• Langtrees.com will start paid advertising on the 12th April this year. (my mothers birthday) Wallet balances will still remain if logged in the last month. Advertisers that have not logged in wallets will be reduced to zero.

Now I need your help guys - Forum Changes

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
I have done as much as I can with the merging, and getting these into order, can you please report threads that are the wrong, name, wrong suburbs or closed. This new system will make it much quicker to find your favs, and then you will have time to post more. The bad news is I am changing the forum rules and you will need 5 posts in the general forums to be able to access this area so check your counts and get posting. I am not talking about review postings, we don't judge that way, say hello to a stranger and put a smile on someones, dial. Don't stress about the changes this will work so much better.

titan

Gold Member
I'm not sure about alphabetically ordering posts as to read new posts you sometimes have to scroll for a while or go through to the next page or two. I can understand the logic behind alphabetical order, but don't think it works well when there's more than one page worth of posts.

Just my 2c.

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
Lets try it and when we get rid of the posts that shouldnt be there it will keep it cleaner and more current. Not all are alphabetical. Everyday is still in date order., but the good ones will be as I will move when its need.Intend to leave the agency girls up for a week in everyday then merge with the agency if that makes sense.

tributetom

Silver Member
Lets try it and when we get rid of the posts that shouldnt be there it will keep it cleaner and more current. Not all are alphabetical. Everyday is still in date order., but the good ones will be as I will move when its need.Intend to leave the agency girls up for a week in everyday then merge with the agency if that makes sense.
Well I really appreciate the hard work you are putting into the forum. Thank you ❤️

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
Great idea Ill put the IT guys onto it and see if available for ind forums. I had a look around and history was interesting i am sure there will be something we can add to individual forums that show you what you haven't read already, this would then make the system nearly perfect.
It is so much easier to merge and keep things together. Business can only have one thread going unless they are a paid advertiser with own forum or a sticky thread.We have 4-5 new business joining in once I get back from sydney next weekend as now I dont have the time for the training sessions, and they can't have unless they come in for a two hour training sesssion, that way it will give them a better return.

Last edited:

Candice Cruz

Diamond Member
I have done as much as I can with the merging, and getting these into order, can you please report threads that are the wrong, name, wrong suburbs or closed. This new system will make it much quicker to find your favs, and then you will have time to post more. The bad news is I am changing the forum rules and you will need 5 posts in the general forums to be able to access this area so check your counts and get posting. I am not talking about review postings, we don't judge that way, say hello to a stranger and put a smile on someones, dial. Don't stress about the changes this will work so much better.

#FACEPALM The query I had this morning @Mrs Langtrees could've been solved if I got to read this.
:happy: problem solved . .. now time for me to catch up quickly!

Still smiley
Candice Cameron
WL @ Langtrees VIP Canberra | 0431 923 756
Twitter | Instagram

MojitoSundowner

Diamond Member
As with the general consensus so far, I much prefer the revised category layout but the alphabetical order is just painful.
I can’t think of any other types of forums that don’t keep posts in the latest order of comments?
It’s great to see more activity, posts and reviews happening which is what this type of community is all about. Hopefully it’s not just a temporary rush by people to avoid their accounts being culled from non participating other than viewing posts.
Keep up the great work Mrs Langtrees and team, but please try and find an option for those of us that prefer not to have the alphabetical sections.....

jtb90

JT
Gold Member
I like the "jump to New" button, that's a great idea. It's great to have filter to most recent threads/comments, although the alphabetical default is not my preferred option. Otherwise it's looking user friendly. While I'm not in IT, I've heard with the big social media platforms being everywhere(spending billions) people's expectations go up. So good on those doing the work. :)