• We are setting up Trans World in the state boards this will take a few days Perth has already been done.these boards will be open to general public and they can also comment without membership. This is a trial only.

Monogamy, what say you?

asianguy77

Diamond Member
Could you stay in a Monogamous relationship for the 'rest of your life' if you found 'the one'? :love10:

Interesting fact: Of the roughly 5,000 species of mammals, only 3 to 5 percent are known to form lifelong pair bonds

Some animals which are monogamous:

1 Mexican gray wolf
2. Beavers lol interesting...
3. Swans- Their loyalty to their mates is so storied that the image of two swans swimming with their necks entwined in the shape of a heart has become a nearly universal symbol of love. Awwww.....
4. prairie vole - male mates exclusively with the first female it loses his virginity to, and will actually go as far as to attack other females
5. Black Vulture - They have been known to attack other vultures that have been caught philandering
6. Bald Eagles

Last edited:

pause78

Ryder Deep
Diamond Member
Very good book on the topic titled "The Red Queen: Sex and the Evolution of Human Nature", highly recommended to one and all

My personal take, yes and no :)

T

TB

You can have every intention to be/stay monogamous and if you never meet anyone that tempts you to stray its easy...so my response is yes if you meet the perfect one as no one else could maybe tempt you enough to stray.
I believe if you are truly happy in your relationship your eyes will not see anyone else as you will not be looking for them.
If you are looking its because you want to seek out.....so there is the intent.

F

Farm Boy

Monogamous? or basically more or less monogamous on most days?

bushseeker

Foundation Member
regarding monogomous animals - dont rmrmber the details but DNA studies on a type of monogomous birds chicks found
-------------- they aint all that manogomous. while they retain the same partner they fool around on the side

id be willing to bet its a pretty common theme amongst all of them.

as an interesting aside the humble stumpy tail is monogomous so every squashed one you see is a divorce

my opinion? yes i believe in the idea of monogomy

skye

Gold Member
Some forms of Parrots remain with one partner till they die and then they never get another partner ever. I seen it with my own eyes.

asianguy77

Diamond Member
Some forms of Parrots remain with one partner till they die and then they never get another partner ever. I seen it with my own eyes.

Skye, I believe you are maybe referring to Lovebirds. I guess, which is why when we see a couple in love, we refer to them as Lovebirds

lovebirds_beautifulbirds_picturespool_19.jpg

Last edited:
C

colbb123

Tim Minchin wrote a song based on the topic of monogamy, more specifically on whether we all have one true life partner with whom we are destined to find and be with. Youtube 'Tim Minchin If I didn't have you'. Bare in mind Tim's satircal style when you watch it, as the song presents the notion that statistically the odds of meeting 'the one' are statistacally very unlikely, suggesting that most of us effectively just 'settle'. In spite of this it is obvious to me that Tim treasures his wife whom he met at Uni in Perth and who he been married to for over 16 years. Tim speaks openly about his scepticism of fate, destiny and anything that can't been proven scientifically. Believing he married his one true love is IMHO one of the hardest things evidence or science could ever prove yet looking past his lyrics all I see is his unprovable, unmeasurable undeniable truth that he is with his 'one'.