Not Bitching....Sharing the Joy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

swingingstories

Gold Member
Hey there fellow forum junkies,

I know that this is called the Bitch Board, and certainly I can find heaps of things to have a moan about each day ..........................

However, to be balanced, I'd love to see a Share the Joy Forum, where we can post moments of jubilation, fabulous surprises, things that take our breath away.

I love a good rant myself, but it's really uplifting to share the good stuff. How about it Maryanne?

I'll start. Is there anybody in Perth today who is not revelling in this glorious weather. A truly stunning Perth day, skies are blue, sun is high but not too hot, Indian Ocean was flat and the most amazing translucent Azure blue at about 9:00am this morning. Seeing my gorgeous hubby and our cherubic (in looks only, she's the devil in disguise) toddler walking hand in hand across the beach and making sand castles in the damp sand..........What can I say, life is fabulous.

Love
swingingstories
(maybe I took too many happy pills this morning LOL)
:love10: :love10: :love10: :love10:

Sir Stefan

Agent Provocateur
Foundation Member
Well I'm with you SwingingStories.... I was gifted with the freedom of choice, at birth and I would sure rather go around feeling happy than struting about complaining...

Now that's not to say things don't get under my skin, or piss me off sometimes....because they do.... but when that happens I deal with the issue and move on, always living in the now.

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
I can rename the general board sharing the Joy.... if enough members agree and post a comment.

swingingstories

Gold Member
But Svengali, can you name very many that would be better?

And to Sir Stefan, The living in the now is not a new concept to me, but one that is always a challenge to my tightly wound, and constantly overworking head. I do feel however that I am at least learning to let go sooner and easier.

I love this forum.

Love
swingingstories

Tiggirl

Foundation Member
Have to agree with you there...I've lived all over the world, and I have to say that Perth is pretty damn close to perfect.
I specially love that one sublime moment of a scorching summer day when the sun is just setting, the temp drops, and everything seems to relax - there is no better time to be sitting out the back having a drink and contemplating how good life is.
I mean, the shops could be open longer, and it would be good to be able to get something to eat after 10pm that's not Dominos - but we all have to make sacrifices. =p

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
What perfect waether we have had for xmas this year. Share the joy and say hello to a stranger today.

S

stormline

hi swingingstories,yes how you describe the beach is what i get from it everytime im there.i guess thats why i surfed for many many years.its a great feeling with the sun shinning down,very little wind,seeing the kiddies enjoying them selves and the big kiddies sunning under our beautifulll sky(preferably naked) something about that just gives you that horny feeling. even beter next week up in the mid 30s

princesssuzie

Foundation Member
I have a different type of joy to share. Although I work in aged care and death is a part of life there, I still felt that losing a loved one on Christmas Day was a sad thing to happen yesterday, however the gentlemans wife said that at least he would be at peace for the first time in 60 years as he had a debilitating bone disease since he was a young man.

johnlou

5 Star General
Foundation Member
I have a different type of joy to share. Although I work in aged care and death is a part of life there, I still felt that losing a loved one on Christmas Day was a sad thing to happen yesterday, however the gentlemans wife said that at least he would be at peace for the first time in 60 years as he had a debilitating bone disease since he was a young man.

i agree Suzie : @ least the husbane being @ peace, lessons the truma and pain of his passing on such a day .

S

stormline

hi slavegirlsuzie,i take my hat off to you as i think that would be one very hard job mentally,i have had 2 people very close to me in an old aged home and some of the staff there were wonderfull,it has to be very hard at times as you would get attached to different people even though you probably try not to.yes i agree that its much easier for the person when they dont have to suffer anymore,though the other side to that is the people left behind suffer greatly..personally i have had 3 very close people pass very near xmas,one only a couple of weeks bac who was my soulmate for 17years,then only last dec was her mother,so it can be very hard at this time of year for some people.the other was my father but many years ago,i think the hardest in my life was watching my mum pass but she finally found peace but it happened on my birthday,that was very hard to take and still is on that day years later.so to do that for a job must take alot out of you at times.you must be a very caring person,not that i have met you.......yes i know we strayed away from the bitch thread today but i agree with swingingstories sometimes we all have days when we would like to tell the world.....

Petronius

Silver Member
You could rename it the cheering/bitching board, and have people tag the post name with [Cheer] or [Bitch]. Always best to keep the universe in balance :)

princesssuzie

Foundation Member
Thanks for sharing stormline...and yes it can be a bit hard to take this kind of job at times but on the other hand I really love my job. However when you mentioned about losing your mum on your birthday it reminded me of a time many years ago when something similar to that happened to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.