• Langtrees.com will start paid advertising on the 12th April this year. (my mothers birthday) Wallet balances will still remain if logged in the last month. Advertisers that have not logged in wallets will be reduced to zero.

Mary-Anne's General Thailand Info thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
This will be a locked thread and try to put up useful information that I learn on my jorney plus will cut and paste from members threads so easier to access.
All the services i put up will have good english speaking skills and phone numbers.

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
Health & Beauty & Misc

Spoke with a eldery chinese fortune teller the other day.Very good english and had a good feel about him.I didn't get my fortune read but may use him near the end of my adventure.
Fortune teller MR Koues-Siam Cell 087 057 8297

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
Stingray & Crocodile Handbags

Putting up this info for Beverly and myself.
Strin$gray bags are the latest craze and by chance found the manufacturer today.
Ladies Briefcase.....7200 B or .............$270 Aust
Back Pack Small/Large 3200 B or.............$$120 Aust
Evening Bag 2800 B ................$100 Aust
Medium Handbag 4000 B ................$$150 aust
Shoulder Wallet 1500 B ..............$60 Aust
Wallet big 1500 B ...............$60 Aust
Wallet Small 700 B ................$25 Aust
Telephone Cover 400 B ................$15 Aust

Company Name
TL Leather
Showroom at 652 Rama 4 Road
Samyan Bangkok
Near Rama Theatre and Mandarin Hotel
Phone 662 6333 3467
The lady that runs the shop offers 10% discount on two purchases or more and speaks reasonable english.

These are a least 1/2 the price of Australia but closer to a third.
Saw the sam bags in the large Jewellery shops at 1/3rd more expensive.

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
Taxi's in Bangkok

The taxi's are well priced in Bangkok many different colour cabs which represent different companies.
The best with metre are the yellow and green cabs as are privately owned, better cars and better cared for.
more chance of finding English speaking driver in this colour.
I booked a cab from 3pm till 9pm today with a regular driver I have found, took me to many places I needed to go and waited while I shopped and had dinner.
I paid him 1000 Baht which is about $33, he would have been happy with about $20 if you want to barter.
Taxi Driver Numbers
English Speaking Taxi Driver.... Sam Reasonable English 5/10 Cell Phone 089 8911325

You have to beware a little of the English Speaking Drivers as they want to take you to the Jewerlly gallerys and Tailors etc because these business give them petrol vouchers of 5 litres whether you spend or not.
Tailors In Bangkok
I spent 5 hours doing the tour with Sam the other day which he charged me only 20 baht for 5 hours which is less than $1 I did tip him $10 and he picked up 25 litres of fuel plus a small commission from the $150 Australian I did spend at one tailor.
I went back to the tailor for a fitting today was impressed with the style and shape so ordered three more garments that I have been needing for about $400 Austalian which was 2 tailored Jackets,and one over blouse.These would have cost me around $800 in Australia if I could have found them.One Jacket I have been looking for many years.
Most of the salespeople are Indian, the styles they have a little old fashioned but if you search for pictures on the web very good fiitings and they go the extra mile to see it looks good.As I am on a diet he has agreed to alter anything my last week in Bangkok if I am sucessful.

Mike The Tailor......Part of 10 stores so not the cheapest but good service..in BangRak Suburb 662 236 1497 email tom_inter@hotmail.com for all the stores information.
Before I started with tailor I got him to agree to make up outfits from supplied material as want to get some good Sari lenghts and have a costume made for my return costume party, plus if I can get some black stretch knit going to make me a new french maids outfit as the old feel to pieces for too much wear.Image their faces when I take in my catsuit with all the zips and get a new one made.
A hint if you want this sort of service buy at least one or two ordinary pieces first.The tailor that does the fittings are female for woman, mine was great and seemed to be enthustic about my new black chiffon top that shows off the boobs and holds me in.When I go for my next fitting on Saturday I will take her a nice fruit platter and a small gift so the cat suit will be extra special and she will not be offended.

Last edited:

Mrs Langtrees

Owner & Creator
Foundation Member
Pubs and Clubs In Bangkok

Aussie Pub
May I suggest DOWN UNDER Aussie pub: Sukhumvit Soi 7/1, about halfway up theshort soi on the left (not the one with a similar name on Soi 23). Ask forRob, and tell him I sent you. It's frequented mostly by "regulars," who eitherlive in Bangkok or are in town often (like myself). Rob has a nice outdoordeck as well as air-conditioned inside. It's a good place to meet people,easy-going, decent Happy Hour. When I'm in Bangkok I usually meet my variousfriends at DOWN UNDER (Soi 7/1) and start the evening there. Have fun. Goodluck.
supplied by American internet friend

I have visited the Aussie Bar twice, typical public bar, but has Aussie TV with all the footy games and a nice place to hang out for a hour or two in the late afternoon early evening.Rob is a very nice guy and a source of information.

More Great Places to Visit
Vertigo Grill & Moon Bar – in the Banyan Tree Hotel (Not Far from Siri Sathorn). Most insane restaurant on the planet for dinner. The courtesy bus at Siri Sathorn will drop you off there and get hotel to make your booking. http://www.banyantree.com/bangkok/dining_vertigo.htm

The MBK is a great,
Get onto Skytrain – 5 minute walk from hotel and go to MBK shopping centre.

Low cost shopping centre.Mostly small traders but a great variety of fashion at very good prices.Should be your first stop for shopping.
I bought three pair of sandles for $22 Austalian which is $7 a pair.

There is a med price shopping centre and high price shopping centre right next door.

Bayoke Sky Hotel
– Revolving Observation platform on about 88th Floor. Full 360 degree view of Bangkok and out to Gulf.

Grand Palace is great. Allow 1.5 hrs inside. Do not take pre booked trip. Catch a taxi in the morning preferably and hire guide just inside entrance. Requires trousers or dress with legth below knee and closed shoes. Can then catch long boat from nearby wharf to skytrain station at end of Sathorn line and three stops back to Hotel.
Supplied by Jacques Australian Business friend

Indian Market in Phuarat.

I visited this market today, thoroughly enjoyed as a fabric and accessory market.If you want to have speciality clothes made you can buy the funky fabrics here and tailors in this area are much cheaper.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.