• Langtrees.com will start paid advertising on the 12th April this year. (my mothers birthday) Wallet balances will still remain if logged in the last month. Advertisers that have not logged in wallets will be reduced to zero.

Ms Sue

Legend Member
A wonderful forum member who I had the pleasure of meeting Thursday suggested Mirrors on the ceiling..
I love the idea and happy to say that as from next week there will be in one room a temporarily mirrors set up until we have refurnish the rooms and then all rooms will have them on the ceiling ...
Love great ideas
Ms Sue

bepp

Another World Member
Legend Member
can just imagine the ceiling one shatter an all those shards slixing thru someones bum

Phoebe

Some Village lost an Idiot!
Legend Member
These mirrors could be one way ones ..... voyeurs could be sitting behind these.... ;)

Bobalong

Gold Member
I am doing one room with mirror ceilings in the massage section and the play room is going to have full mirror ceilings .
A long time ago on holidays in Auckland NZ I went for a massage and it had a mirrored ceiling until I read this I had forgotten but at the time it was the most exciting massage I had ever had just thinking of it now gets the blood flowing great idea well done Mary-Anne

svengali

Foundation Member
The mirror would need to be al least 1200mm x 800mm or nearly a square metre of 6mm glass which would weigh in at around 15kg. Better make sure it is screwed strongly to the ceiling battens - not just glued to the plaster.

Phoebe

Some Village lost an Idiot!
Legend Member
The mirror would need to be al least 1200mm x 800mm or nearly a square metre of 6mm glass which would weigh in at around 15kg. Better make sure it is screwed strongly to the ceiling battens - not just glued to the plaster.

I thought no more nails was better than screwed.........

Mrs Langtrees

Manager @ Langtrees
Foundation Member
The ceiling is a suspended ceiling and you do them in sections, maybe Sue or Sherry will take a photo of the trial mirrors I put up in the play room 10 years ago and forgot all about. We tried three as we were worried about the weight but they have been great with no movement, just forgot about them until recently when Tammy asked me to upgrade the playroom.

T

Tania Admin

Watching on the hidden cameras eh?
Hiden camera's,,,,bahahahaha,,,that's the funniest thing I've heard in ages. I can assure you there are no hidden camera's in the rooms. The camera's that are at any Langtrees establishment are in full view of all reception, entry, office and lounge areas and footage is only checked if there has been an incident.

Nateeee

Gold Member
Hiden camera's,,,,bahahahaha,,,that's the funniest thing I've heard in ages. I can assure you there are no hidden camera's in the rooms. The camera's that are at any Langtrees establishment are in full view of all reception, entry, office and lounge areas and footage is only checked if there has been an incident.

Haha it was tongue in check Tania. No need to explain or defend yourself. Just giving Phoebe some sass :)

svengali

Foundation Member
I thought no more nails was better than screwed.........

HaHa You haven't had much to do with glass and glazing, have you?

The only adhesive which should be used to secure a mirror is non-acetone-curing silicone. Most regular adhesives will eat their way through the silvering in a very short time and ruin the mirror.

Also, remember that with adhesives you transfer the load to the ceiling so you had better think about how well that is secured to the battens. In most old buildings it is held up by straps of plaster over the battens and adding a few kilos of glass to the load may lead to someone waking up wearing it.

A job like this should be left to a competent glazier or picture frame installer.