• Langtrees.com will start paid advertising on the 12th April this year. (my mothers birthday) Wallet balances will still remain if logged in the last month. Advertisers that have not logged in wallets will be reduced to zero.
Status
Not open for further replies.
H

huma

Muscle Pain do’s any body know a better way to fix muscular aches strains I’m using Dencorub but it take’s 3 day to fix it do’s any one know a better and faster way to fix the problem please
I can’t ask for advise from the people that I work with because it become’s a incident then I have to fill in a report and I hate paper work

T

twowheels

Explain what your pain is, where it is, how you did it, and for how long you have been having it.
Don't knock having to report it, as if in the future you develop further problems, it can be treated and more importantly paid for.
IM me if you need discretion.

Beanbag5

Foundation Member
:hello: huma i highly recommend acupuncture worked wonders for me i couldn't move for three days one treatment i was at work that night three visits and i was cured
brilliant
beanbag
:cya:

H

huma

I think it’s a strain in my left foot left arm shoulder and left side of my neck I did it by lift a 60 kilo cyclone cluster from a hole I’ve had it for 2 weeks but it’s getting better

T

twowheels

It sounds like you may have strained some muscles in your back, hard to say from the limited description you gave, but I'd suggest taking Ibuprofen and Panadol for a few days, remember to eat when you take Ibuprofen. Also trying have a warm bath, or if you have a sauna or steam room local try just chilling out in there for a while.
If it still feels bad in a week or so, or you get numb or tingly hands, feet, arms or legs, or weakness in the limbs, go see a Doc ASAP

Hope this helps

M

MASTER WIZARD

? Spinal injury.

Dear Huma,
I would suggest that "Puka's" advice is sound the Non-Steroidal anti-inflamatory is a very effective treatment taken judicially and as stated only take N.S.A.s after food and DO NOT use alcohol with these medications(less than 1 standard drink can cause you to be over 0.05 blood alcohol).
Definitely fill in an injury report, this type of injury could come back to haunt you in years to come.
Hot bath, with a cupful of Magnesium sulphate in the bath-water 20-30 minutes after the NSA soak as long as you can.
Take enough Mag.Sulphate (Epsom salts) to just cover a 5cent piece in a glass of warm water, if you excede this quantity it could cause diarhoea, the Magnesium ion is required for muscle relaxation. take this shortly before sleep.
Give serious consideration to consulting a Shiatsu Therapist, Manipulative Physiotherapist, Osteopath or Chiropractor.
What you have described sounds like a spinal misalignment, with associated soft tissue injury. the treatments described thus far are for the soft tissue injuries and may not fix the underlying spinal injury.
Certainly, if you are one of the 80% that acupuncture works for, then acupuncture sedation treatment would be most beneficial.
Do seek proper treatment a.s.a.p., and REPORT it. If I was there I could probably relieve most of the symptoms in an hour or so, But I'm not, it could be more serious if not treated properly.

As a Shiatsu Therapist/acupuncturist/retired ambulace officer, I do have some knowledge to base My recomendations on.

Post script: Be very cautious with paracetamol(panadol)it causes liver damage, if there is pre-existing liver damage 10grams in one 24 hour period could be fatal(20 tabs)but it could take days to die slowly,poisoned by the bodies own toxins as the liver shuts down.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

MASTER WIZARD

Dermatomes

Dear Huma & Others,
A picture of the Dermatomes, this indicates where on the body damage to the spinal column is likely to influence.
The "c" indicates Cervical or neck, "t" is Thoracic or back, and "l" is lumbar or lower back.
Thus a pain or loss of sensation in the toes could be due to influence of the l5 (fifth lumbar) s1 (1st sacral) intervertabral space. A very common lifting injury. [ I had 6 months off work due to injury in this area, 20+ years ago, at the same time My cousin suffered the same injury from a similar cause. I had 6 months of chiropractic treatment with acupuncture, she underwent surgery. result I still have chronic back pain, she's dead of post surgical complication after months of agonising pain .]

Attachments

• mini-mini-Dermatomes i.bmp.jpg
    mini-mini-Dermatomes i.bmp.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 55
Last edited by a moderator:
B

BigMike

Can I add that Tiger Balm is a very good rub to use as well.

Cheers

BigM

D

dangermouse

there is also a lotion i used when playing soccer, its from someone wherein asia, cant quite remember where, and i cant exactly remember how the name is spelt, so i will spell it phonetically for ya
its called quang long( or sumtin like that)
sort of like a more penetrative deep heat, i found itin a supermarket

W

Wildcat

we have a good one that we use . it is called Metsal. it only affects the area needing it. if u put it over ur entire back it would only grow hot in the areas that muscles were out...but it does get damn hot. dont try taking a shower to stop it cos it makes it worse. can be found at chemists. works Really well tho

Status
Not open for further replies.