• Langtrees.com will start paid advertising on the 12th April this year. (my mothers birthday) Wallet balances will still remain if logged in the last month. Advertisers that have not logged in wallets will be reduced to zero.

New Feature World Map showing where our members & guests are

Mrs Langtrees

Manager @ Langtrees
Foundation Member
To find the maps click on members then go to user map.Thank You Aaron I like this feature.

Capture.JPG12.JPG

Go to home page click on members at the top and then you will see map button click on this button to view where all the current members of the forum are.

Last edited:

MrBig

Diamond Member
To find the maps click on members then go to user map.Thank You Aaron I like this feature.

View attachment 40518
I noticed this feature and it placed me in the middle of Australia - just south of the NT/SA border whilst I sitting comfortably watching the placid waters of the Swan River from Garvey Park in Ascot, Perth, WA.
So I'm doubting the accuracy of the map; sorry to put a damper on it.:)

Dez

...the floor is lava
Legend Member
I'm wondering what the "spider" icon means?

MrBig

Diamond Member
No one showing in Darwin. Tania is online.
I know accuracy isn't going to be 100% - ball park at best - unfortunately we seem to be playing TS in a very large ball park. :)

MrBig

Diamond Member
I'm wondering what the "spider" icon means?
Does 'show yourself' map place you at roughly the correct location?
If it helps, Aaron, I'm currently using Vodaphon 4G on mobile phone.
(Perhaps land lines might provide more accurate information).

Phoebe

Some Village lost an Idiot!
Legend Member
My location is smack bang in the middle of Australia I like that... Land rights ... :)

MrBig

Diamond Member
My location is smack bang in the middle of Australia I like that... Land rights ... :)
I think at least the two of us must be occupying the same space.
I can think of many other members on TS that I'd rather occupy the same space as me.
:D

Phoebe

Legend Member
I think at least the two of us must be occupying the same space.
I can think of many other members on TS that I'd rather occupy the same space as me.
:D

Get off my cloud!!!! please....... So can I but I am greedy I want them all to meself... :)

MrBig

Diamond Member
Does 'show yourself' map place you at roughly the correct location?
If it helps, Aaron, I'm currently using Vodaphon 4G on mobile phone.
(Perhaps land lines might provide more accurate information).
Now using home ADSL and as expected my location is at least shoeing add being in Perth. So problem seems to be in interpreting mobile service locations. Many users use their mobile phone.

Mrs Langtrees

Manager @ Langtrees
Foundation Member
Aaron said it takes it from the ip address, I am in Darwin but my ip address is registered to Perth

T

Tania Admin

No one showing in Darwin. Tania is online.
I know accuracy isn't going to be 100% - ball park at best - unfortunately we seem to be playing TS in a very large ball park. :)
I was back in Perth on Wednesday morning :)

Other members won't see your location. IT staff, if they really want to bother, would be able to do so but that's with or without this feature being made available to members.
We only use the feature on the back end when a new user signs up, so we know they aren't from one of the regular spamming ip's from overseas.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mrs Langtrees

Manager @ Langtrees
Foundation Member
Watch out for what Phobe, I want spiders as many as we can get, they spread the word much faster than humans can nowdays.

Phoebe

Legend Member
Watch out for what Phobe, I want spiders as many as we can get, they spread the word much faster than humans can nowdays.

If you ever want a global ambassador for Langtrees I am the person for the job, I will go global and advertise it for you!

Dallas

Legend Member
The map says there is an Administrator who's standing in the outback of South Australia north of Coober Pedy. HP, the ocean's further south!! :eek:

scavenger

Gold Member
The map says there is an Administrator who's standing in the outback of South Australia north of Coober Pedy. HP, the ocean's further south!! :eek:
Remote isolated outposts can be action packed ,, as seen in Priscilla Q of the D with the chaps missus displaying her special technique of table tennis.

Phoebe

Legend Member
Remote isolated outposts can be action packed ,, as seen in Priscilla Q of the D with the chaps missus displaying her special technique of table tennis.

+1 agreed, Ceduna at night is interesting, so is Wagga Wagga...

Sin

Bronze Member
Aaron said it takes it from the ip address, I am in Darwin but my ip address is registered to Perth
If that's the case I use a vpn service so most likely show up as in the states. Down with geofencing I say