• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

Speed Dating, I'm Curious!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

amorous

Hiya All

I was thinking about trying out speed dating. I'm thinking I might meet 'mr right' that way. I don't think the Swingers Scene is where I'm going to find him and I was wondering if anybody could give me any hints, tips or suggestions?

I'm very curious!

Thanks!

Amorous...

M

Mary Anne PA

didn't you know amorous. Mr Right pops along when you least expect it. It's just trying to keep him there is the problem... ROFL

D

DANNY

HI there amourous great idea im wanting to have speed dating at the club on a thursday night it might be fun if i get enough interest on it

A

amorous

But I want to hear about experiences before I decide!!! Surely someone must have tried it!!!

Experiences anybody? Please??? ;)

A

amorous

serena said:
didn't you know amorous. Mr Right pops along when you least expect it. It's just trying to keep him there is the problem... ROFL

Yes, Serena, I'm aware it's not always good to look, but doesn't mean you can't meet new people, even if they just turn out to be friends... I've met many a friend through online dating in the last 2 years, a couple of them are very close to me now.

I think that speed dating holds more merit due to the fact I can meet them and make my own opinion before doing the email/msn thing which can at times be very misleading. And, unfortunately I am speaking from a very bad experience I had last month. I won't be meeting boys through online dating again I don't think!

And just incase you're wondering, I'm sweet and innocent when it comes to that side of things, please ignore my avatar!!!!

ROFL

M

Mary Anne PA

heehee. nothing like being sweet and innocent. !!

By the way, if you want any info, I used to work and hostess for a speed dating company last year so was very involved in that side of speed dating. Was very interesting to do and see, some people came on numerous occasions.

Many were nervous to begin with and couldn't think of things to talk about, then you couldn't stop them and the 3 minute timer ended up not being enough for them.

For those that were really nervous, I used to say that it's good for meeting new people, making lots of new friends if it doesn't go anywhere else, gives you more people to invite to barbies and parties so doesn't matter if it all doesn't gel out for romance, your social life expands and through those people you meet others as well.

M

Mary Anne PA

old fashinoned

I think that the internet has opened up a great many oportunities for all people.Unfortunately that is part of the problem there is just to much out there. Its too easy for us to be people that we are not and to hide behind a screen and tap a way like Fred Astair and Ginger Rogers. What happened to having the guts when you see a girl or man in the street pub or sporting event.To chat her or him up and have the guts to talk.People do not even use the phone anymore except for texting.We will end up like caveman times grunting and yowling when we are eating or mating speech as we now no it gone.

yugga umba booga wooga yoweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

M

Mary Anne PA

only some caveman, only some.... not all.

How did you communicate in the caveman days.. LOL. Grab a woman by her hair and drag her into the cave.. LOL

M

Mary Anne PA

long hair

serena said:
only some caveman, only some.... not all.

How did you communicate in the caveman days.. LOL. Grab a woman by her hair and drag her into the cave.. LOL

Yes Serena those were the days!!!!!!!!

A

amorous

Wow! I can't believe nobody has had any experience in this area!

Will have to let you know how I go when I get around to doing it :hello:

sioxie

Foundation Member
I went along to a speed dating nite some months back just to support my girlfriend who didnt want to go on her own. And what can i say it really was a fun nite even though i wasnt lookin for anyone in particular ( have enough men in my life lol) met some gr8 guyz. She is now engaged at the ripe old age of 44 to one of the men she met and is pregnant and over the moon.......i think the idea of meeting face to face is a better idea than internet dating as chemistry is the big deciding factor.. You can chat on the internet for months and still have no idea what the person is really like> things like hygiene for example!!!!!!!! And some of the pics i have been sent in no way correspond to the actual people i have met.....
U can get a good feel for a person with speed dating even though it can b a bit intense and some people find it a bit daunting having to meet so many people in such short a time..... so my advice A is go for it girl and have fun :)

R

red0412303609

I have had some experience

It was a fun nite and the people I met were simply fantastic... Having met several ladies on the nite had opened my opinions on just about every thing you could think of. One lady in particular was so astute that I kinda felt bewidered by her but she rallied her friends later and we kinda painted the town red. It was with apprehension that I dwelled into that arena but thankfully I can honestly say that the experience the people and the event was very well presented. In all honesty Id do it again but not until its summer, so anyone who thinks its a blind date event- think again-- open yourself up to some tremendous experiences.
well thats my two cents worth.

T

The bosshog

Hi amorous,
certainly enjoyed that expierence with you at the club :love76:
I can't resist to say . I do like females who know what they want :icon_blow

A

amorous

Ur a funny one BH - you definitely add colour to a girls nite!!!
A xx

M

Mary Anne PA

and what colour waS THAT MAY i ASK... HMMM?
24.gif
23.gif

T

The bosshog

what colour ;D ???? You have to ask Amorous, as I've used her underwear at that night :icon_porc :icon_porc :icon_porc

A

amorous

Gee BH, you're memory is shocking - I don't wear underwear!!!

Someone's been a bad, bad boy I think ;)

A...

T

The bosshog

you ? Spanking me ??? Like your fantasy but I would suggest that I spank you. Thought you enjoyed it last time :headbang:

Last edited by a moderator:
A

amorous

You're terrible, I'll give you a tongue lashing and a half if I catch up with you next week BH!

D

Davesky

Hiya All

I was thinking about trying out speed dating. I'm thinking I might meet 'mr right' that way. I don't think the Swingers Scene is where I'm going to find him and I was wondering if anybody could give me any hints, tips or suggestions?

I'm very curious!

Thanks!

Amorous...

Speed dating can be great. You gotta know what you are doing though, you only get a short amount of time to make an impression on your potential date. Here is a good article though:

Link is broken,so has been taken down

Ive used it with good success. :headbang:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.