• Langtrees.com will start paid advertising on the 12th April this year. (my mothers birthday) Wallet balances will still remain if logged in the last month. Advertisers that have not logged in wallets will be reduced to zero.

Natural Cosmetic, Cleaning And Garden Alternatives .

T

Tania Admin

As Per a conversation on another thread, @Miss Monique and I were chatting about cosmetic animal testing. I thought it a great idea to have a thread solely on this topic and find out what Natural cosmetic and cleaning products people use and/or make at home :)

I was thinking of you earlier today @Tania I heard on the TV they bringing in bans against selling cosmetics etc animal testing can't remember but it's this year

I heard about the cosmetic bans coming in,,,yay. Unfortunately this doesn't extend to other chemical testing yet, such as cleaning products etc, but it's a work in the progress :)
A win is a win even if it's a small one to start :)

Im sure most people don't think of Animal testing with cleaning products. Im a big fan of good old bicarb and vinegar I make our own laundry liquid soap etc its a hobby of mine natural non toxic products

So do I. Admittedly sometimes there is no choice other than to use a chemical based product but 99.9% of the time good old vinegar and bi-carb are all thats needed. I also make my own bug sprays for my vege patch out of chilli and onion :)

Miss Monique

Adelaide's original Plus Size Delight
Legend Member
You have made by day Tania :)

I do a garden spray garlic and chili
Just changing over from homemade laundry liquid to soap nuts and this morning cleaned the stove top with homemade gumption which is liquid Castile soap and Bicarb

I still buy foundation and lippy for work and like Burts Bees BB cream

Happy2

Legend Member
Snails and slugs in among your seedlings?

Make really really strong coffee ( no need for milk or sugar They dont appreciate that you've made them a cappuccino )
Dulute with 10 parts water Spray seedlings and soil thoroughly Snails and slugs crawl over it and die It has to be reapplied after rain

So there's another reason I don't drink coffee Its a pesticide

T

Tania Admin

Rather than use chemical product, I dyed my daughters hair with beetroot for a crazy hair day. The colour was awesome.

I've heard of lemon being used as a blonding agent.

Happy2

Legend Member
Rather than use chemical product, I dyed my daughters hair with beetroot for a crazy hair day. The colour was awesome.

I've heard of lemon being used as a blonding agent.
So thats why you were such a sourpuss when we met ? You had just dyed your hair ?

T

Tania Admin

So thats why you were such a sourpuss when we met ? You had just dyed your hair ?

I was hot, missing my sons, missing my husband, missing Mary-Anne, in a new environment where I knew no-one, felt a bit out of my depth with everything and not happy with my weight. I apologise if I seemed a little flat (lol fat) at the time xo