• Langtrees.com will start paid advertising on the 12th April this year. (my mothers birthday) Wallet balances will still remain if logged in the last month. Advertisers that have not logged in wallets will be reduced to zero.

Mary-Anne's Secret Recipes

Mrs Langtrees

Manager @ Langtrees
Foundation Member
Today I have been Asian food shoppoing and my friend is showing me how to make two special asian dishes that she prepares.
I am writing the recipes on the forum so I can find them in the future in my travels.
I loved the chinese butcher shop, we went to in North bridge, the cuts of meat are much more sensible for many meat recipes thean we get in Australian Butcher Shops.

Marinated Beef Slices
This is yummy flavourism beef slices.
Meat needed Beef Shin (the calf muscle from the cows leg)
1/2 bottle of Chinese Marinade, good brand Lee Kum Kee
Star things, smell like aniseed not sure of name.
Add to pot for boiling, with one onion for flavvour, add water ((30% water 70%) sauce to cover and boil for about 1 1/2 hours or until cooked.
after cooked cool down before slicing thinly for delicious cold meat.

Rewah Tea Eggs

Boil Eggs
make bowl of chinese tea, add 5 star things, add three teaspoons salt per dozen eggs.Add soys sauce for colour.
When eggs cooked cool quickly, roll with shells on bench to crack but do not peel. Add to the tea mixture and marinate one to two days.
The colour seeps into the eggs with the salt. Peel and eat whole or add to salads, delicious boiled tea eggs.