• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

Please... Help me choose...

billybones

Thrillseeker
Legend Member
What do you look for when choosing a holiday destination??

Is it the warm tropics where you can work on your tan laying on the beach or do you enjoy the cool feeling of snow and enjoy a good snowfight??

I`ve done Bali once but wasn`t really into it. Maybe it`s just my bad luck but wherever I went to, all they wanted me to do was buy something.

I`ld rather a holiday where I can take the time to just walk around, look at some of the older buildings, look at a different culture, eat different food to what I would normally eat and enjoy listening although I might not understand it to another language.

This is my version of being in a different world.

If I wanted to go and lay next to a swimming pool I could do that at home...

Fudd

Foundation Member
....mainly history & culture for me, BB.

I'm really not into resorts unless it's just a quick "retreat" from it all (re-charge the batteries so to speak). I much prefer to explore places that have a historical or significant dimension to them. Hence why places in Europe or the Middle East attract me.

If you want some places to intrigue you, spend some time in Rome, Cario, Istanbul, Prague, Berlin or Budapest as examples of some of the places I've been to and enjoyed immensely. In a word......fantastic!

Bon voyage,
Fudd :)

Last edited:
W

WRXXXR

I`ld rather a holiday where I can take the time to just walk around, look at some of the older buildings, look at a different culture, eat different food to what I would normally eat and enjoy listening although I might not understand it to another language...

That's Rome in a nutshell!

Travel is my #1 love so I go away as often as I can. Depends how long I have but my travel is split into 3 areas.

I won't bore everyone with my travel weirdness but close your eyes, spin the globe and point your finger and away you go :)

Last edited by a moderator:
L

Langtrees VIP Perth 2

I completely agree with the history and culture drawcard.
Hence I have to agree that Europe is a great travel destination for me.
I absolutely loved country England, Rome, Germany. I hated Paris!

I only wish that time and finances allowed for me to be in your possie right now billybones...contemplating where to spend my next holiday...for me right now it's Bali or stay at home! Lol!

Lisa xxx

W

WRXXXR

If you want to see a lot, Europe is where it's at purely because its so easy to see other countries for 30 or 40 euros.

Lisa, I loved Paris but disliked Berlin. How good is Rome though!!

L

Langtrees VIP Perth 2

Oh, so true WRXXXR! Rome is amazing...full of history, the people are friendly, welcoming and helpful. The food is spectacular, accomodations were beautiful...honestly I couldn't fault the place!

So, it's unanimous billybones...you should go to Rome...and I should come and carry your bags! Lol!

Lisa xxx

S

selenagemez

beautiful rome...will miss that place
grey.png

C

craigus

id like to go to thailand....for the wl and ladyboys.....europe would also be cool...id like to see some castles and other historical thingos

Happy2

Legend Member
I could well imagine Rome to be tops I was lucky enough to do Canada
But strangely for me I still get the call to go back to Kangaroo Island
Start a Langtrees branch there and I would find it hard to leave.
The better half may have other ideas though

F

Farm Boy

I could well imagine Rome to be tops I was lucky enough to do Canada
But strangely for me I still get the call to go back to Kangaroo Island
Start a Langtrees branch there and I would find it hard to leave.
The better half may have other ideas though

The last time I traveled Woodie Island still had most of its bush still standing. but nothing much 4atiger to hunt.

Fudd

Foundation Member
...So, it's unanimous billybones...you should go to Rome...

....and if u did, BB, and u only had 3 full days, this is what I've done in the past:
1. Fly Emirates to Rome via Dubai on the 6.00am flight. The first leg to Dubai is quiet so you usually have no one sitting next toyou. Even though it's an early flight, you get into Rome around 8pm or so. Plus its the quickest flight to Rome from Perth.

2. Take the Leonardo da Vinci Express from the airport non-stop to the Central Train Station (Termini). It's 14 Euros and takes 45 mins. make sure you vaildate the ticket before boarding.

3. Book a hotel similar to the one I use (Hotel Verona Rome – Official Site - 3 star budget accommodation Rome) as its only an 800 meter walk from the train station. Apart from the convenient location, Termini is the only place in Rome where both of Rome's underground train lines (Red & Blue lines) intersect.

4. Buy a 3-day underground train pass that you can use on either the Red or Blue line for any destination. The pass can be bought (11 Euros each) from the newsagent at the train station and the 3 days start when you first use it.

5. Day 1 - visit the Piazza del Popolo, the Markets next to the piazza and then walk up to the Villa Borghese Gardens. There are some great views of the city here. Then walk back to the piazza, stroll along the Tiber to the Castel San' Angelo, cross the Bridge of Angels and cut through the old part of Rome to the Piazza Navona, Pantheon, Trevi Fountain and the Spanish Steps. There are some great restaurants, cafes and ice cream shops tucked away in here.

6. Day 2 - visit the Colosseum, Roman Forum and the Palatine Hill. Make sure you have plenty of water as it gets farkin hot in the forum.

7. Day 3 - visit the Vatican Museum and St Peters. If you want to visit the muesum during summer, I suggest u get there by 8am or pay to join a tour. The queue can get up to 2 hours long and there's no shade (you cook in the heat). At St Pete's, be brave and walk up to the cupola....brialliant.

If you have more time, this website provides further details - Rome.info > Rome tourist information, Ancient Rome travel guide

Arrivederci,
Fudd :)

Last edited by a moderator:

billybones

Thrillseeker
Legend Member
Based on all the positive reviews I think it will be Rome... All I need to do now is try and sweet talk my boss into giving me some time off.

W

WRXXXR

Couldn't have said it better Fudd! Classic Rome itinerary right there! Although I skipped the trains for walking and being let into the colluseum 20min early before anyone else at sunrise was something special. I arrived into rome late on a Saturday night and got up around 6am with NFI what to do and I still remember walking down the street and being shocked that it was right there. Guess no different walking past subi (whoops, pettersons!). I also had to laugh that next to every major tourist attraction there's a maccas!

Bill I reckon if you only could see one city before you die, it would have to be it. You'll love it and travel is easier and cheaper than ever for us.

Stop over in Dubai on the way home and go skiing and then u realise the world can be a crazy place.