• Langtrees.com will start paid advertising on the 12th April this year. (my mothers birthday) Wallet balances will still remain if logged in the last month. Advertisers that have not logged in wallets will be reduced to zero.

MikeB

Legend Member
Am going to an Op Shop Function soon, have to buy outfit only from Op shop, to go stylish, crazy uncoordinated, does best dressed men worst dressed?? Ideas please ........
Is a great theme for a charity fundraiser....means that before anyone comes in the door and your selected charity has any benefit, charity (associated with the Op Shop) has already benefitted. Plus its great for a sense of fun and silliness to boot, win, win, win all round... Plus you can re-donate the outfit back after the party

Rochelle

Forum & Langtrees.com Administrator
Staff member
Legend Member
Is a great theme for a charity fundraiser....means that before anyone comes in the door and your selected charity has any benefit, charity (associated with the Op Shop) has already benefitted. Plus its great for a sense of fun and silliness to boot, win, win, win all round... Plus you can re-donate the outfit back after the party
plus nothing worse than binning things that still can be used by other peole. One person's trash is another peron's treasure.

Sophie South

Adventurous Brunette
Gold Member
plus nothing worse than binning things that still can be used by other peole. One person's trash is another peron's treasure.

I wholeheartedly agree. It pains me to see it happening and I've had half a mind to go through refuse for salvageable items before! Waste not, want not.

Also, I used to work at an opshop in NZ and the reverse situation would happen too (people putting trash / refuse into donation bins) and it got on my nerves. I started wearing gloves in the warehouse after that! :p

Sophie South

Adventurous Brunette
Gold Member
Found an amazing outfit, silver sequinned mini skirt and a silver sequinned Sass and Bide top with bright orange sleeves. Will certainly stand out in the crowd, glad I am not an introvert. I will post a pic from the function when it happens.

Sounds brilliant! Are you more of a Good Sammy's, Salvos, or Vinnies person or do you like to mix it up?

I've been leaning towards Good Sammy's lately for the $8 dresses. That way if I'm not feeling it, I can just hand it right back (after a trip to the laundry of course!) and feel like I'm perpetuating a charitable & fashionable cycle. Good vibes all round!

Also found a tunic-length hoodie on the dress rack today and the lovely lass at the counter said it actually qualified as a shirt so took it from $8 to $4. She even let me test out some hair straighteners before purchase just to make sure they worked. Barely used, $7! God I'm glad to have a place to gush about all this, haha :hilarious:

Brenda Driver VIP Perth

Diamond Member
Sounds brilliant! Are you more of a Good Sammy's, Salvos, or Vinnies person or do you like to mix it up?

I've been leaning towards Good Sammy's lately for the $8 dresses. That way if I'm not feeling it, I can just hand it right back (after a trip to the laundry of course!) and feel like I'm perpetuating a charitable & fashionable cycle. Good vibes all round!

Also found a tunic-length hoodie on the dress rack today and the lovely lass at the counter said it actually qualified as a shirt so took it from $8 to $4. She even let me test out some hair straighteners before purchase just to make sure they worked. Barely used, $7! God I'm glad to have a place to gush about all this, haha :hilarious:
I have quite a few Op shops around my area so can mix my shopping up.
The Sass and Bide top was supposed to be $50 expensive for an Op shop item, but I for for 1/2 price. (wouldn't have paid $50 for it) I wonder what it cost new !!!!

piagrayofficial

Raw Sensuality + Refined Elegance
Silver Member
Found an amazing outfit, silver sequinned mini skirt and a silver sequinned Sass and Bide top with bright orange sleeves. Will certainly stand out in the crowd, glad I am not an introvert. I will post a pic from the function when it happens.
Yay Brenda! Cant wait to see your photos! Have a grand time x

Rochelle

Forum & Langtrees.com Administrator
Staff member
Legend Member
Now you said it I won't let you off the hook. Can't wait to see the photo :)