• Langtrees.com will start paid advertising on the 12th April this year. (my mothers birthday) Wallet balances will still remain if logged in the last month. Advertisers that have not logged in wallets will be reduced to zero.

Superfoods

Lord Spikey

I... AM... SPIKEY
Legend Member
Here is a question and some information.

Question: Has anybody heard of, or have experience with a Superfood named "MACA".
It is a Peruvian root from the Andes, apparently.

Information: I bought some of this stuff just over a week ago from my local healthfood shop and have been sprinkling about a teaspoonful on my cereal each morning.
I don't know what is in this, but I feel like I have had six espressos.
A courier driver who one of my workers knows put me onto it. He said he takes it and it put lead back in his pencil. I can't say I have noticed that, but not having a problem in this area I may not.

According to information on the interweb, it is also supposed to be helpful in reducing the symptoms of menopause, as well as helping with male libido.

So, I would be interested in anyone else's experiences. Particular if anyone has had any bad experiences.

I like this stuff, as it helps my mood and I am noticeably more productive at work and enjoying it.

My worry is that it may contain something that I should not be taking, or worse, something that I SHOULD NOT BE TAKING, if you get my meaning.

A

ampmassageboy

had a few maccas in my time but only good for putting inches on to my waistline which is why I'm on a diet now LOL

Frankie

Bronze Member
Seems like a super Ginseng.
Don't take it myself but this link http://www.superfoodliving.com/maca-powder ( which appears to not be from a manufacturer ) includes information about possible side-affects.

I might go looking for it myself (once I get the energy to get off this couch). Catch-22.

Lord Spikey

I... AM... SPIKEY
Legend Member
Seems like a super Ginseng.
Don't take it myself but this link http://www.superfoodliving.com/maca-powder ( which appears to not be from a manufacturer ) includes information about possible side-affects.

I might go looking for it myself (once I get the energy to get off this couch). Catch-22.
Thanks for that, Frankie

So basically, I have finally found that magic pill I have been searching for. Only it's powder, tastes delicious and gives me a brilliant boost that lasts all day.

Shhhhh. Don't tell everyone, o I will no longer be different (Better)

svengali

Foundation Member
My bulls##t-o-meter is going "whoop......whoop" again.

Health food shops are full of "supplements" which are generally useless and occasionally dangerous. For example, "boosting testosterone" may conjure up images of massive erections which never quit but if you are past middle age (like me) they also encourage the growth of prostate cancers which feed on it.

Most people who follow a halfway decent diet, exercise regularly and go easy on the grog don't need any pills.

Lord Spikey

I... AM... SPIKEY
Legend Member
My bulls##t-o-meter is going "whoop......whoop" again.

Health food shops are full of "supplements" which are generally useless and occasionally dangerous. For example, "boosting testosterone" may conjure up images of massive erections which never quit but if you are past middle age (like me) they also encourage the growth of prostate cancers which feed on it.

Most people who follow a halfway decent diet, exercise regularly and go easy on the grog don't need any pills.

Who said I need pills?
I already said that I had not noticed any difference in that area and I do not have a problem there.
I just have more energy and focus.

Isn't that something good?

Trickortreat

Gold Member
Watcha mean go easy on the grog sven? It helps me sleep. But a magic maccas boost for the next day... sounds like a winner

Happy2

Legend Member
Well, H2. I promise not to come and force feed it to your or svengali.
M'Kay?

And I wont put hormones or GMO onto your table via my livestock or crops Even though the men in lab coats say it will produce superfoods and Super people

Deal?

Lord Spikey

I... AM... SPIKEY
Legend Member
OK. No point in me continuing here with this topic.
Looks like I can get on the wrong side of males as easily as I piss of the women.

I just talk about a new "superfood" I have found and two of you call Bull Shit. You haven't even tried it and yet you know it is all crap.

I wish you had told me this BEFORE I tried it. I would not have spent good money on it. However, you came too late. I already know what it does for me and wanted to spread the good news for others to benefit..

So, now how do I feel? Taken down by a pair of knockers.

XLNC

Whatever happened to FREE love?
Legend Member
I have heard of maca but not had it. It does feature in the ingredients of some male supplements, e.g. PHGH:
PHGH-Rx-ingredients-pills-review-before-after-results-complaints-reviews-amazon-consumers-users-scam-does-it-work-becoming-alpha-male-253x300.png

Dez

...the floor is lava
Legend Member
I use it regularly in smoothies and particularly love it. I'm a little rusty on all the information but I belive it's meant to be high in some amino (?) acids and a few years ago when I went raw it was one of the main things I added to everything I could to supplement my nutrition. Particularly after the gym.

I've never been off coffee long enough to let anything else be able to shine in terms of an energy boost :)

Phoebe

Some Village lost an Idiot!
Legend Member
I think fresh fruit and vegies and lots of them. Most of them are probably superfoods.

Super foods should be down the isle that also sells toilet paper sorry.. but I associate them with making you go to the loo more frequently......

Happy2

Legend Member
I agree with you Morgan Eat good fresh fruit and veg and your on your way to good health
I get to about 97% on the good health scale meet HP for A drink and have to start again from scratch

Phoebe

Some Village lost an Idiot!
Legend Member
What makes me laugh no end is you see the hot sweaty girl in lululemon's and a crop top leaving a gym she walks outside has a drink of water then lights up a smoke........ really what was the point of going to the gym!