• Langtrees.com will start paid advertising on the 12th April this year. (my mothers birthday) Wallet balances will still remain if logged in the last month. Advertisers that have not logged in wallets will be reduced to zero.

Harlots_Bec

Harlots Mackay
Legend Member
Today I finally bit the bullet & bought a set of menstrual cups. I have seen these advertised in different places & I have read many articles on the benefits. So here we go..... wish me luck, lol! Any feedback from anyone who has tried them before positive or negative will be appreciated! 97921992-6D33-4070-BAFA-B81D840BAC54.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Miss Monique

Adelaide's original Plus Size Delight
Legend Member
Make sure you have the right size for you. Try them for a few cycles to see how you go. Some women find the bottom bit uncomfortable. Cups where not for me but I am a big fan of cloth pads and sew them as well. I am not familiar with that brand so can offer any advice there. Some women wear a cloth liner as back up with the cups and a small square cloth to sit them on when removing or emptying for hygiene reasons. If you are a Facebook user there is some good groups full of information & support from other women. Sterilizing them by boiling is important. I would recommend getting a little wetbag that you can pop a couple liners in and cup rest in so you can discreetly take to bathroom when at work or out and empty. A couple little wipes are great for a quick clean up

Last edited:

Harlots_Bec

Harlots Mackay
Legend Member
****note to all Perth girls, Throw chocolate to Shannon before approaching the reception desk this week***** ;);););):p:p:p:p:D:D:D
haha jks :) xxx

P.S. Would love to hear your honest opinion end of your cycle, Are you keen to update this to share what you thought? Like your self I've read so many articles but haven't been game enough xxxxxx
Hahahaha I prefer wine ;)

But yes, I will definitely update this post on my experience (minus the gory parts, lol!). Atm I am doing a bit more research on how to put them in ..... I’m actually a bit nervous to try, lol!

Harlots_Bec

Harlots Mackay
Legend Member
Advantages of using Menstrual Cups:
  • Unlike tampons, menstrual cups don’t dry the vagina. This preserves the healthy bacteria that protect you from vaginal infections.
  • Menstrual cups aren’t associated with toxic shock syndrome (TSS), which is a rare, life-threatening condition linked to tampon use.
  • Menstrual cups don’t contain chemicals found in tampons and pads, such as bleach and dioxin. According to the World Health Organization (WHO)Trusted Source, some dioxins are known to cause cancer in humans.
  • Many women report having less severe cramping when using cups, although no clinical studies have been performed to support this.
  • Menstrual fluid develops an odor when exposed to air. Cups eliminate this issue.
  • Most women report that they don’t even feel the cup when it’s in place.
  • Reusable menstrual cups are environmentally friendly. The Women’s Environmental Network reports that each year more than 100 million kilos of sanitary pads, tampons, and tampon applicators end up in landfills.

Harlots_Bec

Harlots Mackay
Legend Member
Things to consider before using a Menstrual Cup:
  • you're allergic to rubber or latex
  • you use an intrauterine device for birth control because sometimes it’s necessary to shorten the string attached to the IUD so that you won’t pull it out when you remove your menstrual cup
  • you’ve ever had TSS
  • you’ve recently had gynecological surgery, given birth, or had a miscarriage
  • you have a vaginal infection
  • you’ve never had sexual intercourse and you’re concerned about maintaining your hymen

Harlots_Bec

Harlots Mackay
Legend Member
I just had a closer look at Shannon's purple ones and decided that is not for me. I was surprised how firm and bulky the material is. It looks like a challange to get the cup into the right position.
They are kind of daunting........... but the beppy sponges were kind of scary at first too, lol! But I now love them! beppy.jpg

Miss Monique

Adelaide's original Plus Size Delight
Legend Member
The cups are much easier to get out compared to sponge. I have had to help a couple of inexperienced ladies get their sponge out. Cups can be good but not to replace the sponge if a working lady chooses to work that time of the month. Cups are not intended for that purpose if that makes sense

Savannah Sweet

Silver Member
I love my menstrual cup!
I use a larger one the first few days and a smaller one for the end of my period.
You can leave them in for a lot longer then tampons and they are much better for your vagina. I dance all day and never have leakages.
It’s weird to put in and take out at first so wear a pad with it for your first cycle until you are certain it’s in correctly and won’t leak.
And consider trying a few different brands before you give up on them, many different shapes, sizes and textures.

EmilyAnderson

Gold Member
I love my menstrual cup!
I use a larger one the first few days and a smaller one for the end of my period.
You can leave them in for a lot longer then tampons and they are much better for your vagina. I dance all day and never have leakages.
It’s weird to put in and take out at first so wear a pad with it for your first cycle until you are certain it’s in correctly and won’t leak.
And consider trying a few different brands before you give up on them, many different shapes, sizes and textures.

Good to know! Thanks babe.

Rub it in Tracey! ;-P