Monogamy or Monotony

LongHair

Legend Member
So,

I married young and subsequently divorced a number of years later. Since then I have been in and out of relationships over the course of my life. Some short term (3 to 12 months), however generally for the most part longer term (anywhere from 3 to 10 years), before the relationship breaks down and I move on. I am left wondering if we humans are not meant to be monogamous.

Is it that we change over a period of time and the "one" that we selected as our partner of choice may not grow and change at the same rate we do and thererore we grow less compatible over a period of time?

Or are we on some deeper primal level, gentetically predisposed to seek out new partners throughout out life to propagate our species?

Or am I just a shallow fuck who is never satisfied with that I have ?????

J

Josh

To my knowledge most human cultures are polygynous (i.e. man has several wives), so this is probably regular human behaviour.

Ancient Nordic society practiced monogamy, even though there was a paucity of men from the cruel climate and wild animals, etc. This means many women were left unmarried, so only the most beautiful were chosen. This is how light hair/eyes/skin evolved, through sexual selection. When the Roman empire collapsed and the Germanic/Nordic peoples took over, they imprinted their ancient monogamy on Christianity (Christians were originally polygynous like the Jews). And in conclusion this is reason why we the West are still practicing monogamy today.

No idea what to do

Legend Member
Longhair
go with this for sure, I have the similar problems myself, always seeing the greener grass and of course a more attractive arse.
So this makes 2 of us and we not alone, Like Brothers from another Mother

Or am I just a shallow fuck who is never satisfied with that I have
Greener Grass for a Better Arse

:cool: The Frenchman🐸

BTW being up to Wifey No 4
Have I got problems I have not seen?

Last edited:

LongHair

Legend Member
Longhair
go with this for sure, I have the similar problems myself, always seeing the greener grass and of course a more attractive arse.

I gave up marrying em!!!!

DancingDollar

Seeking a companion
Gold Member
I had career plans that never eventuated. Would have loved a relationship that led to the possibility of marriage (no kids tho-another drawback in the relationship saga) Even had morals and went through stages of being over the ‘quick one nighter. Boy, don’t girls get angry when you say no!! I am envious of happily married couples with it all. I’m still searching tho. The happiness that can be found in a harmonious relationship is timeless

Katrina Kiss

VIP COMPANION / LANGTREES PERTH
Legend Member
So,

I married young and subsequently divorced a number of years later. Since then I have been in and out of relationships over the course of my life. Some short term (3 to 12 months), however generally for the most part longer term (anywhere from 3 to 10 years), before the relationship breaks down and I move on. I am left wondering if we humans are not meant to be monogamous.

Is it that we change over a period of time and the "one" that we selected as our partner of choice may not grow and change at the same rate we do and thererore we grow less compatible over a period of time?

Or are we on some deeper primal level, gentetically predisposed to seek out new partners throughout out life to propagate our species?

Or am I just a shallow fuck who is never satisfied with that I have ?????
Only you know the answer to your own question?

Katrina Kiss

Legend Member
Longhair

The girl probably wants to leave anyway, females pick up when men are not content with them.

LongHair

Legend Member
Well, I dont believe we are genetically predisposed to propagate or die. Nor do I believe I am just a shallow fuck,

I am satisfied that during those failed relationships I did my utmost best to maintain the relationship and unfortunately at times that is just not enough.

Katrina Kiss

Legend Member
If its broken and can't be fixed why stay with it, life is too short to stay in an unhappy relationship. I have friends that are envious because I had the courage to walk away more than once. They are "celebrating" 30 and 40 years of marriage most of which are unhappy years. I'd rather be happy alone than miserable with a partner.
Welll said!! I totally agree 👍

AlwaysUp

Happy to lend a helping hand :)
Diamond Member
I don't think that you are shallow... Heck I didnt know who I am really well late into my 30's. As I am approaching 50, I only now know what I like and what I will tolerate. Being in a relationship for the sake of being that faithful guy is BS.

We live only once, if you are unhappy move. You are not a rock. You are dead a lot longer that alive. See what the universe has provided and taste and feel and smell it too...