• Langtrees.com will start paid advertising on the 12th April this year. (my mothers birthday) Wallet balances will still remain if logged in the last month. Advertisers that have not logged in wallets will be reduced to zero.

Our battle preparations are proceeding very well :Time to go undercover

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
Firstly Thank you to the Staff & Members that have helped me collect our first rounds of ammunition, its time to start planning the campaign that will unfold over the following few months.
We have now collected just over 200 adverts advertising unsafe sex practices, we need to keep collecting because we are already making a difference.
The unsafe sex adverts in Darwin have dropped by about 25% in the last three weeks.
The collection is to show politicians and health authorities how vast this problem has become so quickly, so numbers are very important.
I would like to work on Tasmania next and move from backpage to Locanto.

We are making the unsafe sex forum a private forum where members and staff apply for membership through your profile page.
Aaron will do this tomorrow and then we can keep the collection private and give the members some peace in the new post section.
To become a member you must collect at least three adverts to add to our collection, these can be put in the Australian Sex Forum and we will move them into the private unsafe Sex Forum.
I ask all staff members to collect at least two adverts each every day, make sure they are not duplicates which you can do by searching the first line of the add whilst in the private forum or from the home page.
We should see one new page every day added to the forum if we all do our bit.
Ian is making safe sex banners that we will scatter around the forum to help keep us aware and on the alert.

I would like the Langtrees Ladies that receive PM from members to ask them do you support safe sex is great sex?
When posting about safe sex speak nicely, and when reading posts about unsafe sex questions hit the disagree button, the X will say it more strongly than a a heated debate.
Understand the aim of the battle...to stop unsafe sex practices being advertised in Australia on any form of media.
At this stage of our battle preparations stealth and charm will be our weapons.

Zeus

Patron Saint of Werewolves
Diamond Member
Sort of touched on this before.......

A lot of the guys will say the "politically correct" thing here, however, "a friend of mine told me" that in practice things are a bit different.

"My friend" tells me that many (most) (???) guys would probably not protest too much if they were offered a you are silly.

I would probably tend to agree with this view.

Would I be wrong?

That being said....MAK - I wish you all the success with your campaign.

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
Yes I agree with you when naked the dick rules the head,for many men, but not really the campaign, my interest is all the good done for condom use is not undone for my grandchildren who will be sexually active in 7yrs to 12 years time.Unsafe sex in the public media by the sex industry will make the next generation of teenage more at risk. Its illegal so there are ways to stop it, but first we have to wake up the country and get them to take notice.
Thank you for your support.

Keryn

Gold Member
Practicing unsafe sex has far reaching ramifications. This doesn't only effect the adult world but future generations. In the heat of the moment best intentions can fly out the door for all involved, not just men. Let's think back to the days of the grim reaper campaign. Is minutes or even seconds of pleasure worth it often long lasting effects.

Ms Sue

Legend Member
Sort of touched on this before.......

A lot of the guys will say the "politically correct" thing here, however, "a friend of mine told me" that in practice things are a bit different.

"My friend" tells me that many (most) (???) guys would probably not protest too much if they were offered a you are silly.

I would probably tend to agree with this view.

Would I be wrong?

That being said....MAK - I wish you all the success with your campaign.
Sorry to disagree but you are silly is no different to unprotected sex... The amount of STI you can get from you are silly is the same as natural sex except pregnancy............

Obbie

Legend Member
Isn't it up to the person receiving if they are willing to do it then it's there problem if they catch something or the girl or guy offering face the same fate as well ?

T

Tania Admin

Isn't it up to the person receiving if they are willing to do it then it's there problem if they catch something or the girl or guy offering face the same fate as well ?
No. Part of the issue with peoples thought's and bias on the sex industry is they don't realise that most WL's abhor the idea of un-safe sex practices. The WL,s who practice un-safe sex give the whole industry a bad name and put lot's of people at risk, clients partners, other WL's etc,,,it's a domino effect. You have to remember not all STI's can be seen, nor do they all have a smell. Safe Sex is The Best Sex.

johnlou

5 Star General
Foundation Member
No. Part of the issue with peoples thought's and bias on the sex industry is they don't realise that most WL's abhor the idea of un-safe sex practices. The WL,s who practice un-safe sex give the whole industry a bad name and put lot's of people at risk, clients partners, other WL's etc,,,it's a domino effect. You have to remember not all STI's can be seen, nor do they all have a smell. Safe Sex is The Best Sex.
thank you Tania ,
now i have to look up "Abhor"
verb (used with object), abhorred, abhorring.
to regard with extreme repugnance or aversion; detest utterly; loathe; abominate.

