Mental health

titan

Gold Member
At the end of the day, different things affect everyone in different ways and while a lot of self-righteous people who see it as clearly black/white and you MUST listen to every single piece of advice being given by the government sounds great in theory, in reality there are a lot of men (and women) out there struggling with all kinds of mental health disorders, depression, anxiety, loneliness and even possibly suicidal tendencies who are doing it very tough at the moment and "possibly" catching a virus may seem like the lesser of two evils when compared with the alternatives of leading a lonely and solitary life or even losing a life due to some of the abovementioned topics.

I'm not saying you fall into any of these categories or this next statement, but not every member on this forum has a loving wife and family at home with a big house, healthy/happy kids and they decide each and every time they punt to put that at risk for the thrill and to get "what they are missing out on at home". Each and every time someone punts, they risk taking something home to their loved ones regardless of whether there is a pandemic happening around the world or not.

We aren't all in the same boat as each other and while your advice may be to stay home, keep yourself, your family and loved ones safe the next person you talk to may not have all the luxuries others have and one of the ONLY things they have to look forward to is the companionship of a sex worker, not even necessarily sex but just a person to talk to, hold and cuddle up against.

I'm an impartial bystander really as I see both sides of an argument (having old and vulnerable parents) but from someone who also has depressive tendencies, I can tell you that it isn't always as black and white as it would/should/could seem. We all have different needs in our lives and simply ordering everyone to stay the fuck home and what not isn't going to stop the people who may be doing it tough in their lives at the moment with little or no ability to speak to anyone or get help. Instead of spending so much time berating people for wanting some companionship, why not ask some people with mental health disorders if they're doing ok at the moment? I think you might be surprised at how those few words can sometimes really help people in need.

Last edited by a moderator:

titan

Gold Member
This post/thread seems a little random now as it's been created from a post I made in another thread related to some COVID19 stuff that was being discussed.

The point still remains but probably seems a little out of left field as it was removed (cleaned) from another thread and this new one started in case anyone is wondering what, why or where it came from.

I won't go into too much detail, but the underlying point is still valid enough even if the context is a little lost now.