• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

More than siblings?

M

Maree

My friend is crazy about her dad's new partners son they are around the same age and get on like a house on fire. She has told me she has strong feelings for him an you can tell he has feelings for her to. The big problem they may be step brother an step sister one day!

They are not blood related but is it still wrong??

W

wingman

I'd say it's partly fueled by the 'wrongness'. It's more common than most think though, and not necessarily wrong since they are infact not related. But yeah, I agree it's a little bit wrong - especially if it gets serious.

May I ask how old they both are?

Tannerone

Gold Member
There is nothing wrong with the relationship. Both are from different parents, so it is perfectly legal.

It could quite easily be the other way round - the two children could be married to each other and both could have lost one parent, then the remaining parents got together. Both types of relationship are the same.

T1

L

Langtrees VIP Perth 4

I agree with both wingman and tannerone. what they've both said are good points.
If there is no blood relation then it's ok.
Maybe try tell her of the awkwardness she may have with the relationship having to explain her bf is her step brother, some people may not understand.
Also if they have a bad break up it could affect their parents relationship

xxSarahxx

Rochelle

Forum & Langtrees.com Administrator
Staff member
Legend Member
Biologically nothing wrong with it........totally different people but as already pointed out society probably looks very different upon it.
I think for their own sake nip it in the butt before it turns into a problem. I know it is the easy way out but as long as they don't know if it would be more than just a fling....and they have to ask themselves if they would be strong enough (both in their relation ship and mentally) to fight for it (against all odds so to say).
Hmmmmmm agree with wingman....age is a factor as well.
Good luck
R.xxxxxxxxxx

F

Farm Boy

My friend is crazy about her dad's new partners son they are around the same age and get on like a house on fire. She has told me she has strong feelings for him an you can tell he has feelings for her to. The big problem they may be step brother an step sister one day!

They are not blood related but is it still wrong??

Unusual but not wrong. Whats more actuality happen to two kids I went to school with.
Class mate's + Step siblings + Husband and Wife.

A

Alecia the Foxx

If their parents get married, it will be illegal for them to marry, as step-siblings can't marry. If they can handle that, then who cares. If their parents were already married, it would be considered incest, even with no blood ties.

S

Sean 39

Genetic sexual attraction (GSA) is a term that describes the phenomenon of sexual attraction between close relatives, such as siblings, first and second cousins or a parent and offspring, who first meet as adults.[1]

The term GSA was first coined in the US in the late 1980s by Barbara Gonyo, the founder of Truth Seekers In Adoption, a Chicago-based support group for adoptees and their new-found relatives.[2]

GSA is presumed to occur as a consequence of adoption, when the adopted children knowingly or unknowingly encounter biological relatives. Although this is a rare consequence of adoptive reunions, the large number of adoptive reunions in recent years means that a larger number of people (about half) are affected.[3] If a sexual relationship is entered, it is known as incest, and may be distressing to both parties (see incest taboo).

GSA is rare between people raised together in early childhood due to a reverse sexual imprinting known as the Westermarck effect, which desensitizes them to later close sexual attraction; it is hypothesized that this effect evolved to prevent inbreeding.

mmmmmmmmm im from a huge family!,so always wonder why i didnt like them,lol,i would say(the above)were u get "i like them just like a bother or sister comes from"(this happens to me ALL the time,lol)anyway boys and girls i would say go for it!! for sure.
Good luck and enjoy! Because if were blood related mother nature would NOT let it happen.

hornykiwi

Silver Member
so what's the story if the 'son' and 'daughter' met up and were an item before the new parents. Would that mean they would have to split?

F

Farm Boy

If their parents get married, it will be illegal for them to marry, as step-siblings can't marry. If they can handle that, then who cares. If their parents were already married, it would be considered incest, even with no blood ties.

The people I went to school with lived in Aus, anyway when I got marred was asked lots of Questions by RC Father J**** only trouble is it was so long ago can not recall if this step sibling stuff came up.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Maree

so what's the story if the 'son' and 'daughter' met up and were an item before the new parents. Would that mean they would have to split?

I think it would be unfair if they had to split if they met earlier, Its a tough call I mean should the parents have the final call cause they are older? I think she shouldve knocked the idea out of her as soon as she met him but at the same time u cant always stop feelings from occurring.

M

Maree

Oh really! thats the word she is afraid of being labelled as incest

M

Maree

I'd say it's partly fueled by the 'wrongness'. It's more common than most think though, and not necessarily wrong since they are infact not related. But yeah, I agree it's a little bit wrong - especially if it gets serious.

May I ask how old they both are?

She is 23 and he is 25 Id have to agree with the wrongness i mean everyone wants want they cant have!

Tannerone

Gold Member
Alicia is wrong. If the two people are not blood-related, which is the case here, they are free to marry. This is regardless of the fact that they are step brother and step sister. Neither of them have a common parent and therefore incest cannot occur either.

I agree that if they were to split whilst they were living with their parents, this could be very traumatic.

T1

A

Alecia the Foxx

Alicia is wrong. If the two people are not blood-related, which is the case here, they are free to marry. This is regardless of the fact that they are step brother and step sister. Neither of them have a common parent and therefore incest cannot occur either.

I agree that if they were to split whilst they were living with their parents, this could be very traumatic.

T1

Australian law does allow it, so yeah, I stand corrected on that point. Back when I got married you couldn't marry your step sister or brother, but the laws were all amended when NZ brought in the Civil Union. Now there is a provision that states that this applies to blood ties and half blood ties.

A

Alecia the Foxx

"Neither of them have a common parent and therefore incest cannot occur either." Quote from Tannerone.

I am afraid that I will have to take issue with you on that one.

There do NOT have to be blood ties for there to be incest. For instance, if a man interferes with his step-daughter, that is still considered incest, amongst other things. Wikipedia defines incest as "sexual relations between close relatives" and goes on to say that in some societies this includes relationships established only by marriage and with no blood ties.

In the case brought up by Maree, however, this is not relevant as the 2 parents are not married.