• Langtrees.com will start paid advertising on the 12th April this year. (my mothers birthday) Wallet balances will still remain if logged in the last month. Advertisers that have not logged in wallets will be reduced to zero.

Posting Images

juddy

Gold Member
How does one do this now ?

Can post an image URL but not upload one from my iPad.

Cheers

Dallas

Legend Member
I use an iPhone so when you click on the upload a file button below the message box, it should take you directly to your photo's to select one although sometimes the "Choose file" button on my iphone at least takes a few goes to get it to react to my finger.

Dallas

Legend Member
Thanks Homer, mostly I have no idea what i'm doing, it's press anything and hope for the best :rolleyes:

juddy

Gold Member
I used to be able to do it but now there is in upload a file button.

Used to be able to choose from album/camera roll
Then select full image or thumbnail when posting.

Dallas

Legend Member
I have had a problem on my iPhone where I click on the choose file button and I get no options to use the pictures in my photo library. I rebooted my phone and it has seemed to be fine after that.

Dallas

Legend Member
Ok that's very strange then. One thing you could try is installing a different browser like Dolphin or something else and see if it works with that.

juddy

Gold Member
Ok that's very strange then. One thing you could try is installing a different browser like Dolphin or something else and see if it works with that.

I've used an iPhone, iPad and laptop with different broswers, there is no upload image button anymore,

Can you try to upload an image here please?

johnlou

5 Star General
Foundation Member
i have the upload function (laptop )

i do have the upload function on my mobile
Burdekin dam-1.jpg

Last edited:

juddy

Gold Member
I can't even view the posted images below.

You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

johnlou

5 Star General
Foundation Member
looks like the I.T. guys have more work to do :) lets all be patient and give them a chance to remedy all the problems

Dallas

Legend Member
I've used an iPhone, iPad and laptop with different broswers, there is no upload image button anymore,

Can you try to upload an image here please?

Sure, here's my coffee. I did this from my iPhone. When I clicked the upload button though, I noticed that clicking right on the button didn't work and I had to press just above it.

image.jpg

juddy

Gold Member
Still can't upload an image with my account from multiple OS and Browsers.

Has happened around about the same time from Silver to Gold.

Cheers

Ian IT

Gold Member
How does one do this now ?

Can post an image URL but not upload one from my iPad.

Cheers

Hi Juddy, Are you doing the following?
1. Click upload button.
2. Click on "Choose File" button. Important: Image file must be under 14mb file size, otherwise it will not be uploaded.
3. Go to your Photo Library and select a photo.
4. Once selected the photo should automatically upload.
5. Once uploaded, you will have the option to use "thumbnail" or "full image" size. Select either and then it should show.
I have uploaded using my ipad with Safari and Chrome. It works fine for me.

Do you receive any error messages? Such as max file size or file type not allowed or forum limited access messages

Last edited:

juddy

Gold Member
Hi Juddy, Are you doing the following?
1. Click upload button.
2. Click on "Choose File" button. Important: Image file must be under 14mb file size, otherwise it will not be uploaded.
3. Go to your Photo Library and select a photo.
4. Once selected the photo should automatically upload.
5. Once uploaded, you will have the option to use "thumbnail" or "full image" size. Select either and then it should show.
I have uploaded using my ipad with Safari and Chrome. It works fine for me.

Do you receive any error messages? Such as max file size or file type not allowed or forum limited access messages

The upload button has disappeared.
Have uploaded plenty of images previously.

Cheers.

juddy

Gold Member
Try clearing your Cache.
If your on Safari default browser for iPads, click on the book icon top left of address bar on your browser. Then under History click the "Clear" link at the bottom. This will remove all cookies and website data.
Also reboot your ipad.

Done that. Nothing.

As I said multiple OS's and multiple Browsers have the same problem.

Cheers.

Ian IT

Gold Member
Juddy, make sure all your software is up to date. The Upload a File button is using Adobe Flash Player as you can see in the source code below.

<object id="SWFUpload_0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://www.talkinsex.com/js/swfupload/Flash/swfupload.swf" width="1" height="1" class="swfupload" style="width: 100px; height: 23px; top: 4px;"><param name="wmode" value="transparent"><param name="movie" value="http://www.talkinsex.com/js/swfupload/Flash/swfupload.swf"><param name="quality" value="high"><param name="menu" value="false"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><param name="flashvars" value="movieName=SWFUpload_0&amp;uploadURL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.talkinsex.com%2Fattachments%2Fdo-upload.json%3Fhash%3Dac07cebef393eaae8c0f03f9ffbbeb4c%26content_type%3Dpost&amp;useQueryString=false&amp;requeueOnError=false&amp;httpSuccess=&amp;assumeSuccessTimeout=0&amp;params=_xfToken%3D299%252C1445262720%252C8140cc1cd6cf279a3b175f1504bd544bf717ec8b%26amp%3B_xfNoRedirect%3D1%26amp%3B_xfResponseType%3Djson&amp;filePostName=upload&amp;fileTypes=*.zip%3B*.txt%3B*.pdf%3B*.png%3B*.jpg%3B*.jpeg%3B*.jpe%3B*.gif%3B*.wma%3B*.mp3%3B*.ZIP%3B*.TXT%3B*.PDF%3B*.PNG%3B*.JPG%3B*.JPEG%3B*.JPE%3B*.GIF%3B*.WMA%3B*.MP3&amp;fileTypesDescription=All%20Files&amp;fileSizeLimit=0&amp;fileUploadLimit=0&amp;fileQueueLimit=0&amp;debugEnabled=false&amp;buttonImageURL=&amp;buttonWidth=1&amp;buttonHeight=1&amp;buttonText=&amp;buttonTextTopPadding=0&amp;buttonTextLeftPadding=0&amp;buttonTextStyle=color%3A%20%23000000%3B%20font-size%3A%2016pt%3B&amp;buttonAction=-110&amp;buttonDisabled=false&amp;buttonCursor=-2"></object>

juddy

Gold Member
Juddy, make sure all your software is up to date. The Upload a File button is using Adobe Flash Player as you can see in the source code below.

Good news my button "Upload a File" is back.
I didn't change anything so what happened?