• Langtrees.com will start paid advertising on the 12th April this year. (my mothers birthday) Wallet balances will still remain if logged in the last month. Advertisers that have not logged in wallets will be reduced to zero.

JimmyJamz

Diamond Member
My favourite of all cocktails, i really enjoy a whisky sour. My usual recipe follows a ratio if 3:2:1 (strong: sour: sweet), tonight's offering however is a tidy little 2:1:1.

The whisky used is Glenfiddich Fire & Cane, the latest offering in their Experiments series. Lightly peated, and finished in rum barrels. The whisky has a light wood smoke characteristic from the peat, this smoke paired with the bright sweetness of the rum cask give great balance. The whisky also has hints of rich caramel, delicate spices, and green orchard fruits.

For the sugar for this cocktail, rather than simple syrup, I used an equal parts blend of light agave and dark coconut nectar. Light agave is a clean sweetener with a gentle green/herbaceous characteristic. The dark coconut nectar has a little bit more caramel and floral, with out being the minerality of a molasses heavy cane sugar.

Fresh lemon juice brings the sour, with a dash or orange bitters to round the flavour out.

The end result? A cocktail with a velvet meringue pillowy top, with a sweet and sour body. Silky and soft. The finish brings together everything great in this whisky- the clean smoke, green orchard fruits, and so incredibly easy to drink. What a cracker!

Attachments

• PSX_20191010_193802.jpg
    PSX_20191010_193802.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
N

Not listening

How can you go past a Martini or Negroni? I like my Martini’s wet (3 parts gin to 1 part vermouth) and you have to use a good gin (4 Pillars Rare Dry). Negroni... kicks like a mule so go easy.