Photo's Of Tonight's Lunar Eclipse From Northern Suburbs Darwin NT

T

Tania Admin

So we bought ourselves a Nikon P1000 for Christmas and have only really just started playing with it.

Thought I would take a couple of pics of tonight's lunar eclipse and share them with you all.

Here's the 1st 1.

DSCN0516.JPG

0ld dog

Bronze Member
Wasn't in Darwin for the eclipse and took some photos with my phone and they are nowhere as good as these. Well done Tania.

T

Tania Admin

Wasn't in Darwin for the eclipse and took some photos with my phone and they are nowhere as good as these. Well done Tania.
Thank you.

We need to invest in a tripod for clearer pic but the good ones are very very pricey :(

T

Tania Admin

What lens is being used here
Just the standard lens that comes with the P1000. We are going to be expanding on our lenses though.

Honestly Tan get a $100 tripod to start with and you will be surprised at how good your photos with be without any movement or camera shake
We had a cheap tripod but it's not good enough for the heavy lens on the P1000. We do have a new tripod but have not had a chance to try it out yet.

Luckypete 08

Legend Member
Just the standard lens that comes with the P1000. We are going to be expanding on our lenses though.

We had a cheap tripod but it's not good enough for the heavy lens on the P1000. We do have a new tripod but have not had a chance to try it out yet.
oh ok so are you using something like a 150 - 600 mm lens

Luckypete 08

Legend Member
oh ok so are you using something like a 150 - 600 mm lens
A very good photographers site to go on is Flickr which is free but to turn pro i think it was something like $20 ... can't remember but you can mix and get tips off some of the worlds top photographers on Flickr

Luckypete 08

Legend Member
sorry didn't read your reply properly but for shots like the moon the 150 - 600mmis awesome but around $1500 or more but your shots with a standard 18 - 55mm lens is really very good indeed
Firstly sorry to bother you again but your Nikon camera is completely different to mine and your lens is a zoom as standard to this particular model which is great for that type of photography plus nature shots as well but Tania i just read your post on your childhood upbringing and that is sad very sad as every child deserves a happy upbringing without threats in their lives and although i do not know your situation you seem to have your life going well now and about your brother maybe he thought it was better that you didn't know after everything that happened previously...but in hindsight yes he should have told you but hardships like you and family endured makes the mind work differently towards natural everyday life

T

Tania Admin

Firstly sorry to bother you again but your Nikon camera is completely different to mine and your lens is a zoom as standard to this particular model which is great for that type of photography plus nature shots as well but Tania i just read your post on your childhood upbringing and that is sad very sad as every child deserves a happy upbringing without threats in their lives and although i do not know your situation you seem to have your life going well now and about your brother maybe he thought it was better that you didn't know after everything that happened previously...but in hindsight yes he should have told you but hardships like you and family endured makes the mind work differently towards natural everyday life
No bother.

The lens on the P1000 is amazing. We are going to invest in a Macro 77 lens (or similar) in the near future.

Thank you for your kind thoughts and wishes. My brother didn't tell me for selfish reasons and his is unable to be found at present by myself or authorities. His life was very different to mine, he was 12 years younger. My other brother and I were the ones who lived a nightmare. Sadly my other brother got himself into trouble and I'm unable to find him either. I don't even know if he knows.

I am doing okay, it brought a lot of memories to the surface, some I had completely forgotten. It's harder some days than others.

Anyway, enough of that,,,,

The P1000 lens specs:

1. Lens
    125x optical Zoom-NIKKOR ED glass lens
  2. Lens Focal Length
    4.3-539mm (angle of view equivalent to that of 24-3,000mm lens in 35mm [135] format)
We have just received the Blue Tooth remote we ordered but haven't yet had a chance to play with it. Hubby is away for a couple of weeks so not sure if I will the time to suss it out.

Luckypete 08

Legend Member
No bother.

The lens on the P1000 is amazing. We are going to invest in a Macro 77 lens (or similar) in the near future.

Thank you for your kind thoughts and wishes. My brother didn't tell me for selfish reasons and his is unable to be found at present by myself or authorities. His life was very different to mine, he was 12 years younger. My other brother and I were the ones who lived a nightmare. Sadly my other brother got himself into trouble and I'm unable to find him either. I don't even know if he knows.

I am doing okay, it brought a lot of memories to the surface, some I had completely forgotten. It's harder some days than others.

Anyway, enough of that,,,,

The P1000 lens specs:

1. Lens
    125x optical Zoom-NIKKOR ED glass lens
  2. Lens Focal Length
    4.3-539mm (angle of view equivalent to that of 24-3,000mm lens in 35mm [135] format)
We have just received the Blue Tooth remote we ordered but haven't yet had a chance to play with it. Hubby is away for a couple of weeks so not sure if I will the time to suss it out.
Well I'm glad you are ok now and life seems good to you.
Plenty of zoom there in that lens and going into a delicate Macro lens ....need to study up there as they can be a little tricky to master and i never went into it but did try my sons macro lens with average results anyway best of luck with that and as your lunar photos look great I'm sure you will master the macro

Kenny

Diamond Member
and if you set the camera up close to sea level one can zoom in on objects that question the curvature calculator ;)