johnlou

5 Star General
Foundation Member
Obbie i agree with the having a choice but in some cases the punter has no idea and also he is most likely to pass on what he has collected and if he doesn't know then the next person will do the same and thus we have an epidemic.

enjoy

Happy2

Legend Member
Plus of course we have the punter who does have a STD and could not care less about the consequence and still wish to have unprotected So then the condom is then for the protection of the provider and future clients

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
I think you are all off beat and certainly not handling this situation in a charming manner.
Tania you stated that most working girls abhor the practice of unsafe sex, yet 20% advertise it and at least 75% of private workers offer bare back blow jobs or natural head. How did this come about, remember privates in the numbers we now have only started 18 years ago and have trebled since then the event of mobile.
A lady goes private, her clients feel they can ask her for unsafe sex as it is a one to one conversation.That is why most guys prefer privates to agency girls.
The lady has 10 genuine enquirers, and 6 guys want natural head, she feels forced to say yes to this service to get the boys through the door.She then questions herself and says well at least I can't die, and if so many ask for it, and they are happy, it must be OK..
Now the numbers of private are higher than the girls that work in-house, its running about 60% of the sex workers across the country, so men are conditioned to natural french, so the brothels feel forced to join in to get the clients in the door.
Asian AMP's are now 80% of all brothels across Australia
.What is the difference, and its the girl is given the choice in the room of what extra's she will offer what clients? She can say no to any extra's- she can say yes to some extra's,- she has the choice.Because the house is not involved in the transaction of these services, they also have no responsibility for safe sex training, and for providing condoms, they make their money from selling a massage.
It becomes girls whispers that say to each other that natural french is OK, the risk is small, the money is great, I will take this risk.
I say that 80% of all sex workers across Australia think there is nothing wrong with natural head.I say that your opinion Tania & Keryn is in the minority, and that do actually spread the word to make the ladies at least educate themselves of the risk, that we keep our personal opinions to ourselves, and concentrate on the one objective we may be able to achieve, and that is to get the authorities to understand that safe sex practices are going backwards, not forward and they have to find solutions to address this problem .
One of the Darwin privates posted this week that Syphilis has risen 300% over the last two years in Darwin, and that it is not contained to the ingenious community any more.
What would be useful and charming is to get the actual figures and publish them, they will be available online somewhere. The campaign as I see it is that we can be helpful collecting numbers in the smaller states like NT, Tasmania and ACT. It is easier to work how how many ladies are truly working in these states, divide that number by head of population and you will be able to establish some factual figures that will vary little across the bigger states.
An example if there are 150 ladies working in Darwin at any one time, and the population is 115,000 therefore there is one worker to xxxxx number of population. Should there be 50 unsafe sex advertisers in Darwin that means 1/3rd advertise unsafe sex. My assumption would be that another third also offer the service but do not advertise it, which would leave 1/3rd of the sex industry in Darwin offering safe sex only.
These are not actual figures only an example of how to establish a true figure.
Charming, non judgmental & fact is the only way to proceed.

TheCock

Legend Member
Just think of all the mine workers head to asia then come back to w/ls here ;) HIV is not for me!

Obbie

Legend Member
Plus of course we have the punter who does have a STD and could not care less about the consequence and still wish to have unprotected So then the condom is then for the protection of the provider and future clients
So why did they post every ad about natural all it did was get some interested I think it could of been handled a bit different that's just my opinion like it or not !!

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
We are still collecting over 30 adverts everyday we have put them in a private forum so they don't clog the members new post box.I think it made a few members think long and hard about some of the risks they were making, and it certainly decreased the percentage of add being posted in Darwin so it has been worthwhile. Without the collection of adverts we will not be able to make the authorities listen to how wide spread this is now days.

Phoebe

Some Village lost an Idiot!
Legend Member
30 per day, is that all states or just some? Jesus that's huge and rather scary to think that's how many women daily are putting themselves at work. Rather sad really :( Good work Mary 10/10

Obbie

Legend Member
Why not contact them and give them advice on what they may be doing wrong ! Like most ads on Locanto beautiful companion and such are a fake in one way or another going by some of the reviews on here money's tight at the moment some may be offering services just to survive $$

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
We are looking at that for later in the battle, its a good thought Obbie, but it is also a huge amount of work.I believe the health department may look at this option as would be better from them and they would take notice.