• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

Rock Pool Burswood

Master Yoda

“Your path you must decide.”
Legend Member
My favourite lady friend took me out to Rockpool. Best steak I ever had!!!! The kitchen looked like hells kitchen.

Don't take my word for it, go find out what I mean :)

P

Perth boy

My favourite lady friend took me out to Rockpool. Best steak I ever had!!!! The kitchen looked like hells kitchen.

Don't take my word for it, go find out what I mean :)

Yoda I went to the Rockpool in Melbourne about 6 weeks ago. It was great but a bit expensive. We paid just over $500 for two of us for dinner. Had a few wines but.

I was going to go to the Burswood one last Friday but didnt make it.

Did you book or just show up. At Melb you need to book weeks ahead.

L

lillian.tan

I had to book that for us. But being new it was easy. I tried booking the one in Sydney when I lived there and it was impossible.

Everything was made to perfection.

Happy Birthday Yoda xoxo

P

Perth boy

Will get to the Perth Rockpool over the next week or two.

The service at Melb was great. At one stage we had about 5 waiters looking after us.

Hope Perth is as good.

L

lillian.tan

For the price of it..yes the service was great
I am however, curious to try their service towards closing time... =P

P

Perth boy

Lillian when I went to the Melb one we booked for 10.00pm and left at 12.30

L

lillian.tan

Oh.. but Melbourne has a different standard than Perth

In my opinion, Melbourne is a city where people in hospitality and customer service are expected to perform at its highest....Sydney is not even comparable to them
In Melbourne, cafes would stay open hours after its closing time if they see a line-up outside the door .. I have witnessed this with my own eyes..

Perth, on the other hand, (and I have witnessed this in a retail store) refused to let customers use the change room 1 hour prior to closing time!!!! SHOCKING!! and this does not even involve greasy oil.. dirty plates ... blah blah blah..

So.. I am curious... and I hope sooner than later I will be able to put my curiosity to the test.. ^0^

P

Perth boy

Yep I got to agree about the service in Perth. I have been to a lot of countrys and most of Australia and Perth has a lot to learn.

Ok now I am curious to see Rockpools late night service and if it is good how long will they keep it up!

B

BigBlackCock

I'm a great of fan of Rob Broadfield - the West's food reviewer. Recently when asked which place served Perth's best steak, he said Rockpool was good but it had been pipped by the restaurant at the Old Swan Brewery where he said the steaks were cooked to perfection.

svengali

Foundation Member
In my humble opinion the Outback steak house in Northbridge knocks spots off both Rockpool and that pretentious joint in the old Swan Brewery at a fraction of the cost.

Rob Broadfield is a good journo and knows his stuff about food but value for money doesn't seem to rate too highly with him. Maybe if he had to pay his own way that would change.

P

Paul Oconnor

In my humble opinion the Outback steak house in Northbridge knocks spots off both Rockpool and that pretentious joint in the old Swan Brewery at a fraction of the cost.

Rob Broadfield is a good journo and knows his stuff about food but value for money doesn't seem to rate too highly with him. Maybe if he had to pay his own way that would change.

What kinda prices do they charge at the old brewery Sven?

svengali

Foundation Member
When I looked in there it hadn't been open long but the prices were to the order of $10 - $20 for entrees and nothing under $40 for mains. They also did the annoying (and dishonest) trick of listing vegies and salads separately as "sides" and charging another $10+ for them. I didn't stay as I thought it was over the top.

Take a lady there and you'd probably end up with a bill not far short of $200, more if you wanted a glass or three of wine.

Miss Delights

Diamond Member
When I looked in there it hadn't been open long but the prices were to the order of $10 - $20 for entrees and nothing under $40 for mains. They also did the annoying (and dishonest) trick of listing vegies and salads separately as "sides" and charging another $10+ for them. I didn't stay as I thought it was over the top.

Take a lady there and you'd probably end up with a bill not far short of $200, more if you wanted a glass or three of wine.

Great, I lost a bet not long ago & so I owe a mate dinner there..He is a big Maori fella too..I'm screwed. lol

P

Paul Oconnor

How long ago were you there Sven?