Prolapse, Cancer Scares, Lung Disease/COPD, Spinal Issues. All In One Year.

T

Tania Admin

On top of everything I was having major issues with my liver. Extremely high enzyme readings for the last 11 months. I haven't even had a drink (not even one) so it had my doctors baffled. Turns out I had an underlying infection. All sorted now and my last round of blood tests were all normal. Phew. What a year it's been.🤦‍♀️

sabredog

Steppin' Out
Legend Member
On top of everything I was having major issues with my liver. Extremely high enzyme readings for the last 11 months. I haven't even had a drink (not even one) so it had my doctors baffled. Turns out I had an underlying infection. All sorted now and my last round of blood tests were all normal. Phew. What a year it's been.🤦‍♀️
Glad to hear all is working out Tania. Been a tough one for my and I am sure others as well.

Sexty8

Sexty8 - you do me , and then I owe you one!
Diamond Member
Glad they found a cause, hope you i prove soon.

T

Tania Admin

Thought I would give you all an update.

So far, since the infection is better, my liver is back to A1 condition,,,YAY!

My breasts get quite painful sometimes caused by the cysts but unfortunately there is not really much that can be done about it.

My disintegrating spine has it's days but the Dr's are astounded at how well I'm holding up and are literally surprised I'm not bedridden and here I am working in the great outdoors most days. Lucky for me the muscle is strong and I've always been an outdoorsy person. I refuse to take accept a prescription for hardcore pain killers because I have seen people go bad or be zombies and I will not accept that for myself.

My COPD/lung disease is being managed and I'm doing okay. I must say I do believe the clean air up here in Darwin is a big help too.

So though I have a few struggle days here and there, I am constantly reminding myself that I am in a better position than many others. I am doing okayish most of the time.

T

Tania Admin

Glad your doing.. average? Keep those muscles strong! YAY liver!! Always liked liver, good organ
Liver tastes nice with bacon and onions too 🤣

Think I've done my knee an injury but really don't have the time, nor the money, to take any time off work.... Oh the joy. I keep reminding myself I'm Tonka Tuff and I will get through. Plenty of people worse off than I am.

TantraShiva

Legend Member
Hmmm 🤔 ever hear about those men who say im fine ill push through then make it worse?

Listen to the body. Rest if your knee needs it. Can always make it worse

D

Deleted member 49173

just seen this thread .. ( where was I ?? ) and 1stly, great to hear you've made it this far Tania .. thru all the sh#t

but , my experience with gyno problems .. it put a WHAMMO 'slammed shut' end to an already sad sex life.
she completely hated the literal pain of sex and now ( 5yrs later) has ongoing pain and other problems - following a radical hysterectomy - all starting from a " thats a normal/typical" prolapse diagnosis , which they tried to "repair" , and ballsed up ..

T

Tania Admin

So to date I have lost 11kg AND gained some muscle mass. I actually have a butt now (It's always been flat lol) from doing squats daily.
I'm not pushing things hard due to my back but am gradually strengthening my upper back and core muscles, so I have even more muscle support. Still another 10kg to lose but I'm very happy with how things are going :)

Sexty8

Sexty8 - you do me , and then I owe you one!
Diamond Member
Well done! I am sure it is rewarding for you and hopefully your health improves

T

Tania Admin

I've been having issues with my breathing again. The Dr has me on steroids hoping to give my lungs some strength. Pretty scary not being able to breathe properly :(
I have an appointment in a few days to review my treatment. 1st he wants to see if this course of steroids improves things.
I thought things were on the up and this has upset me a bit. I am trying to be positive but sometimes it's hard.

Goodstuff36 Bon truc in french

Goodstuff. Bon truc in french
Legend Member
I've been having issues with my breathing again. The Dr has me on steroids hoping to give my lungs some strength. Pretty scary not being able to breathe properly :(
I have an appointment in a few days to review my treatment. 1st he wants to see if this course of steroids improves things.
I thought things were on the up and this has upset me a bit. I am trying to be positive but sometimes it's hard.
The steroids are for three days only then you will get a long lasting reliver usually puffer followed by a grey or blue puffer to use when required to assist breathing I know people that have used the grey puffer for over 40 years no side effects.

Goodstuff36 Bon truc in french

Goodstuff. Bon truc in french
Legend Member
The steroids are for three days only then you will get a long lasting reliver usually puffer followed by a grey or blue puffer to use when required to assist breathing I know people that have used the grey puffer for over 40 years no side effects always good to ring nurse on call or talk to your chemist about breathing issues and what products are available for use for a second opinion.

T

Tania Admin

The steroids are for three days only then you will get a long lasting reliver usually puffer followed by a grey or blue puffer to use when required to assist breathing I know people that have used the grey puffer for over 40 years no side effects.
I have been on the long term relief for 12 months and the puffer. The last 10 days are worse than before I was diagnosed. That is why the Dr wants to review my medication.
The steroids are for 5 days.

Fingers crossed there is some improvement by tomorrow 🤞

T

Tania Admin

Fingers toes arms legs and eyes all crossed for you. Heres hoping it does improve for you xx
Thank you so much.💋

I have had a busy day today. My breathing has improved a little and I have been going totally through the entire house top to bottom cleaning. Any little inkling of dust (there isn't that much) is gone and I have had all our air conditioners professionally cleaned again just to be sure. I will win this war 👍

John Smithl

Legend Member
Thank you so much.💋

I have had a busy day today. My breathing has improved a little and I have been going totally through the entire house top to bottom cleaning. Any little inkling of dust (there isn't that much) is gone and I have had all our air conditioners professionally cleaned again just to be sure. I will win this war 👍
Maybe consider getting an air purifier to help as well

John Smithl

Legend Member
Good idea where do you get one.
From most household goods type places... JB Hifi, Hardly Normal, etc...

Treecat

Gold Member
I have been on the long term relief for 12 months and the puffer. The last 10 days are worse than before I was diagnosed. That is why the Dr wants to review my medication.
The steroids are for 5 days.

Fingers crossed there is some improvement by tomorrow 🤞
Hopefully the doc can help you.