I was either napping or playing on my phone.. he's said that I show up everyone he's ever tattooed cause it literally didn't phase me. And now he's said he'll do any tattoo I'm ever wanting for nothing because I'm the easiest person to ink simply because it's not painful to me. It feels like I'm getting an unknown itch scratched, lol. Round two of the rose and sisters name next weekend to make it look more vibrant and fill in any gaps in the ink. It's taken 9 hours so far, but he really puts effort into his work, 20 years experience behind him.

Luxi Summer

Gold Member
Tell me about it... I've got my fifth planned already but I'm waiting until after the wedding as it's going on my arm... it was so funny cause when I was getting my rose done I just fall asleep and the tattooist was in awe cause my skin is thick, it's hard to get the ink into. He was inking my leg full throttle and I was either napping or playing on my phone.. he's said that I show up everyone he's ever tattooed cause it literally didn't phase me. And now he's said he'll do any tattoo I'm ever wanting for nothing because I'm the easiest person to ink simply because it's not painful to me. It feels like I'm getting an unknown itch scratched, lol. Round two of the rose and sisters name next weekend to make it look more vibrant and fill in any gaps in the ink. It's taken 9 hours so far, but he really puts effort into his work, 20 years experience behind him.
lol its funny after writing this post I was looking at tattoos again :)

MzCaTie

Bronze Member
I have 1 tattoo. My son was stillborn in 2011 so it has his name & DOB with an Infant & Pregnancy Loss Ribbon and a butterfly. im getting 2 little butterflies added for 2 miscarriages ive had.

Luxi Summer

Gold Member
I have 1 tattoo. My son was stillborn in 2011 so it has his name & DOB with an Infant & Pregnancy Loss Ribbon and a butterfly. im getting 2 little butterflies added for 2 miscarriages ive had.
That is so nice xxx
Great tattoo and its something you are always going to love and never regret getting done :)

Luxi Summer

Gold Member
I'm booked in for my rose yayyyyyyy

Its to be a cover tattoo of my ex

YES I know I am one of those stories of getting your ex tattoo on you but have to say at least it lasted 10 YRS before I now want it gone.

And yes had to have it on my hip were its going to hurt extra good getting it tattoo over :( great way to remember the plain of moving on and having it gone

D

Dana

Kirra, On the subject of Tattoo's, I have quite a few, Full Sleeves, Hands, Legs, Feet etc.
I Have just Finished Drawing up Two designs for my neck, one is a combination of the Transsexual
Butterfly & T/S Symbol.
For Transsexuals the Butterfly represents our change & emergence from a cocoon
& being born in the wrong physical body, the symbol is similar to the Transgender Symbol, but has a slight difference.
The 2nd Design is an illustration of my Cat a 'Russian Blue' & my zodiac sign's symbol (I'm a Leo).
I am planning a Full Back tattoo, using a drawing I did of 'Medusa' , which is quite striking !