• Langtrees.com will start paid advertising on the 12th April this year. (my mothers birthday) Wallet balances will still remain if logged in the last month. Advertisers that have not logged in wallets will be reduced to zero.

Permissions & Lurkers

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
I relaxed my permissions on new members to use the conversations on Talkin Sex so newbie's could receive and reply to messages. I am reversing this to a minimum of 20 posts and a maximum of 3 messages until the member reaches silver.
The reason why, is I received a message that someone is using the conversations for illegal drug supply. Conversations are very high each day and they are totally private, I love them as a quick easy way to communicate. I was sent a copy of the user and a long time lurker who has now been expelled.

Last edited:

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
Could the lurkers be using the forum for drug dealing rather than finding the right girl? I don't know but being suspicious by nature I would appreciate any feedback even if just private message

Phoebe

Some Village lost an Idiot!
Legend Member
Could the lurkers be using the forum for drug dealing rather than finding the right girl? I don't know but being suspicious by nature I would appreciate any feedback even if just private message

We don't know publicly why he ended up there, nor its none of our business at why either, but public perception of the game not just in Perth BUT globally is every working lady is on some substance, and needs rescuing, and news items like this well doesn't help matters either.

As for this mail service being used for what you say my reply would be yes its being used in that manner. I work in IT in Engineering and believe me for all the good IT has done, its being used for a lot of evil too. I have seen people loose bloody good jobs over crap sent by email, and had to see this happen 1st hand.

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
Phoebe pleased to know, as to Ben Cousins he is like a nephew to me and I am only human I did help for a little while. but I had to ask him to leave because of his substance abuse.
I haven't a clue how to fix this problem with conversations, I imagine it will be possible to get some report of who uses each day and how often but I do know that even admin cannot ever view private messages and I have no wish to as defeats the purpose. At this stage I will up the use to only silver members and above that can reply to messages or even send them.Bloody nuisance as I will have to push my staff up to 20 posts and they dont get the fun of joining in and learning.

Slugger1

Legend Member
Unfortunately this is the world we live in now where people find ways to twist technology to peddle their trash.

Peter D

Silver Member
I relaxed my permissions on new members to use the conversations on Talkin Sex so newbie's could receive and reply to messages. I am reversing this to a minimum of 20 posts and a maximum of 3 messages until the member reaches silver.
The reason why, is I received a message that someone is using the conversations for illegal drug supply. Conversations are very high each day and they are totally private, I love them as a quick easy way to communicate. I was sent a copy of the user and a long time lurker who has now been expelled.
and so they should be Mrs L. SCUM!!!

Peter D

Silver Member
If there was only a hint of this type of thing happening on here it would be shut down in a flash so we all would suffer and the SCUM would simply find another way! A very close family member was hooked so I'm more than a little passionate about the subject. Thankfully he is past it now.

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
We could not be shut down for this I asked already as long as we take reasonable precautions are are not seen to be encouraging it. I was curious why 20 odd members with zero posters came in and out of the board 10 times a day, they could view no intro forums but never went and tried as I can see that now with the members in each forum above. I think they were using the multiple conversations because that is a great feature of conversations. Ill keep a close eye on it .

eagle83

Silver Member
Not sure if this is the right place to post, but I also didn't feel like a new thread was warranted.

I assume this is why I currently can't see many topics within the WA board?

apologies if posted in wrong thread!