• Langtrees.com will start paid advertising on the 12th April this year. (my mothers birthday) Wallet balances will still remain if logged in the last month. Advertisers that have not logged in wallets will be reduced to zero.

New browser - Brave

Jimmy long

Gold Member
Does the tor browser use alot of memory? seems to be going quite slow for me
Agree, it is slow, but compare that to what its like going through VPN I think their about the same. So I don't think its using more memory, its about sending the traffic via multiple networks rather than the shortest route

dan60

Diamond Member
Agree, it is slow, but compare that to what its like going through VPN I think their about the same. So I don't think its using more memory, its about sending the traffic via multiple networks rather than the shortest route
i've been using epic browser with free VPN (epic proxy) which is pretty fast.
i have also got Hideaway vpn, which is also pretty fast.
i find duckduckgo to be badbadstop, doesn't search anywhere near as good as google.
not tried Tor, but this might explain it.
'Tor is very slow compared to a VPN. Since your data is routed through multiple relays, each with varying bandwidth, you are at the mercy of the slowest relay on your route. Tor is not a good choice for watching high-quality streaming videos or doing anything else that requires a high speed connection.'

Jimmy long

Gold Member
i've been using epic browser with free VPN (epic proxy) which is pretty fast.
i have also got Hideaway vpn, which is also pretty fast.
i find duckduckgo to be badbadstop, doesn't search anywhere near as good as google.
not tried Tor, but this might explain it.
'Tor is very slow compared to a VPN. Since your data is routed through multiple relays, each with varying bandwidth, you are at the mercy of the slowest relay on your route. Tor is not a good choice for watching high-quality streaming videos or doing anything else that requires a high speed connection.'
Agree, a bit like taking a different kind of punt, we tried something, it looked promising, but didn't deliver, as always YMMV - truthfully, I've gone back to Incognito in Chrome, with Vypr as VPN, much better search results and speed